Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2020 "Loaner" GT500 Shelby & '69 Mach1. 2021 on order
84 Posts
Right - I had the one door changed to go tight against the wall and ceiling. Replaced the opener with a side jack model.

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
743 Posts
Right - I had the one door changed to go tight against the wall and ceiling. Replaced the opener with a side jack model.
Gotcha --- that makes sense.
I actually only became aware of the side opener style recently.

·
Super Moderator
5,228 Posts
+1 for coated floor with 4-post lift not bolted down and zero problems. I'm also in the Direct-Lift camp, since they offered the most "bang-for-the-buck" when I bought about three years ago.
X2 on this, sans coated floor

Reactions: Norton

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Triple Black
1,524 Posts
How does the garage door work in that configuration?
It might be the angle, but it looks like the door in the bay beside the lift is lower than the top of the car.

My garage isn't anywhere tall enough to do something like this, but the door always killed any dreams of doing it.
Garage door must be lifted to inches below ceiling height which, in my experience, must be at least 10 feet to stack cars (higher for trucks and SUVs). Opener is converted to jackshaft design, like the Liftmaster 8500W.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 PP
556 Posts
I'm using a Bendpak HD9 with a rolling jack and very satisfied. I also converted to the Liftmaster jackshaft opener and had the tracks raised on my lift. Both well worth it.

Tom

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
743 Posts
Garage door must be lifted to inches below ceiling height which, in my experience, must be at least 10 feet to stack cars (higher for trucks and SUVs). Opener is converted to jackshaft design, like the Liftmaster 8500W.
View attachment 216029
Looks like also -- the taller ceiling means the rails don't have to come back as far either --- mine reach almost to the center of my garage - but my ceiling is only about 8 ft.

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Triple Black
1,524 Posts
Looks like also -- the taller ceiling means the rails don't have to come back as far either --- mine reach almost to the center of my garage - but my ceiling is only about 8 ft.
Exactly right. The lower half of the door remains vertical, against the (higher) wall above the opening. Note the legacy mounting bracket I haven't yet removed from my ceiling, that sits as far back as the door USED TO go when raised.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys just got my garage floor epoxy with a flake in it and the guys that installed it did a great job. They did cover up the joints so that I have a seamless floor now. My car is on order and probably going to be awhile before I get it so I’m looking at purchasing a 4 post lift so that I can park either my truck underneath or suv. I had originally thought to get Bendpak and now I’m leaning towards challenger. Anyone have any thoughts in regards to either brand? Also anyone ever installed a 4 post on these types of floors? My concrete specs definitely meet the requirements. Here are some pictures. Thanks
i had done it my self scrub floor with muratic acid first to get cement clean been 13 year still look good inclosed garage
i did it on a patio and it start to flake off in the weather sun, some rain i also installed a 4-post car lift bendpak the same time i just change the hyd hose on it had a leak that all i did to it in 13 years works great

·
Registered
11 Posts
i had done it my self scrub floor with muratic acid first to get cement clean been 13 year still look good inclosed garage
i did it on a patio and it start to flake off in the weather sun, some rain i also installed a 4-post car lift bendpak the same time i just change the hyd hose on it had a leak that all i did to it in 13 years works great
i had any other mustang under it mine you could not it fit a truck or suv on top you can if you have the clearance to ceiling

·
Registered
2011 GT500, 2011 SS Camero, 2013 427 Corvette, 207 430 Ferrari, 2016 Corvette, 1986 Mercedes 560SL,
51 Posts
Beautiful floor! Good luck with your lift! I have a pair of Back Yard Buddies, one solid decking, one with sliding Jack stands for tire or break work. They also lift themselves up on casters if you want to move them. I liked the security of running up the outside of the arms and Made in the USA construction.
Here’s a couple of shots of my “wide open” garages!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
i had also got the wheel kit so i could move the 4- post lift when needed , i have never secured mine to cement floor
never had any problem with it not being secured down to floor

·
Registered
2011 GT500, 2011 SS Camero, 2013 427 Corvette, 207 430 Ferrari, 2016 Corvette, 1986 Mercedes 560SL,
51 Posts
i had also got the wheel kit so i could move the 4- post lift when needed , i have never secured mine to cement floor
never had any problem with it not being secured down to floor
I suppose it depends on the brand and mode. I did some research before purchasing mine, they were made to order not stocked. They were drop shipped to Reliable Hydraulics who brought them out with two trucks and a fork lift and installed them. No need to shoot them into floor base of each leg is sufficient. They have performed flawlessly for last decade now. Only problem is getting my Corvettes up because they sit so low. They can be backed on, or I use extended ramps for a normal straight in installatio.

·
Premium Member
2012 Kona Blue SVTPP GT500
255 Posts
Just to jump in, I've never attached mine to the floor in the 14-15 years I've had mine (Direct Lift). I have moved it around a few times with the wheel kit (has the poly coating on wheels) and was super easy to move even with a car on it. Very nice to have even if only using it once in a while.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,658 Posts
Reactions: MadMax81

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,357 Posts
Very nice. Go Cats! My son will be a sophomore this fall.

Reactions: MadMax81
21 - 40 of 49 Posts