Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,533 Posts
Do you have a Mustang or are you a spammer?
I mean it's possible he's a mustang owner who is just really pro-team-Jacob, but I'm guessing spammer.

Reactions: OMB and Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
38,371 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
1,387 Posts
I'm actually astonished of how many seem to "forget" that when getting into long-term loans with little or none down. Now, an argument can be made that if you have the cash reserves and could cover the difference/pay off the balance at the time of sale, then you're better off investing the money, borrowing at 0%, and make the minimum payments. However, that scenario is probably valid for about 2% of call car buyers. Also, these 0% loans are for new cars. We all know that as the first owner, you will be taking the biggest depreciation hit on this vehicle (in normal circumstances), so that needs to be taken into consideration as well.

Personally, we carry as little debt as possible. As much as I liked having a new car and we've had it for 10 years/176,000 miles, buying Amy's Edge new would not be a decision I'd probably repeat in the future. We bought my truck 3 years old and it was is great condition with a solid maintenance background. I believe it was about $20,000 less than than MSRP at that point.
We have been fortunate to be able to buy our last several vehicles outright. One dealership was dumb enough to tell my wife she doesn’t know how to manage her money because she didn’t finance the car. Whew! She got pissed! Walked out and we bought another 2007 Mustang GT new at another dealership. Very insulting. How did that a-hole know how much $$$ we did or didn’t have???

·
Registered
2013 Black/Matte - SVTP, SVTPP, Technology Pack, Recaros, Shaker 1000 - VMP Stage 4
83 Posts
Based on the current rate of inflation, I'd absolutely take that 84 month 0% loan, time value of money and all. Who doesn't love a little arbitrage?

Reactions: The Bone

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
943 Posts
Based on the current rate of inflation, I'd absolutely take that 84 month 0% loan, time value of money and all. Who doesn't love a little arbitrage?
Good luck finding 84 month and 0%. Lol!

Reactions: Germansheperd

·
Registered
2021 GT500
606 Posts
I have heard from a coworker that his classes were very eye opening as well.
I couldn't agree more on the contract thing. I get kind of pissed when I have friends that charge up stupid stuff and filed for Bankruptsy and bragged they got everything written off. Not long later they were buying new cars and homes and big screen tv's and Macbooks and shit again. Goes to show you doing the right thing doesn't always pay off other than feeling good about yourself.
I have had debt in hard times as well. I stuck it out and paid things off and worked extra and hussled more. Its just the kind of guy I am
Coworker of mine did this back in the early 2000’s and bragged about it. He just bought fully loaded V10 Ford Excursion. He was one of the most memorable individuals I’ve ever worked with. He used the company PCs to mine Bitcoin. I had no idea what he was doing back then because he claimed he was using them to run algorithms to help cure cancer. No idea if he’s a millionaire but I know he eventually quit and moved from Texas to a massive home in Ohio. :D

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray with Black Painted Roof
77 Posts
Good luck finding any special financing on a Shelby.
I had several offers at 60 months for 1.8% and 75 months at 2.1%. My financial advisor said no brainer with the way inflation is hitting financing an asset that low and putting the cash into retirement fund. I never question how somebody else spends their money, but this deal seemed to be low risk and worked for me.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) '08 Vista Blue Vert, ROTM JAN. 2015
6,620 Posts
84 MONTHS. HA HAA Ha haha ha ha... LOL, LoL, lol...... ROTFLMFAO....
...EIGHTY FOUR Months... seriously !

I haven't "financed" (taken a loan) for a vehical for... well over fifteen years. I thought 48 months was insane !

"...and that's about all I have to say about that..."

Reactions: Leo1074

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
727 Posts
Not my money, not my concern. If the math works for me then that’s what I’ll do. Everyone else who has an opinion on how I spend the money I’ve worked for can put those opinions where the sun doesn’t shine 🤣

Reactions: 'cause and DKnight

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) '08 Vista Blue Vert, ROTM JAN. 2015
6,620 Posts
Not my money, not my concern.
If the math works for me then that’s what I’ll do. Everyone else who has an opinion on how I spend the money I’ve worked for can put those opinions where the sun doesn’t shine 🤣
Ppsssssst... psssssst...

Take a guess....

You can spend all you want of your $$$.... any way you want... anywhere you want.... anytime you want.... on anything you want. Just like any and everyone else can.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
727 Posts
Ppsssssst... psssssst...

Take a guess....

You can spend all you want of your $$$.... any way you want... anywhere you want.... anytime you want.... on anything you want. Just like any and everyone else can.
Uhm, yep, I know. Hence my reply to the OP and anyone else who has something negative to say about ANY purchase that they didn’t make 😉

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
563 Posts
I took this photo at my local Audi dealer about a year ago. 120 months.

Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire

• Wow
Reactions: msirach

·
Registered
35 Posts
I took this photo at my local Audi dealer about a year ago. 120 months.

View attachment 228350
😭 omg! 10yr loan on a 5yr old car at the time you took the pic. Plus I bet its still $8k down or something like that lmao.

I am not against financing cars, or anything for that matter BUT that deal above is horrible at best. The most wealthy (not rich) people in the world have debt.
the difference is most people don’t realize what good debt means. “We” aren‘t taught what that is or how the wealthy do it. Not unless you grew up in it or were fortunate enough to break out of the cycle and do your own thing.
The best part is we live in the greatest country in the world where we have the choice to try and do what we want vs other countries unless you were born into it you unfortunately have a 99% failure rate.

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
563 Posts
This car was $84,995 - 15% = $72,245.75 would be the amount financed. At $820.35/mo that = $98,442. This $85k car costs $111,191 when you're through.

Reactions: Evolvd

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
943 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: GTabusa and REMIX

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
1,387 Posts
BIL got one new in 2015. Awesome car but I would much rather have a Shelby. His stupid girlfriend dropped a bag of groceries on its trunk lid and took out chunk of paint!
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Grille

·
Registered
2021 RAPID RED GT500
50 Posts
I took a 60 month loan on my gt500. I did it for a safety net because of the wild swings that have happened in the last few years. We have been shown that at any time someone can just say everyone close your business its for your safety! I went with the highest term of months that still had a good rate so if something does happen the minimum payment is lower. I am paying it at a rate to have the car paid off in 3 years. I would rather have more money in the bank just in case someone decides the safe move is to make you close your business and eat sh$t so no one gets a cold. Now if you don't have money in the bank, and you put little to nothing down, and you can barely afford the payment at 72 or 84 months than you simply purchased too much car.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts