Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to my dealer this afternoon, they said they have an unfilled allocation that they will sell to me at 5k over sticker. I am thinking about waiting until summer to see if things get any better. He said they have a few people who want one, just waiting for someone to put money down to get it ordered. What are others getting for price on their cars... Guess if you want to play you have to pay!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,059 Posts
Talked to my dealer this afternoon, they said they have an unfilled allocation that they will sell to me at 5k over sticker. I am thinking about waiting until summer to see if things get any better. He said they have a few people who want one, just waiting for someone to put money down to get it ordered. What are others getting for price on their cars... Guess if you want to play you have to pay!
If I were you and trying to secure a car at this point, I’d jump all over that $5k ADM. It’s rare to come across a dealer with that low of a markup. There were some MSRP deals very early on (back in July), but I haven’t seen any in months. I don’t think prices will get better next year either... maybe late 2020 going into the winter for the 2021 MY.

Most markups I see now are $10-15k with quite a few much higher.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
ADM exists because the buying public is willing to give a dealership " extra " money, for a product in short supply.
If your lifestyle allows you to give someone 5K .................FOR NOTHING,..............go for it..

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,059 Posts
ADM exists because the buying public is willing to give a dealership " extra " money, for a product in short supply.
If your lifestyle allows you to give someone 5K .................FOR NOTHING,..............go for it..
While I mostly agree with this Don, it is not paying $5k “for nothing.” It is paying $5k to secure a 2020 GT500. Obviously given a choice of MSRP or ADM, everyone would chose MSRP, but like I said above... the MSRP ship has sailed.

The question then becomes: do you want a 2020 enough to pay the ransom? $5k is the lowest markup I’ve seen in awhile. If I was trying to land a 2020 at this point, I’d be all over the $5k markup.

It’s a “pay to play.” Do you want to play?

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
IMHO I'd wait as well (as I'm doing) for the next year's production that will have more power, tweaks and fixes implemented - not to mention no ADM to boot. :cool: I'm sure we've all learned from the past that first year production cars are the manufacturer's public R&D. The new GT500 is a really super nice platform and could be the last of its kind!

You could also wait for the ones that have very few miles on one that the owner decided to go a different route after owning a 2020 for a few months (no ADM).

The 2020 is truly awesome!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He told me that they normally put 10k on, guess he is talking about the GT350s and that 5k is a deal. Too bad that its come to this, extra greed thing. Sure they are making plenty at full sticker from Ford. I am going to drive the Hellcat next spring/summer then pull the trigger once my lease is up in the falll. Looks like mine will be a 2021, just have to wait and enjoy pictures of those who got them ahead!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,059 Posts
He told me that they normally put 10k on, guess he is talking about the GT350s and that 5k is a deal. Too bad that its come to this, extra greed thing. Sure they are making plenty at full sticker from Ford. I am going to drive the Hellcat next spring/summer then pull the trigger once my lease is up in the falll. Looks like mine will be a 2021, just have to wait and enjoy pictures of those who got them ahead!
Are you saying they are not offering $5k over for a 2020 GT500, but rather a 2020 GT350...?

I honestly don’t think the ADM game will get better next year. The more that these cars get into customer hands, the more hype will spread that they are truly a supercar. This will add fuel to the ADM bs for next year as well. I do agree that some used cars will come up for sale during 2020 though... we shall see how high prices for used examples will be.

As for the 1st year of any new model having glitches/issues... I would normally agree with this, however, Ford has had a crap ton of time to design and test this new beast. Also, I saw these cars getting beat-on all damn day at the strip and road course track. This was one day of a 2-week event that saw people from a wide variety go to Vegas and drive/abuse the cars like they stole them. I saw zero issues and the helpers that were working the entire event said they hadn’t seen any issues either.

I think Ford nailed-it with this first year run. We shall see if any issues arise when these cars get delivered in-mass, but I’m thinking a stock car is quite bulletproof.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think this would be their first GT500 sold, think what he was getting at is they normally add 10k to the GT350s so would do the same with the 500 and he is doing me a favor for only adding 5k on the GT500. Some say what on a first year car but I have always had excellent Ford products, with the technology today I would not have a problem getting the first one.

·
Premium Member
6,529 Posts
I'm usually not shy buying first year because of quirks or problems.. I'm usually more shy about the "better/improved" stuff and options and colors and wheels and and and that always sprinkle-in with the ensuing years.

That said, I can't imagine what else Ford could toss at this sucker to improve it... Well, other than better colors.. It's a pretty sad scenario when I draw the conclusion that an all-white car is the most attractive choice ;) LOL

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I think the $5k isn't too bad based on some of the other crazy mark ups that have been posted. As for waiting for the next year. Makes sense if you think they will make changes. I have a 2014 and from what I can tell it is almost identical to the 2013. In fact when I search for 2014 stuff I get results for 2013. So probably the same car with a different last digit. I might not know what my differences are, but I would love to have a 2020 even if it was only $5k over. but one of these in the base model is more than I make in a year plus, soooooo the 2014 is the jam for me!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the $5k isn't too bad based on some of the other crazy mark ups that have been posted. As for waiting for the next year. Makes sense if you think they will make changes. I have a 2014 and from what I can tell it is almost identical to the 2013. In fact when I search for 2014 stuff I get results for 2013. So probably the same car with a different last digit. I might not know what my differences are, but I would love to have a 2020 even if it was only $5k over. but one of these in the base model is more than I make in a year plus, soooooo the 2014 is the jam for me!
Loved my 2014, the motor was a total beast! Prices sure have gone up though, my car was about $60k new and the new GT with options I want is almost $80k. plus extra markup.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,059 Posts
Think this would be their first GT500 sold, think what he was getting at is they normally add 10k to the GT350s so would do the same with the 500 and he is doing me a favor for only adding 5k on the GT500. Some say what on a first year car but I have always had excellent Ford products, with the technology today I would not have a problem getting the first one.
If you decide to pass on the $5k ADM deal, please post info about the dealer on the forum here. I’m sure another member would be happy to secure this deal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to all for the input, talking with him again next week. In reading his earlier email he said he has an unfilled allocation from a locator company? Does that mean he does not have the ability to order direct from Ford? They are an excellent dealer that we have bought cars from for over 34 years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts