Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick question for the techs... Do you think it would be ok for me to install the H/E without starting up the car for a week?? My blower is out for polishing but I have the front end off and I figured I could do the install .. I will not be able to start the car up for at least a week .. So as soon as I get the blower back I could fill all the fluid and start the car... Is there any drawbacks to doing this?? I would like to do it today so if someone could chime in I would appreciate it.. Thanks, Lee

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
no issue...go ahead, change it. You can even go ahead and add the fluid back, and then when the SC is all installed and your ready to start...just monitor the level, and add as needed, which won't be much (provided you retain what you drain in a clean bucket). Your not breaking the integrity of the intercooler, just the HE. Actually you won't even lose much from it. Most of your fluid will come from the stock HE, and the attached lines.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
PM returned.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well guys.. Thanks for your help.. Afco is done took about 1hr 45 minutes.. Not a bad install at all.. I will be heading to the dealer tomorrow to buy the Motorcraft gold coolant because when I drained the original my bucket had some particles at the bottom so that wasn't going back in.. Thanks again for all your guys help...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts