Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, currently running 373s and am considering going to 410s. With the 6th gear and 373s, there is not a big, big, big loss. However, is there a considerable loss (i.e. interstate driving) with going to the 410s.

Has anyone tried the 410s and highway driving or know others who have and their impression of going with such a high gear. I would still like to be able to drive 200 miles but not at 4500 rpms all the way though.

Thanks For The Info

flipmo

·
Registered
861 Posts
I seen somewhere on here or another site somebody had a list of what rpm you would be at in each gear with the different gears sets. Please post it here again. Or a link for a calulator.

JJ

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Guys, currently running 373s and am considering going to 410s. With the 6th gear and 373s, there is not a big, big, big loss. However, is there a considerable loss (i.e. interstate driving) with going to the 410s.

Has anyone tried the 410s and highway driving or know others who have and their impression of going with such a high gear. I would still like to be able to drive 200 miles but not at 4500 rpms all the way though.

Thanks For The Info

flipmo
I'm trying to decide on this also. I also want to be able to do road trips without too many rpms.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Guys, go to gear ratios & results. post # 23

ILLEGAL
Kool and I checked it out. Good Stuff. I'll have to debate the Pros and Cons for my particular driving styles. I don't think the 410s will hurt too bad though with the 6th gear being available.

flip

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Sometimes I forget to page back to look for info.:eek:
Hey Bro, don't feel bad. I am the same way. I say to myself often, "Now I know I read that somewhere on here and look for a while", get frustrated, and say, "Hell, well someone else will find it anyway".

Thanks though.

flip

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I ordered my 3:73 s yesterday. I am going to get me a D/ shaft, evo suspension tune. Let the fun begin.

ILLEGAL
I'm leaning to the 3:73's also. Are you going with the Dynotech shaft? (looks like a good one. I am). Are you getting the Evo ultimate package and are you going to have them do it at their shop? (Road trip for you?)

This is fun. Makes me feel 20 years younger:D

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm leaning to the 3:73's also. Are you going with the Dynotech shaft? (looks like a good one. I am). Are you getting the Evo ultimate package and are you going to have them do it at their shop? (Road trip for you?)

This is fun. Makes me feel 20 years younger:D
harley99fb

I have told busa that I am in for the dynotech shaft. I am leaning way right on evos ultimate package. I have not commited yet,wrestling with myself. I do believe this is what I am going after. I have ordered BMR s loop. Trying to be selective.

Tooo far 4 me for the work to be done at Fred,s. I will be doing the work here with some help. I have a Ford shop forman here local he will install ring and pinion. still real undecided which direction I want to pursue as far as power adder.

Cars in General have always excited me. This one does. My little grand daughter will say Poppa can we do a little burnout. That excites me as well.

ILLEGAL

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
harley99fb

I have told busa that I am in for the dynotech shaft. I am leaning way right on evos ultimate package. I have not commited yet,wrestling with myself. I do believe this is what I am going after. I have ordered BMR s loop. Trying to be selective.

Tooo far 4 me for the work to be done at Fred,s. I will be doing the work here with some help. I have a Ford shop forman here local he will install ring and pinion. still real undecided which direction I want to pursue as far as power adder.

Cars in General have always excited me. This one does. My little grand daughter will say Poppa can we do a little burnout. That excites me as well.

ILLEGAL

ILLEGAL

I'm going to get the dynotech drive shaft and store it until spring. The new hood will do it for this year. I too, am struggling on the suspension mods. Over the winter I'll read what some of the other guys are doing and how it works out for them and then decide.

My local dyno shop specializes in Mustangs, so next spring I'll have him do the gear and suspension.

I get a kick out of my Grandchildren also (9 - two sets of twins) when they talk about Pappa and his race car. They love burnouts also. It looks like new tires in the near future.:( :D

Cal

·
Registered
861 Posts
My 2 girls love it when I hit the gas.

This one time we were rolling about 20mph in first gear and I punched it an let off and then punched it again and they were laughing so hard saying "DO IT AGAIN DADDY" The oldest one (9yr) said, "Daddy did we pop a wheelie?"

Oh Yeah, My ole' lady was in the front see and she was on the phone and she just gave me THE LOOK and said, "What was that for?"

I responed with, "Because I can!" And laughed:D :D :D :D

The girls kept wanting me to do it again.

JJ

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh I can't resist this one. Check this out as I knew I had a spy in the family (my daughter). On the other hand, my 6-year old son loves speed like crazy and loves to go riding with me. All the same time, I was hesitant to take my daughter on a cruise. Additionally, the Mrs. hates it when I go hot-dogging (fast).

Well, I decided to take my daughter one day and of course I'm driving the crap out of the Shelby. Hard launches spinning the tires and hitting the interstate (a certain known curvy section) where on a very dry day you can feel the car hold the corner. Well, expectating the worse, as soon as we get in the door my daughter says, "Mom, Dad scared the begeebeez out of me." Mrs. replies, "$%&@@ &(#*#() !^@&#(+_)(*^%$#. Let's just say I didn't get any that night.

So, my daughter hasn't gone back riding because she knows I'm going to punch it and dump the clutch profusely, while for my son he just can't get enough. Amongst the men (me and my son) there is a code-of-conduct!:D

flipmo

·
Registered
301 Posts
Our code of conduct is in place as well. When she was young she blurted it out one day in front of others. Later when in the car headed home we talked about our little secret. She loves it. This one lives with us full time, so she gets the front seat whenever the 3 (wife) of us take a ride. Never mentions it publicly any more.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts

Thanks For The Info

flipmo
4.10 Gears, Ultimate Suspension Package and 3.5" EVO Spec Dynotech Driveshaft, call 610-485-3596.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
My 2 girls love it when I hit the gas.

This one time we were rolling about 20mph in first gear and I punched it an let off and then punched it again and they were laughing so hard saying "DO IT AGAIN DADDY" The oldest one (9yr) said, "Daddy did we pop a wheelie?"

Oh Yeah, My ole' lady was in the front see and she was on the phone and she just gave me THE LOOK and said, "What was that for?"

I responed with, "Because I can!" And laughed:D :D :D :D

The girls kept wanting me to do it again.

JJ
Sometimes their idea of fun is alittle different than ours.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts