Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Homer, Alaska -- interesting location for a Super Snake! @KodiakMustang Mike, made me think of you on Kodiak prior to your move. Not sure there are many Shelbys in AK.

Wonder what this will go for. Whoever buys it has to be thinking shipping is going to be a pretty sizable extra expense.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Will be curious to see what Mike has to say about this. I recall him saying someone had sent their car to have the SS package added.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,514 Posts
Homer, Alaska -- interesting location for a Super Snake! @KodiakMustang Mike, made me think of you on Kodiak prior to your move. Not sure there are many Shelbys in AK.

Wonder what this will go for. Whoever buys it has to be thinking shipping is going to be a pretty sizable extra expense.

Will be curious to see what Mike has to say about this. I recall him saying someone had sent their car to have the SS package added.
Not the same SS I knew when I was in Kodiak. That car was owned by a guy in Kodiak who has since moved to Texas with his car in tow. That car was a gray 2011 too. And yeah, getting that car to the lower 48 won't be too cheap. I took a week to drive basically from Homer to Nampa, ID. It's about a 3,000 mile trek by road, or a person can pay for the car's transport by ocean, which would certainly run a few thousand dollars getting the car to Seattle. Best option for this seller is to find someone in Alaska to buy it. There is actually a lot of great driving opportunities out of Anchorage heading towards Homer, Seward, Valdez, or Fairbanks. Looks like this owner lives off a gravel road, which kinda sucks. Been there, done that. The driving season up there is shorter than most enjoy down here.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Registered
'21 GT500 Shelby & '69 Mach1
129 Posts
Juneau in the mid / late 70's was a booming time with lots of construction. All the young hammer swingers would head to the Seattle area and buy nice muscle cars and 4x4's. It was a big deal to drive your hot rod around during the better weather summer days. Next door neighbor had the sweetest '71 Lime Green 'Cuda. A convertible no less - in AK.

·
Super Moderator
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Juneau in the mid / late 70's was a booming time with lots of construction. All the young hammer swingers would head to the Seattle area and buy nice muscle cars and 4x4's. It was a big deal to drive your hot rod around during the better weather summer days. Next door neighbor had the sweetest '71 Lime Green 'Cuda. A convertible no less - in AK.
That's cool. Interesting history -- I'd have never thunk that. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,514 Posts
Sounds somewhat similar to the stories from when fishing $$ were incredible. Some of the guys I worked with in Kodiak were involved in the massive paydays from big fishing hauls. Cars and trucks were cool, and some took to the partying scene far too heavily with both drugs and alcohol. They were younger and having so much disposable income (as they saw it) was just too much temptation to resist. When we'd talk about those days, they'd shake their heads and imagine how well off they could be if they'd been smarter with their money. Unfortunately, we lost one of them to cancer recently. Will never know if it was related to the abuse he put his body through or not. He was such a fun and very loyal friend to so many people, and he owned a new Challenger at the same time that I bought my Shelby. We enjoyed the typical Ford vs Dodge banter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts