Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this..when I turn a/c unit on I hear a rattling noise coming from under the hood like something is loose, then when I hit button again to shut it off noise stops so I am sure it has something to do with a/c, I know its not the fan, noise is continuous while a/c is running not real loud but just enough to annoy.

Still waiting to start up the mods as I want to put a few miles on it, only at 700 so far and still need to get to a dealer for air-bag recall and possibly this noise.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I would not mess around with it, get it to a dealer. I would be concerned about it throwing a belt.........or worse

·
Registered
416 Posts
Condenser?:shrug03:

·
Registered
172 Posts
mine did it with the old clutch and tranny; I guess I have not run the ac since they were changed out. The noise I had actually sounded like it was from the tranny area, like an increase in the roll over noise, usually heard it only with the tranny in neutral. I have read where others have had the same noise.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Mine makes a rattle too with the AC on - I thought it was clutch rattling too. Let us know if your dealer is able to fix it.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this..when I turn a/c unit on I hear a rattling noise coming from under the hood like something is loose, then when I hit button again to shut it off noise stops so I am sure it has something to do with a/c, I know its not the fan, noise is continuous while a/c is running not real loud but just enough to annoy.

Still waiting to start up the mods as I want to put a few miles on it, only at 700 so far and still need to get to a dealer for air-bag recall and possibly this noise.

Mine has always done this.

I'm sure I will remember to have the dealer check it the day after it runs out of warranty.

:)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Never used mine....just drop the top on the 20 nice days a year in MN. Now I'm curious.
The A/C compressor will kick on automatically if you use the defrost mode.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Never used that either..I've been pretty stingy or paraniod with the car, but now that she's a year old, I'm starting to drive it more and more.......

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I have never used the window wipers - don't even know how to turn them on. :sunny:
I thought I'd never use mine either... until my 1400 mile drive home to get the car in NC.

Used the a/c, heat, defrost, wipers and got the car wet and filthy.

Amazingly, it didn't melt!! :D

While I don't like to get it dirty or wet cause it takes too long to get it as clean as I like it, I laugh at the people who refuse to get their car wet. :roller:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
...I thought someone was laughing at me.

:)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well at least its not just my car doing it, I am beginning to think these cars have a personality all there own and along with that comes a few quirks.. I will check under the hood myself when I get some time and see if I can pin point where the noise is coming from and will update everyone

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Wow tough crowd in here, I'll be outside. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts