Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
Discussion Starter #1
We started the restore of my buddies 89 SSP in mid Jan. I am now getting around to posting pics of our efforts. Starting with re-painted body, rebuilt motor an a bunch of new parts here we go:

First new Rack/Pin in empty engine bay

Next rebuilt Quarter Windows

Pic of stripped interior

Carpet In

Interior in

Doors and Fenders

Cop Lights

Fenders and doors on with Cop Tires and Cop Motor!

Loaded on trailer to go get AC Charged

Pulled by Godzilla

Attachments

Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
When do we see the finished product? 馃槉

A few more weekends. Rest of front end should go on this weekend, then Brad will have to finish the lights and electronics inside. Haven't decided on outside hwy patrol graphics or unmarked yet, depends on if he wants to drive it around any. Prob do unmarked and the hwy patrol silver on the roof. A few ex hwy patrol LEO's have been asking about when we will be done as they drove a SSP during their time in law enforcement here.

Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
Discussion Starter #4
More work today on the SSP. Got the front end on and hood. Worked on rebuilding the rear brakes. The pas side brake drum was frozen on, drum had a wear lip inside that had the shoe captured. We beat and beat on it, crow bar, hammer, cuss, 1 hour later I beat it into submission while Brad crow bar the poop out of it. Also he has been working during the week on the electronics. He has the blues and strobes working. I took a vid of them flashing and will upload. Looks fantastic. Here some other pics of today:

Attachments

Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
Such a cool project! I am curiously watching this since I have an 89 GT vert I will be doing a full restoration on before too long. Thanks for sharing all your work Chuck!

Reactions: ihaterice
1 - 5 of 5 Posts