Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a manual transmission or a convertible? Here’s your chance. All you need to do is write a check for $125k!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Need a manual transmission or a convertible? Here’s your chance. All you need to do is write a check for $125k!

That is amazing that they can get that much horsepower out of a 5L engine.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is amazing that they can get that much horsepower out of a 5L engine.
We are already seeing over 1000 crank hp on modded 5.2 engines in the 2020 GT500s. The Coyote class engines are solid performers.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
2,990 Posts
" The mighty 825 horsepower V8 will begin at $127,795 MSRP "...........
...........If I planned on spending this amount of $$$$$$$$$$$$, it wouldn't be on a modded Mustang GT !!

·
Registered
34 Posts
" The mighty 825 horsepower V8 will begin at $127,795 MSRP "...........
...........If I planned on spending this amount of $$$$$$$$$$$$, it wouldn't be on a modded Mustang GT !!
I'm disappointed that Shelby didn't choose to put a larger engine in it, something that would make it stand out and justify that asking price. Rather than slapping the Shelby name on a Mustang GT, like you said.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm disappointed that Shelby didn't choose to put a larger engine in it, something that would make it stand out and justify that asking price. Rather than slapping the Shelby name on a Mustang GT, like you said.
What engine would Shelby have to put in this car...? The Coyote class of engines is fabulous. Add some boost with supporting fuel and you can make a bunch of power. The days of adding a 400+ cubic inch iron block to make power have long since past.

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,731 Posts
For that money I’d do a FatFab Twin Turbo GT350. Still has the Shelby name, more HP, old school manual.

Or maybe just get a 2020 CFTP and have some cash left over.

·
Registered
34 Posts
What engine would Shelby have to put in this car...? The Coyote class of engines is fabulous. Add some boost with supporting fuel and you can make a bunch of power. The days of adding a 400+ cubic inch iron block to make power have long since past.
I'm not saying they should have put a 400+ciengine in the new Shelby, I was just agreeing that it's a lot of money for a Mustang GT. They could have put the 5.2L engine in it, just an idea. It's just my opinion that just slapping the Shelby name on a Mustang GT doesn't justify that kind of price.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not saying they should have put a 400+ciengine in the new Shelby, I was just agreeing that it's a lot of money for a Mustang GT. They could have put the 5.2L engine in it, just an idea. It's just my opinion that just slapping the Shelby name on a Mustang GT doesn't justify that kind of price.
Totally agree Tony!

What comes out of SA has never really justified the price. You could piece together a similar car for a lot less. When you buy a SA car or have yours modded, you are paying for the name and history of Shelby American. It is a name brand that comes with a “name brand tax.”

·
Registered
34 Posts
Totally agree Tony!

What comes out of SA has never really justified the price. You could piece together a similar car for a lot less. When you buy a SA car or have yours modded, you are paying for the name and history of Shelby American. It is a name brand that comes with a “name brand tax.”
I agree, I know I'm proud to be able to drive around in a car that has Shelby across the back. I feel like I'm now a member of an exclusive club, and I like the kind of people that are part of that. That's why I decided on a Shelby instead of a Corvette, the name and of course the Supercharger helped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts