Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 2020 GT500 have an accelerometer virtual gauge?

My '13 GT had one, and the Owners Manual seems to indicate there is one, but I haven't been able to find it if it's there.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,587 Posts
Does the 2020 GT500 have an accelerometer virtual gauge?

My '13 GT had one, and the Owners Manual seems to indicate there is one, but I haven't been able to find it if it's there.
Yes! It’s been awhile since I’ve looked for it. There are basically two different sets of gauges/dash info... there is the standard Mustang stuff like the TPMS screen, trip data, mpg, etc... you get there by hitting the setup button on the wheel. Then there are GT500 specific gauges/displays... you het there by hitting the Cobra button. Sometimes the display doesn’t switch over on the first attempt... just do it again and it works. I forget where the accelerometer is, but I suspect it is in Track Apps.

Reactions: DKnight

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes! It’s been awhile since I’ve looked for it. There are basically two different sets of gauges/dash info... there is the standard Mustang stuff like the TPMS screen, trip data, mpg, etc... you get there by hitting the setup button on the wheel. Then there are GT500 specific gauges/displays... you het there by hitting the Cobra button. Sometimes the display doesn’t switch over on the first attempt... just do it again and it works. I forget where the accelerometer is, but I suspect it is in Track Apps.
It's listed in track apps in the Owners Manual, and the GT500 supplement - and even in some how to videos, but it's not there.
It's not listed as a virtual gauge either.

However, I found it... go to show gauges, and then arrow down/up to flip through the screens once the gauges are showing.

I took a quick video of where it is - maybe it'll help someone, but at least it will remind me haha.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,587 Posts
It's listed in track apps in the Owners Manual, and the GT500 supplement - and even in some how to videos, but it's not there.
It's not listed as a virtual gauge either.

However, I found it... go to show gauges, and then arrow down/up to flip through the screens once the gauges are showing.

I took a quick video of where it is - maybe it'll help someone, but at least it will remind me haha.

Yup! There it is! Good job finding it. The digital dash isn’t always easy to navigate.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,587 Posts
Just drove my car... scrolled through the menu and found my accelerometer. I guess I have stomped on the brakes and made a very hard right turn! Almost 1 g acceleration isn’t too shabby either.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just drove my car... scrolled through the menu and found my accelerometer. I guess I have stomped on the brakes and made a very hard right turn! Almost 1 g acceleration isn’t too shabby either.

View attachment 217063
Yep --- looks like you've made sure to explore most of that display lol

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
If you haven't done it already, hold OK to reset those values. The GT350's tended to come with a preset value from the dash calibration.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,587 Posts
If you haven't done it already, hold OK to reset those values. The GT350's tended to come with a preset value from the dash calibration.
I had done it before... those numbers are from the track.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I had done it before... those numbers are from the track.
Yes yours aren't the typical preset values, it was more of a general suggestion to anyone reading this thread and going to the section of their dashboard display for the first time.

Reactions: DKnight and Goose17
1 - 9 of 9 Posts