Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe my Snake has a little different look than most I have seen. Haven't seen another one with these type of 20" wheels. Mods so far include: 20" rims with Nitto drag radials, FRPP CAI, FRPP short throw shifter and stick, Cervini front spoiler, Rousch rear spoiler, painted rocker panels, Steeda adjustable panhard bar, Shelby brake cooling inlets, Pypes axle-back muffler delete tailpipes (shes loud), and Eibach lowering springs (don't reccomend installing by yourself like I did). Even though its lowered, the big drag radials give it a slight rake. Not sure what that glare is on the pic of the wheel.

I'm sure the guys who have those Taj Mahal garages and acres of blacktop drives cringe when looking at the pictures. Where you see it is where its parked, in my dirt driveway. Thats where I do my work on it using a cardboard creeper.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Looks good... Way to be different... Quick question on the Nitto's are they the 305/35/DR's??

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I've been wondering how the Bullitts looked on a GT500!!

Those gunmetal wheels look good on your white car!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Looks sharp! :) I like the looks of the rear spoiler too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looks good... Way to be different... Quick question on the Nitto's are they the 305/35/DR's??
Yes, they are the 305/35/20. Taller than the 30's on the front, so you get the very slight rake. Had several brands of mags (using the word mag lets you know I'm old) back in the '70s. The American Torque-thrusts were always my favorite and these wheels were the closest I could get that would fit. They call the color anthracite. Thought they complimented the white better than the all chrome ones.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Handicapped? Not the normal ride...congrats on being able to adapt.:clap: :cheers:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Handicapped? Not the normal ride...congrats on being able to adapt.:clap: :cheers:
Pretty much a bummer. Have a bad clutch leg. Probably have a max of two more years being able to drive the car. Maybe Ford will put an automatic in the GT500 by then.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Probably have a max of two more years being able to drive the car. Maybe Ford will put an automatic in the GT500 by then.
Then drive that darn thing every chance you get!!

And if Ford does not have an auto by then, you can always covert the GT500 to an auto. By then, it will not be as rare as it is now and it should be well documented.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Then drive that darn thing every chance you get!!

And if Ford does not have an auto by then, you can always covert the GT500 to an auto. By then, it will not be as rare as it is now and it should be well documented.
+1 Drive it like you stole it then put an auto in it and keep the original parts...if it's worth anything on the collector's market 20 years from now somebody else can convert it back.:zlurking:

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Love the car man... great rims, and i dig those painted rockers...

·
Registered
994 Posts
hotrod,
do a search on here for automatic tranny's. YESTERDAY i was reading on here, ALOT (recovering from surgery and the missus lets me have my laptop, heehee) and there was a guy that had an AT put in, had the link to the website he got it from and everything!
I will try to find it again, if i do i will send you a PM.
Dave

·
Registered
658 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts