Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I spoke to a dealership about a shelby.
He said they had just ordered theres NOT very long ago.
One person I talked to said BECAUSE of that, he didnt think they would get it in till the end of the year.
After discussing terms. Another person called me.. A manager.
He said that he belived ALL shelby's wouldnt come in till end year but POSSIBLY october. Then he said he would get his whenever everyone else does because it really did not matter that they ordered it so late. He said all dealers would get them at the same time....

My question is this. Does it matter that they ordered so late?
OR will they get it in when the rest of the dealers get theirs?
I really need to know this because the price is better than the other one I am looking at.. but if the order makes it come in six months later then I would rather have the other.
Thank you so much!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
stangbanger7 said:
Ok I spoke to a dealership about a shelby.
He said they had just ordered theres NOT very long ago.
One person I talked to said BECAUSE of that, he didnt think they would get it in till the end of the year.
After discussing terms. Another person called me.. A manager.
He said that he belived ALL shelby's wouldnt come in till end year but POSSIBLY october. Then he said he would get his whenever everyone else does because it really did not matter that they ordered it so late. He said all dealers would get them at the same time....

My question is this. Does it matter that they ordered so late?
OR will they get it in when the rest of the dealers get theirs?
I really need to know this because the price is better than the other one I am looking at.. but if the order makes it come in six months later then I would rather have the other.
Thank you so much!

1st of all read the thread "It's Official" post #14.
2nd did you read what I said?2007 Shelby's are going to be made over a 12 month period,so at least half of them won't even be made by the end of the year let alone be at the dealership.Everybody is not going to get theirs at the same time unless we keep all the Sheby's at the plant untill June of 2008 and then ask 1800 semi's to show up and ship them at the same time.Neither one of those dealers can tell you honestly when their Shelby's are going to come in.Read the thread right below this one.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I would.It doesn't sound like the dealer is being straight up.Get it in writing and order the car right then.Make sure you get somebody to sign it with some authority.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts