Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
True, what was I thinking. Might be a tad bit dangerous to try that.
All good. I like the direction you were thinking though and I try to think ahead like that also. Luckily I think I can do this by jacking up the rear of the car which is a lot less of a pain than the front if I have to get back under it again after a test drive.

·
Registered
2009 Shelby GT500 Vista Blue/White Stripes
398 Posts
Awesome! I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a set. Did you use any type of shim between the screw and pinch rail? I think I saw someone mention they used a piece of copper to keep the screw from taking off the pinch rail paint.
I did not use any shim although I suppose you could. There is ample room to put a fairly thick one.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I wanted to update my thread and report that I changed the reverse lockout solenoid on the transmission this weekend and now the shifter doesn't go too far right and shifts properly! ? When I removed the factory solenoid I noticed the "plunger" could be pushed in but on the replacement you could not push the "plunger" in.

For anyone needing this information in the future, the Ford part # is AR3Z-7K187-A I called my local Ford dealer and they quoted me $108 over the phone. I was doing some surfing around on the web for the part and found the same part number at my local dealer for $72, yeah the one that quoted me $108 so make sure to shop around and buy online!!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,676 Posts
I wanted to update my thread and report that I changed the reverse lockout solenoid on the transmission this weekend and now the shifter doesn't go too far right and shifts properly! ? When I removed the factory solenoid I noticed the "plunger" could be pushed in but on the replacement you could not push the "plunger" in.

For anyone needing this information in the future, the Ford part # is AR3Z-7K187-A I called my local Ford dealer and they quoted me $108 over the phone. I was doing some surfing around on the web for the part and found the same part number at my local dealer for $72, yeah the one that quoted me $108 so make sure to shop around and buy online!!
Thanks for the conclusion info and part number to help your fellow forum members! ?

Glad you got it fixed!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks for the conclusion info and part number to help your fellow forum members! ?

Glad you got it fixed!
No problem! Hopefully if someone has the same problem I had this will help them diagnose and know what part to get. One word of warning, it could also be in the wiring so that is something to check if someone replaces the solenoid and still have the problem.

I'm glad I got it fixed also. It feels great to have a properly shifting transmission and not have to worry about going into the wrong gear.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Awesome. I would also say that if you don't mind adding a few pounds to the car I'd really support the idea of full length jacking rails for working on cars at the house. I became a believer after buying them for my GT350.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Awesome. I would also say that if you don't mind adding a few pounds to the car I'd really support the idea of full length jacking rails for working on cars at the house. I became a believer after buying them for my GT350.
I bought the jacking pads that others in the thread mentioned but am waiting on Amazon to deliver them. I guess everything is behind due to the Corona.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts