Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen in some Mustang parts catalogs the shift lights listed by themselves. Can these be used alone without an aftermarket tach. I would love to have a tach and shift light that I can actually see, but don't see a good place to mount a 5 inch tach. The dash plate holding the two middle air vents might work depending on whats behind it. Hate to drill holes in the top of the dash itself. And I want a mounting that won't be shaking all the time. None of the parts catalogs I have looked at mention anything about mounting hardware.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I have seen in some Mustang parts catalogs the shift lights listed by themselves. Can these be used alone without an aftermarket tach. I would love to have a tach and shift light that I can actually see, but don't see a good place to mount a 5 inch tach. The dash plate holding the two middle air vents might work depending on whats behind it. Hate to drill holes in the top of the dash itself. And I want a mounting that won't be shaking all the time. None of the parts catalogs I have looked at mention anything about mounting hardware.
Ask George.

He has a nice shift light installed, and I don't think he needed a new tach.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the same light I think. I mounted mine on the SOS triple a frame...on the bottom pod for a guage. I also don't have a good pic but you can see it a little in this one.

OK not well but you can see where it is - I'll try to get a better pic too.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
During daylight I get a reflection off the plastic cover that I can not see the tach. The builtin shift light is too weak any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts