Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
Great thread! I’m with team Miles. Although the purest whined about different things in the movie, such as Matt Damon was to short to play Shelby, I think it did a great job telling the story. Ken Miles got some long overdue love. It also sparked interest fin racing and Shelby with people that never really thought about it.

Bryan, we get through this crap, we need to grab a beverage. Would like to see the car after you got it from Kurt.

Bob

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm with you, but in today's society, I don't think most people know what a Ford GT is, let alone that it won a race. I also don't think most people know sports car racing exists anymore, so really they're only doing it for the enthusiasts, or their egos, or just cuz they can. I don't think Tim is far off that online hype would go way farther than winning races. Take a new Ford GT, hit a ramp at 200mph+ and put it on youtube...EVERYONE would know about it then. I feel like society is moving towards the movie Idiocracy.
sadly, true, internet hype far exceeds actual performance data and accomplishments, how many time shave we seen new Chevy C8 sets record at (name the convenient track) when in reality, it had sticky tires, or some other trick tuning done to it. just like the OPTIMA series, it's basically build whatever you want and go race it. The real accomplishments are still in the SCCA, PWC, and IMSA, even though even that is being muted thanks to the " balance of performance" mentality.

·
Registered
2008 Vista Blue
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Great thread! I’m with team Miles. Although the purest whined about different things in the movie, such as Matt Damon was to short to play Shelby, I think it did a great job telling the story. Ken Miles got some long overdue love. It also sparked interest fin racing and Shelby with people that never really thought about it.

Bryan, we get through this crap, we need to grab a beverage. Would like to see the car after you got it from Kurt.

Bob
Absolutely!! I'd really enjoy that.

One of the first things Kurt said to me after I bought the car was that some of you enjoyed getting together on occasions, and I definitely liked that sound of that. I haven't seen Kurt on the site but maybe once or twice since I bought the car (and we exchanged texts a few times when I was confused on something or had a question about the car), but hopefully him and others might be up for it (he certainly could be on much more, I just haven't noticed). I know that as limited a time as I've had the car thus far, I've absolutely had a blast with it, and would really look forward to the opportunity to put a face and car to a name from here.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts