Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the 50 Year Shelby Alcoa Wheels 2007-2014 worth. I have a brand new set that I am thinking about selling.
Thanks
Earl

This is what they look like, mine are new in the box and have never had tires mounted and they come with the CS center caps.

Shelby alcoa 20x9 rims.jpg

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,830 Posts
If I’m not mistaken Earl, they typically go about $1k per wheel. Sometimes a little more. Sometimes a little less.

Reactions: Snoopy49

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
What are the 50 Year Shelby Alcoa Wheels 2007-2014 worth. I have a brand new set that I am thinking about selling.
Thanks
Earl

This is what they look like, mine are new in the box and have never had tires mounted and they come with the CS center caps.

View attachment 196534

I've sold two sets of these over the years and 5 singles and have 5 wheels left that I kept for my SHELBY, 3 20x9 and 2 20 x10.
One set I sold was a new set and they were the same as yours, the Fifty Years Set and I sold them in 2016 for 5500 Shipped. The other set was used, but in excellent condition, zero rash and shiny and those sold for 4K.
All of the other wheels I have sold were singles and ranged from 700-1000 per, depending on condition.

If you really want to maximize your return, sell them separately , it is extraordinary the number of GT500 Owners that curb their wheels and these Alcoas cannot be repaired due to their Dura-Brite finish so they must be replaced creating a robust market for single wheels and sell the caps separately too. Many that wreck their Alcoas get them fixed and then Powdercoated Black due to Alcoa's Proprietary Dura-Brite Finish cannot be duplicated.

A quick search on ebay produced a Clown selling a bunch of damaged wheels for 4K SHELBY ALCOA 20 inch GT500 WHEELS LIMITED EDITION | eBay so I think it is reasonable that a brand new set, which is very rare now, should command $5000+ if you included the Caps, as long as they are 20 x 9F and 20 x 10R.

There are ZERO new wheels for sale, so you may be able to get $1200 for the F and $1500 for a Rear and the Caps go for up to $150 each or $450 for a set.

In terms of Value the Super Snake Branded Wheels are the Rarest and Most Valuable, with the Alcoa Originals next and last, the Fifty Years.

USPS will also accept the wheels for shipment if you have the original boxes, if you want to double-box you'll have to ship UPS and the cost is more than double.

Good Look, that set you have is Valuable!

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine came double boxed from Shelby. Do you think that will be a problem with USPS?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Mine came double boxed from Shelby. Do you think that will be a problem with USPS?

Yes...the double box will NOT be excepted by USPS.

USPS will only take the Box the wheel is in, the double box exceeds their size restrictions.
I have shipped wheels in just the single box with significant modifications (noted below) to insure the wheel arrives undamaged.

• Take the wheel out and put thin foam along the outer edge of the wheel
  • Shrink wrap the entire wheel.
  • cover the wheel again in thin foam and put back in the box, it will still fit in the thick foam supports for the wheel in the Alcoa box.
  • Fill the box with Styrofoam Peanuts
  • Tape the box shut
  • Shrink Wrap the Entire Box
  • Then put Gorilla Tape on all the corners of the Box and then wrap the box once all the way around with one complete
line of Gorilla Tape and then do the same line of tape horizontally, the box will look like it has a Black Plus+Sign on it with the Tape with the Corners tapes as well
  • Shrink Wrap the entire box again and then tape it up well with just regular packing tape
  • Tape on your shipping label, insure it with Tracking and ship it.
This method will insure your customer gets the wheel with the original box not damaged either.
I have never had an issue shipping single wheels like this.

That said, I have always asked the Buyer how they want the wheels shipped, and let them decide and pay for it.
I had one guy in NJ that curbed a wheel and had a car show coming up and wanted his Front wheel, shipped doubleboxed and UPS Expedited so he would get it by the weekend. The shipping was $180 for one wheel compared to the cost of USPS single box of around $50-$65 depending on where it's going.

I also never ship anything of significant Value unless it is paid for with an EMT or with a PayPal Gift, any other form of PayPal exposes you to getting THE SHAFT as PayPal always sides with the Buyer when a Claim is filed and the buyer can open a claim for whatever reason.

Hope this helps...

GLWTS

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes...the double box will NOT be excepted by USPS.
Thanks for the instructions, they will definitely help. How you every tried Craigslist for the wheels?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Thanks for the instructions, they will definitely help. How you every tried Craigslist for the wheels?

No, have only sold them on my Local Mustang Board and eBay.

Nice thing about Craigslist is you may find a local buyer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been looking for a set of these and it hasn’t been easy to find!
all the ones I have found are either damaged, not a complete set, or are all four 9” wide.

if you have already sold these or know where I might find another set please let me know!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks
Earl

View attachment 196534
Earl, Are these Wheels still available?? If so, I would be interested in them. Thank You. Tim..

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,830 Posts
Earl, Are these Wheels still available?? If so, I would be interested in them. Thank You. Tim..
Welcome to the forum Tim!

If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry for reviving a bit of an older thread, but seems like several Alcoa experts are already here (y)

I have 2 sets of Alcoa's for my 08 Super Snake (both are 20x9 plus 20x10). Planning to sell one complete set but unsure of value difference. One set was taken off the car when new. They are the Super Snake version with original P-Zero tires still mounted from 08.

The other set just says SHELBY FORGED on them, and those have BFG G-Force T/As mounted on them (from 08 as well). Only 2200 miles on the car and the wheels are in essentially new condition.

I have a buyer interested in the Super Snake version already. But I'm tempted to keep those and sell the others unless there is a huge value difference. Any ideas on relative value of the two sets?

·
Registered
207 Posts
From what I have observed over the last couple years - I would put it this way:
  • GT500KR - $
  • FIFTY YEAR - $$
  • SHELBY FORGED - $$$
  • SUPER SNAKE - $$$$
I would be inclined to keep the Super Snakes and sell the Shelby Forged.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good to know, thanks. I wasn’t sure where the just Shelby Forged set would land. If they’re 3rd out of 4 then the actual dollar amount can’t be too much. If anybody is in the MA area and is interested keep an eye out for my ad soon.

Reactions: gaindian

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sorry - that's not what I meant. The $ was to show what they are worth - the KR's being the cheapest and the Super Snake's being the most expensive. So the Shelby Forged land right below the Super Snake's since they are the first generation wheel set. However, the 50 Year sets can be sometimes as much as the Shelby Forged sets. It all depends on the seller, condition, and what the buyer is willing to pay.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Understood. I know you meant 3rd most expensive of the 4 variants. My point was that I should be able to sell them for similar price, not too far off from the Super Snakes. If I had GT500KR variants for example the price difference would be higher between my two sets.

Now to determine a fair value for the Shelby Forged set.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My Shelby Forged set is listed in the for sale section for anybody interested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts