Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
goin to get pinion angle adjusted in a.m. and could not get a hold of J&M today. Anyone have the instructions on how to adjust. I am sure clockwise/counterclockwise is either + or - or vis-a-versa. I just want to start out in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
With the suspension I have I adjusted till there was almost no thread showing and it came out good,You say you are having it done?Not doing it yourself!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
if you have not lowered the car...there's no need to

if so then you want the pinion in the negative (pointing slightly downward)...generally -2 to -4. but i've seen some at zero and -1. i beleive there's already a thread in here with instructions...just do a search, or goggle pinion angle...

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I ended up at -1,The gauges are readily available.I have 2 different types I picked up at Harbor Freight.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just got back from Ford dealer and we could not adjust the angle today. We measured pinion angle to be +1-0. The tech said I should weld my relocation brackets and set the LCAs to mid or low setting before I try to get a -2 pinion angle. We did not even touch the J&M UCA. Now time to get some welding done. Thanks for you help!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts