Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Wednesday, I was driving the GT 350 down a two lane highway marked 45 mph. Notice a VW station wagon behind me and did not think much about it. About a minute later and much to my surprise, out of the corner of my left eye I just see the front of this car on my left side and radically turning into me. Wow! I immediately veered to the right and slammed on the Brembo's and the VW missed me. but now he was in front of me and the highway is now divided. The SOB immediately slams on his brakes trying to force me into the rear of his car. Again the Brembo's served me well. At this time, I notice the entire back of the fairly new VW is all smashed in. Also, both sides of the car have been smashed due to side swiping. Turned off as quick as I could and went home. Checked the Shelby out and all is good. The next day in the news it was reported kids are stealing cars and purposely smashing into other cars for the fun of it. In some cases they film the event and post it. When the car their driving becomes inoperable or runs out of gas they ditch it. True and horrifying story.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
33,715 Posts
Holy CRAP! :eek:

Nice defensive driving! Glad they didn’t get you!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Last Wednesday, I was driving the GT 350 down a two lane highway marked 45 mph. Notice a VW station wagon behind me and did not think much about it. About a minute later and much to my surprise, out of the corner of my left eye I just see the front of this car on my left side and radically turning into me. Wow! I immediately veered to the right and slammed on the Brembo's and the VW missed me. but now he was in front of me and the highway is now divided. The SOB immediately slams on his brakes trying to force me into the rear of his car. Again the Brembo's served me well. At this time, I notice the entire back of the fairly new VW is all smashed in. Also, both sides of the car have been smashed due to side swiping. Turned off as quick as I could and went home. Checked the Shelby out and all is good. The next day in the news it was reported kids are stealing cars and purposely smashing into other cars for the fun of it. In some cases they film the event and post it. When the car their driving becomes inoperable or runs out of gas they ditch it. True and horrifying story.
Glad all is well for you.

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
921 Posts
People suck --- glad your defensive driving and peripheral vision saved you.

·
Super Moderator
5,401 Posts
Crazy! People like that should be disposed of. What in the h**l is this world coming to.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2013 GT500 SVTPP 2003 Oxford white cobra coupe, 2003 cobra coupe black, 1988 Foxbody Notch 5.0
27 Posts
I’ll never truly understand what is happening in today’s world. I thought I’d seen it all when kids were eating tide pods. Now purposely crashing into other cars for the fun of it? At this point I’d tell them to go back to Tide pods.. at least they’re only harming themselves. Ignorance is bliss.. glad you’re okay. Brembo’s, and defensive skills will always prevail.

·
Registered
2013 GT500 SVTPP w/TP
27 Posts
glad you saved the situation. When you combine mcdonalds with smartphones, spongebob, and zanax you get the f**d up youth of today.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
549 Posts
You handled it better than I would've. I woulda been hunting their sorry carcasses.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 2000 Roush Mustang GT Vert
305 Posts
Wow! Good for you. I thought we did wild stuff in my younger days. The only cars we crashed were our own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts