Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
i have a 08 shelby gt500 and when i went to my dealer to install a lowering springs and shocks they toled me that i will have no warranty in my car in any thing in it.
is it the same in the united states ,, im from kuwait ?

is there is any e mail that i can contact ford company ?

regards

·
Registered
888 Posts
hi guys
i have a 08 shelby gt500 and when i went to my dealer to install a lowering springs and shocks they toled me that i will have no warranty in my car in any thing in it.

regards
From what I have read on the forum so far about warranty coverage after mods, it depends on the dealership. I know that there are folks having warranty repairs done on cars that have been modified. Can you try another dealer over there?

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
What I have consistently read is that if the mod did not cause the failure then it would be covered. :shrug03:

·
Registered
429 Posts
But the franchise laws might be different over seas??
i would contact ford europe or asia or wherever the headquartes are and see what they have to say

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Over here in the US, it all depends on the dealer you are working with. I have a few good local ones over here that I do tuning for and have no problem warrantying certain things. Large dealers that make Ford a lot of money have a lot more leway on warranty repairs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i will do my best to find a way to talk to some one and i hope that i can do it in here,,

thanks a lot guys for you help

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
hi guys

regards
In the US, they can't say that. They must prove that the modification you made caused the failure. Or...some would say that you must prove the modification did NOT cause the failure. In other words, let's say you install new struts, and the wiper motor fails. It would be pretty easy to convince a reasonable person that the struts did not cause the wipers to fail.

As you are in another country, I have no idea how they do things.

Good luck...I'd go to Ford.com if you want a contact.

Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi guys

regards
Ford RAcing has a lowering/handling package and the dealer can put it on and it will not affect the warranty then because it is a dealer install

1 - 10 of 10 Posts