Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a day and a half of heavy paint correction (mostly swirl removal), I've gotten the ol girl to a damn near brand new, wet mirror, finish. I wasnt originally going to post this, but figured you all would appreciate it as much as i do. I wish I had to forethought to take before pics, but I didnt, so sorry theres no comparison. To give you an idea, I'm pretty sure the previous owner washed the car with steel wool. I'd say I've gotten 90% of the swirls out and when I do it again in 6 months, i think itll be damn near perfect. Unless i switch to f11, I've heard great things. We shall see. If youd like better angles, pics, or lighting, let me know.

If anyone would like to know the process and products I used, let me know. Its labor intensive, but well worth it.

·
Registered
2014 GT500
364 Posts
That looks awesome! I love that color.

·
Registered
2014 GT500
364 Posts
Agreed. I REALLY like the new Performance Blue that Ford is doing.
I like the black stripes, too. Beautiful car.

·
Premium Member
2014 Ruby Red Metallic w/White racing stripes
355 Posts
This is awesome! I have to learn this skill this spring/summer.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,360 Posts
Nice work Leo! I know how long paint correction takes to do right... fabulous results! 👍

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is awesome! I have to learn this skill this spring/summer.
I'd be happy to tell you the process and products to use, it's really easy. It just takes time, an attention to detail and, ideally, a garage or awning to work under.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice work Leo! I know how long paint correction takes to do right... fabulous results! 👍
Thanks brother. I'm hoping the next go around will yield even more results.

I'm going to post how I did it tomorrow, when I have time to sit down and type it out. Can you pin it as a permanent thread when I do? That way others interested can reference it. I'm not sure where I would post it, but I know you'll know best where to stick it.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,076 Posts
Nice work, I'll bet the paint really pops in the sun..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts