Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2022 on order. Grabber Blue. White vinyl. Black roof. Handling package. Non CFTP. VIN 1619
30 Posts
MY GAWD!!! Mine was "produced" and awaiting shipment yesterday!! I called Ford Performance an hour ago and he said that it was released for shipment today. Then he added, "I hope that it wasn't released to one of the bandits."

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MY GAWD!!! Mine was "produced" and awaiting shipment yesterday!! I called Ford Performance an hour ago and he said that it was released for shipment today. Then he added, "I hope that it wasn't released to one of the bandits."
🤣🤣🤣🤣 Nooooooo, they didn’t actually say that, did they???? I looked closely at the pics to make sure my color/stripe combo wasn’t one of them….just in case. Mine was released for shipment today too.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
1,031 Posts
So what happens to these cars that are recovered? Still try and sell them?
I found Manufacturer Buyback that Ford uses for buybacks and factory damaged/repaired vehicles. They will likely end up at one of their dealers like this.

Reactions: GTabusa

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Since it was never owned by anyone, it would just say sold at auction by Ford Motor Company. You would presume it was a fleet car or a vehicle that was used for journalist. Although the one with heavy damage may end up being crushed if it is substantial.
yep, imo giant Loophole That someone down the line will be taken advantage of. NOW, ”just” being stolen is way better off than some car getting hit/damaged/blown up etc and then going to auction.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
1,031 Posts
Do you think there would be some notation on carfax report?
Yes on that website I linked they had a Super Snake buyback that was lemon lawed twice!! The Carfax had all the information on it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
yep, imo giant Loophole That someone down the line will be taken advantage of. NOW, ”just” being stolen is way better off than some car getting hit/damaged/blown up etc and then going to auction.
I disagree. It’s going to auction, and will be sold as used, same as the PP cars. No one will mistake this vehicle as a new car.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
603 Posts
You’d think they would carry at least 5 gallons of gas with them. Might be able to at least make it around the block then. I don’t think I‘ve ever seen a new ford with more than 25 miles to empty when it was delivered. Doubt these guys were mental heavyweights. Lol

1 - 20 of 63 Posts