Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
You are really going to overdrive the S/C with a 2.2" pulley. There's going to be a ton of heat and your power will drop off quickly.

The Evo Stage 4 + a heat exchanger will give you over 600 rwhp, and it'll do it with a 2.6" pulley. My Shelby runs cooler now than it did when it was stock.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are really going to overdrive the S/C with a 2.2" pulley. There's going to be a ton of heat and your power will drop off quickly.

The Evo Stage 4 + a heat exchanger will give you over 600 rwhp, and it'll do it with a 2.6" pulley. My Shelby runs cooler now than it did when it was stock.
Another grand and you can get a TVS and I'm thinking a 2.9 whipple. All the supporting mods are nice, but you can run a tvs, whipple will little more than a tune.

THe Stieg package will be have of that price for a stock gt500 and less more as most already have a cai and tuner.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nope. While it does not make the power a whipple or KB can at 18psi, it does make 600RWHP and does not drop off quickly. The intake air temps with the afco HE are not bad at all and stay that way. Mine is a daily driver in Houston traffic. Heat in the intercooler nor engine is a problem. On a road course track, it would likely be a bit different with the blower in constant boost, but thats not how most folks use this car. The ported and pullied eaton is a pretty good bang for the buck.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope. While it does not make the power a whipple or KB can at 18psi, it does make 600RWHP and does not drop off quickly. The intake air temps with the afco HE are not bad at all and stay that way. Mine is a daily driver in Houston traffic. Heat in the intercooler nor engine is a problem. On a road course track, it would likely be a bit different with the blower in constant boost, but thats not how most folks use this car. The ported and pullied eaton is a pretty good bang for the buck.
Glad to hear. Yep, the amount of time a daily driver or weekend cruiser is in boost is minimal.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Thanks for posting, James. Good to hear some real-world experience.

Here's a question...
I'm already pulling 606 rwhp with a 2.6" pulley. What would happen with a ported S/C & 2.2" pulley? Hmmm.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for posting, James. Good to hear some real-world experience.

Here's a question...
I'm already pulling 606 rwhp with a 2.6" pulley. What would happen with a ported S/C & 2.2" pulley? Hmmm.
Call Stieg. and find out...I would be interested as well. I'm guessing you would like the outcome.:roller:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Call Stieg. and find out...I would be interested as well. I'm guessing you would like the outcome.:roller:
Just posted the question on their forum. I'll post up the answer as soon as I get it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just posted the question on their forum. I'll post up the answer as soon as I get it.
As much as I like the idea of a whipple or tvs....the amount of time I will use that power is next to nil especially without their being a really nice wide d/r out there...traction is a definite issue. This might be a good compromise for me power wise. 620 tq. on the street is a LOT lol!!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
620 tq. on the street is a LOT lol!!
Yes, it is. Be prepared to buy new tires. The stock F1s cannot handle that kind of power. I just spin and spin everywhere I go.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Here's what I have so far...

In response to the following post:

"I currently have a 2007 Shelby GT500 with an Evolution Performance Stage 4. (Tune, JLT CAI, 2.6" pulley, 4 lb billet balancer pulley, 160mm mono-blade TB, AR 1.75" LT headers with high-flow catted x-pipe, and 3" Magnaflow cat-back, Steeda heat exchanger, 3.5" aluminum 1-piece DS) I'm pulling 606 rwhp & 617 rwtq.

If I were to go with your ported s/c and 2.2" pulley, how much power gain can I expect?"

Stiegemeier responded: "40 to 50 rwhp"

I then brought up some points about over-revving the S/C with the +10% balancer, and asked him what he thought about that, and what I could expect with just a "Blueprinting & Radiusing, and Blower Case MAX Porting", a service they advertise for $600.

We'll see what he says to that.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's what I have so far...

In response to the following post:

"I currently have a 2007 Shelby GT500 with an Evolution Performance Stage 4. (Tune, JLT CAI, 2.6" pulley, 4 lb billet balancer pulley, 160mm mono-blade TB, AR 1.75" LT headers with high-flow catted x-pipe, and 3" Magnaflow cat-back, Steeda heat exchanger, 3.5" aluminum 1-piece DS) I'm pulling 606 rwhp & 617 rwtq.

If I were to go with your ported s/c and 2.2" pulley, how much power gain can I expect?"

Stiegemeier responded: "40 to 50 rwhp"

I then brought up some points about over-revving the S/C with the +10% balancer, and asked him what he thought about that, and what I could expect with just a "Blueprinting & Radiusing, and Blower Case MAX Porting", a service they advertise for $600.

We'll see what he says to that.
Sounds good...what's the purpose of the blueprinting and radiusing? So unless you ask for MAX porting you only get normal porting lol??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts