Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what to use to get acid rain spots off my windows? I have tried vinegar, CLR, Bar Keepers Friend and nothing seems to work.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,390 Posts
Can anyone tell me what to use to get acid rain spots off my windows? I have tried vinegar, CLR, Bar Keepers Friend and nothing seems to work.
I have fought this battle. If it’s on the glass only, consider yourself lucky. It’s usually etched into the clearcoat as well. For glass,I recommend Griots glass polish. I have their 3” and 6” polishers as well. They make a pad specifically for polishing glass. Here is the polish:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have fought this battle. If it’s on the glass only, consider yourself lucky. It’s usually etched into the clearcoat as well. For glass,I recommend Griots glass polish. I have their 3” and 6” polishers as well. They make a pad specifically for polishing glass. Here is the polish:

·
#1 Mike!
8,656 Posts
I'm a bit lazy and learned from a detailer friend to use a single edged razor blade, held at a sharp angle, with a little vinegar to lubricate the surface. Works great with no damage. This technique is used when cars get a little overspray on the windows at a body shop. Don't try this method on the paint! 😱

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
X100000000 on the glass polish with the little white pads. I think I use the Wolgang Perfekt Vision polish with the white pads on a dual action with a tiny backing plate, works excellent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts