Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
42,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
9,004 Posts
People don't remember, but 2009 was a tumultuous year in the auto industry. The stock market tanked, gasoline prices were at an all time high, the subprime mortgage industry collapsed, bank failures, Obama's cash for clunkers .... human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
42,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
People don't remember, but 2009 was a tumultuous year in the auto industry. The stock market tanked, gasoline prices were at an all time high, the subprime mortgage industry collapsed, bank failures, Obama's cash for clunkers .... human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.
Early morning humor John…? 😜

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
After looking at the one post above it seems that the CFTP cars out sell the base by A LOT! IMO for guys thinking about long term if those numbers are true it seems like the base model might have a chance at being a survivor type/more valuable car after all of the wrecks etc over the years. The reason Why some lambos etc start to go up after 10yrs just due to what’s left of the crop.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
42,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After looking at the one post above it seems that the CFTP cars out sell the base by A LOT! IMO for guys thinking about long term if those numbers are true it seems like the base model might have a chance at being a survivor type/more valuable car after all of the wrecks etc over the years. The reason Why some lambos etc start to go up after 10yrs just due to what’s left of the crop.
CFTP cars account for roughly 1/5th of the GT500s built. There are quite a bit more base models than CFTPs.

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
9,004 Posts
Related question: why are VIN #s smaller than chassis #s?
If you look at the 2021 Registry thread, they go in both directions. It's because VINs are assigned as received and Chassis nos. are assigned as the cars are built. There are different priorities. My car was initially ordered for dealer stock, which is a lower priority than if I had been involved at the time the order was entered.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,162 Posts
I liked it too --- didn't beat the first one, but sure beat the last one lol.
If you're referring to the most recent, and not Ghostbusters 2, then I agree, but I wouldn't see that one if it was the last movie available.

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
1,213 Posts
If you're referring to the most recent, and not Ghostbusters 2, then I agree, but I wouldn't see that one if it was the last movie available.
Heh yeah I was referring to the most recent.... I gave it a try and was heavily disappointed. The new movie ignores that one too haha

Reactions: Hawkeye
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.