Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT 500 2022 Shelby GT 500 Heritage Edition 1969 Shelby GT 500
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of the add on carbon fiber pieces that are available for the 2020-2022 Shelby GT500. I just purchased the 2021 and have been looking at the carbon fiber for the hood vent, front splitter, front bumper insert and rear panel. It looks like some of them are very difficult to get on. Thoughts?
Rick

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,873 Posts
What do you think of the add on carbon fiber pieces that are available for the 2020-2022 Shelby GT500. I just purchased the 2021 and have been looking at the carbon fiber for the hood vent, front splitter, front bumper insert and rear panel. It looks like some of them are very difficult to get on. Thoughts?
Rick
Moved your post here to our non performance mods section Rick.

I added the Python CF hood vent. It goes well on a CFTP.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
I think if one would be willing to pay $10K for painted stripes, some of the CF replacement components may be worth the steep price. But, unless we’re talking entire body panels, the only benefit would be cosmetic - at the risk of costly replacements for things like CF valances and wickers that are easily and frequently damaged.

I splurged for the interior because I like its look and it’s where I spend my time but I just can’t justify anything further. Those who enjoy popping their hoods at Cars and Coffee most weekends might feel differently.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT 500 2022 Shelby GT 500 Heritage Edition 1969 Shelby GT 500
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Madlock, thanks for your information and I agree with you 100% I’m never going to track the car or anything like that it’s just going to be mostly for a cruise in so probably 50 to 100 miles a year at most I don’t think that the hood vent in the front splitter would be too difficult to install from what I see but I don’t wanna take the whole front end off to get that bumper insert and again it’s just cosmetic anyway but thanks for the comments
Rick

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,873 Posts
Madlock, thanks for your information and I agree with you 100% I’m never going to track the car or anything like that it’s just going to be mostly for a cruise in so probably 50 to 100 miles a year at most I don’t think that the hood vent in the front splitter would be too difficult to install from what I see but I don’t wanna take the whole front end off to get that bumper insert and again it’s just cosmetic anyway but thanks for the comments
Rick
Some videos for you:

If you need to remove your front fascia:

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
933 Posts
Right now I am doing Interior CF and underwood so far, my Kong cover is being airbrush with the Cobra, They're redoing it as The first time I didn't like it

I also added the CF Wing, may do other spots on the outside of the car one day :) 🤷‍♀️
Motor vehicle Light Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Auto part Audio equipment Technology Gas Font
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Steering part

·
Registered
2018 GT350
3,060 Posts
It looks great, but acquiring uniform looking product from multiple vendors and dealing with vendor product availability can be a nightmare.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 CFTP Performance Blue/Painted Stripes
35 Posts
Brad, Wow That all looks fantastic I can’t wait to see you get it all on your car I’d sure like to have all those pieces on mine for sure thanks for posting the pictures
Rick
Steering wheel and door parts came from Beith Performance. Intake and radiator cover from SPE, coil covers and seat inserts from trufiber.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts