Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just got my garage floor epoxy with a flake in it and the guys that installed it did a great job. They did cover up the joints so that I have a seamless floor now. My car is on order and probably going to be awhile before I get it so I’m looking at purchasing a 4 post lift so that I can park either my truck underneath or suv. I had originally thought to get Bendpak and now I’m leaning towards challenger. Anyone have any thoughts in regards to either brand? Also anyone ever installed a 4 post on these types of floors? My concrete specs definitely meet the requirements. Here are some pictures. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
'21 GT500 Shelby & '69 Mach1
130 Posts
My garage is a painted floor so the lift installer recommended we anchor one bolt into the concrete floor on each post to prevent slippage. We just drilled a hole and dropped a anchor bolt in. Can pull them up if needed. Reason was he's seen two cars blip the pedal while pulling on and shoot the lift backwards. Crazy but he showed me a pics of 911GT that did just that and pushed the lift 3 ft back into the door frame and the car front wheels smacked the front stops. Lift and car were fine but I bet some shorts needed changing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My garage is a painted floor so the lift installer recommended we anchor one bolt into the concrete floor on each post to prevent slippage. We just drilled a hole and dropped a anchor bolt in. Can pull them up if needed. Reason was he's seen two cars blip the pedal while pulling on and shoot the lift backwards. Crazy but he showed me a pics of 911GT that did just that and pushed the lift 3 ft back into the door frame and the car front wheels smacked the front stops. Lift and car were fine but I bet some shorts needed changing.
Wow! My shorts would’ve been the same lol. Good point though. I filled out an inquiry with Challenger they are based out of my home state in KY. Just waiting on a call or email from them to discuss further.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
33,716 Posts
The floor looks fabulous!

I have three Bendpak lifts and love them. I did not bolt my 4-post lifts down, but I did put thin rubber no-slip matting down under each column...mainly to protect the floor, but it also helps prevent any movement. My lifts have not moved.

·
Registered
2013 GT500 SVTPP w/TP
27 Posts
I had the same project (floor and 4 post lift) as you about 2 months ago, and ended up going with Atlas 8k - narrow yet functional enough for my typical 2 car garage, plus ALI certified. Not bolted in the ground either. I also got the wheel casters (so that I can move it as/if needed) and the RJ35 rolling jack to facilitate wheel/suspension work on a 4 post lift.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
6,087 Posts
I had the epoxy floor and a four post lift for two years without any 'anchor' and it never moved. The lift also came with the 'casters' to move it if needed. Note that if it is set up for one location and then moved you may possibly need to re adjust a post or two so that the Locks will all engage at the same level. It is easy enough to do.
It was moved/relocated into the new garage and have no real need to move it, I too like Tim, placed thin rubber matt's under the post legs just to assure it wouldn't want to walk on me. It has now been in it's place for four years without any anchor without issue and I do use my lift a lot. Porsches, Shelby, Jeeps and the F150 4x4 have all been up on it.

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Triple Black
1,539 Posts
+1 for coated floor with 4-post lift not bolted down and zero problems. I'm also in the Direct-Lift camp, since they offered the most "bang-for-the-buck" when I bought about three years ago.

·
Registered
130 Posts
yep - as an alternate he recommended thin rubber. But I have a slight slant to the floor towards the openings so I liked the drop in bolt idea better.

Trivia: anyone know why there's a slant towards the opening of the door(s)?

·
Premium Member
6,087 Posts
Trivia: anyone know why there's a slant towards the opening of the door(s)?
Uh... duh...

geeze everyone knows that.... so it is easier to roll the bodies out to bury them !

...and wash the blood out !

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ok so don't go into Ken's garage if invited..... Close....

Here's my lift - seems very similar to the others and also ALI certified. EFP8 - Forward Lift standard with the 4 drip trays, jack stand and caster set.

·
Premium Member
6,087 Posts
Ok so don't go into Ken's garage if UNINVITED....
^^ FIFY

...and BTW, my garage floor is relatively level, no 'slant' toward the door, from the back to the front (doors) is about 65 ft.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Here's my lift - seems very similar to the others and also ALI certified. EFP8 - Forward Lift standard with the 4 drip trays, jack stand and caster set.
I ordered the EFP9 today. I spoke with Challenger this morning and he directed me to a company that was local. The local company suggested the Forward EFP9 and that it was part of the Rotary family. He is supposed to call me tomorrow to setup a time to install it and the lift is already in stock! I'll post up some pictures when I get it installed. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Do you have any issues getting the 500 on this lift with the ramps?

Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
No problems with the heavy ramps that come with the package. I do like the lift. Simple but sturdy. Let me know if you want pics.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No problems with the heavy ramps that come with the package. I do like the lift. Simple but sturdy. Let me know if you want pics.
Sure if you could send me some that would be awesome!

·
Registered
130 Posts
My garage is 11’7” and I have about a foot between the ceiling light and the Mach roof. Simple locking mechanism and easy to operate.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My garage is 11’7” and I have about a foot between the ceiling light and the Mach roof. Simple locking mechanism and easy to operate.
Thank you! Seems like it is simple and I'm way onboard with it being simple to maintain/operate.

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
921 Posts
How does the garage door work in that configuration?
It might be the angle, but it looks like the door in the bay beside the lift is lower than the top of the car.

My garage isn't anywhere tall enough to do something like this, but the door always killed any dreams of doing it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts