Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for 2020 GT500 owners which include the CFTP.

The Adjustable Strut Top Mounts are a DIO (Dealer Installed Option). To those who saw their cars before they underwent PDI, were your Adjustable Mounts shipped separately to your dealer’s parts department (like the Car Covers) or were they inside one of the dunnage kits in the car’s trunk?

Thanks in advance.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,658 Posts

The Adjustable Strut Top Mounts are a DIO (Dealer Installed Option). To those who saw their cars before they underwent PDI, were your Adjustable Mounts shipped separately to your dealer’s parts department (like the Car Covers) or were they inside one of the dunnage kits in the car’s trunk?

Thanks in advance.
From what I recall reading, the CFTP cars were supposed to come with them installed from the factory and the handling package cars will come with them in the trunk to be installed by the owner (not dealer). The mounts are supposed to be available this summer for handling package cars. The CFTP cars are getting them now.

However, I just reached out to a buddy that has a CFTP and he said his came in a box in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
3,840 Posts
The CFTP cars are suppose to have the kit in the trunk and the dealer is suppose to install it for free. The base cars with the handling package are suppose to have the kit sent to parts department and the customer is suppose to install the kit or pay the dealer to install it. As far as I know, no base car owners have received the Adjustable Strut Top Mounts from the factory. Some of the owners were able to have their dealers get them, but the boxes did not have their VIN printed on the label.
Like @Goose17 said, they are suppose to start shipping the kits this summer for the customers that ordered the Handling Package. I guess we will just have to wait and see how that works out.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shipping incomplete cars is pretty crappy. Though it unfortunately also isn’t a first. Quality being Job 1 and all that. Sure makes a $100K Mustang easier to swallow, eh? 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I recall reading, the CFTP cars were supposed to come with them installed from the factory and the handling package cars will come with them in the trunk to be installed by the owner (not dealer). The mounts are supposed to be available this summer for handling package cars. The CFTP cars are getting them now.

However, I just reached out to a buddy that has a CFTP and he said his came in a box in the trunk.
I have a “We Owe” for them plus installation, so I’m not terribly worried about getting them - eventually.

Would you mind asking your buddy if he remembers if they were in the same box as the aero kit bits?

As for the install, $18.5K damn well better include installation, though it’s pretty crappy not to include their installation across the board. Ford can’t nickel and dime its way back to prosperity at the expense of its most willing-to-spend customers.

Either way, I went back to the Order Guide. Ironically, the Handling Pack FSO doesn’t reference them at all. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Left hand, meet right hand...

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
3,840 Posts
The Order Guide also doesn't mention the Air/Mist Separator (Catch Can, Air/Oil Separator) in the CFTP or Handling Package.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
I have a “We Owe” for them plus installation, so I’m not terribly worried about getting them - eventually.

Would you mind asking your buddy if he remembers if they were in the same box as the aero kit bits?

As for the install, $18.5K damn well better include installation, though it’s pretty crappy not to include their installation across the board. Ford can’t nickel and dime its way back to prosperity at the expense of its most willing-to-spend customers.

Either way, I went back to the Order Guide. Ironically, the Handling Pack FSO doesn’t reference them at all. 🤷🏻‍♂️

View attachment 200235

I’ve seen online pics of the adjustable strut mount box. They come in their own box. Since the CFTP car is a “track built car,” the adjustable mounts are to be installed by the dealer free to the consumer. The handling package car splitter wickers, gurney flap, oil separator and eventual adjustable strut mounts are supposed to be installed for track use only (not for street use) and therefore dealers are instructed not to install these items on handling package cars.

As for what is included in the handling package cars, we had a good discussion here:

Reactions: Svtkel

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts

Thanks in advance.
This is from the latest version of the order guide:

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To bring this full circle for all who remain interested, I received the following information from a couple of extremely helpful contacts within Ford Performance and the folks who actually build them.

All CFTP cars built before January 20, 2020 should include the Adjustable Strut Top Mounts as a loose accessory item in the trunk alongside the basic floor mat & manual kit. All subsequent builds arrive from Flat Rock with the Mounts already installed.

Thanks to all who offered input.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts

View attachment 200235

Mr Goose where is that document says base 500 should be provided with adjustable strut mounts
I’m fighting with dealer about this
Parts doesn’t have
I read no VIN correlation for parts to know what’s for whom
How do I get Ford to confirm I’m owed this 400.00 part?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Mr Goose where is that document says base 500 should be provided with adjustable strut mounts
I’m fighting with dealer about this
Parts doesn’t have
I read no VIN correlation for parts to know what’s for whom
How do I get Ford to confirm I’m owed this 400.00 part?
Good questions. There was a briefing slide for the press event in Vegas that showed the mounts in the handling package and then there was the ordering guide sent to dealers... here is the applicable page:

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately, in the absence of anything to supersede the early dealer material, that pretty much DQs everything built so far. Official Order Guides during the 2020 build campaign make no such mention, which leaves folks with a pretty pricey set of splitter wickers and spoiler bolt on.

For that money, I might be tempted to build some skillz on a home 3D printer. At least they can be had from FP for $400 or so. If they do become included in the base handling pack, I now wouldn’t expect them before 2021 Job 1.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Note that both versions according to above info are Shelby GT 500’s. One has an additional option that being in part a Track Package, similar to a Technology Package, Handling Package, etc. Maybe and I won’t say the word but Shelby GT 500 with various packages or Shelby GT 500 with Track Package and so on. Let’s agree that anyone that has a Shelby GT 500 is very fortunate or lucky or hard-working or all of the above and more. Hell, I’m ready for a night ride but deer thick in Illinois and I think I know of only GT 500 1 Whitetail deer 0 incident involving Mr. Stangmode. He gets “The Antler Award.”

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Need part number or numbers for GT 500 (NCFTP- No Carbon Fiber Track Package). For Adjustable Strut Top Mounts. Also interested to see if Mr Goose or other recents had theirs installed at factory.)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Need part number or numbers for GT 500 (NCFTP- No Carbon Fiber Track Package). For Adjustable Strut Top Mounts. Also interested to see if Mr Goose or other recents had theirs installed at factory.)
I have the part numbers on my iPad, which I don’t have with me currently. As for whether they come installed on the CFTP... good question! I’ll let you know in the next couple weeks.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Thanks! Ford needs to option it if they have to additionally FACTORY install for all 500’s. I believe I saw some scary photos of an install but I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Side question for GT 500 Answer Man (with my appreciation): My son trying to get wheel caps off BULLITT mustang. Is there a tool or best procedure to do so? Bought some crosshair caps from Spur5 who makes some awesome Aftermarket items. As always thanks.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Side question for GT 500 Answer Man (with my appreciation): My son trying to get wheel caps off BULLITT mustang. Is there a tool or best procedure to do so? Bought some crosshair caps from Spur5 who makes some awesome Aftermarket items. As always thanks.
If you are asking how to remove wheel center caps, I always remove the wheel and then put something on the back side that is slightly smaller in diameter that fits in the recess and then give it a “pop” to pop the center cap out from the backside. Put the tool/item against the cap and then hit it with your hand on the other end.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts