Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT 500 Twister Orange with black stripes
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an ability to swamp out springs only to drop ride height by 3/4" to eat some of the wheel gap? I know you cant go more than that with out bottoming out the struts/shocks. Not sure if its possible or offered. I did that on my Audi S3 and it works well. Just needed to realign. If someone makes a kit, please advise.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,412 Posts
Is there an ability to swamp out springs only to drop ride height by 3/4" to eat some of the wheel gap? I know you cant go more than that with out bottoming out the struts/shocks. Not sure if its possible or offered. I did that on my Audi S3 and it works well. Just needed to realign. If someone makes a kit, please advise.
Quite a few base owners have swapped to CFTP springs, which are a tick more than 1/2” lower.

Reactions: GT500FREAK

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,412 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
8,767 Posts
MSS has a spring set that is adjustable. Shelby installs these on the SE and KR. I bought a set, but have only done the rear so far.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

I may raise it just a bit from where it sits now.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called steeda and they told me they don’t offer a kit because of the mag ride. They said if you lowered it more than 1/4 inch it can hit the bump stop and throw an error code. Cat, you are very Knowledgeable on these cars, are they blowing smoke or am I missing something ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
8,767 Posts
I haven't seen a code on mine, and the first time I've ever heard that. I was under the impression these Steeda springs were made for magnaride and work on the GT500.

However, they are said to lower it 1". They also have a more aggressive set that says it lowers it 3/4". They may be on the stiff side.

·
Premium Member
8,767 Posts
Are these them?

In the description it says for off road use only not for street. Why would that be?
I think that disclaimer comes up on anything on Lethal's website.

·
Premium Member
8,767 Posts
The steeda tech told me the issue was specially regarding GT500 not S550
Don't know, but they list list both sets of springs under the 2020-2022 GT500 application tab on their website. Might try another tech and see if the story changes.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
1,338 Posts
I put CFTP springs on mine and have zero issues. In fact I’m wanting to go lower so I have a set of BMR springs arriving today. Like Goose said the CFTP springs are around 1/2 to 5/8” drop. BMR is closer to 1” and their spring rates are pretty close to CFTP.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
1,338 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Antimatter Blue
135 Posts
OP, What in world are you talking about? Steeda offers 3/4" and 1" drop springs. There's no way you talked to Steeda and they told you any of that. The springs are right on their website and every sales guy knows it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OP, What in world are you talking about? Steeda offers 3/4" and 1" drop springs. There's no way you talked to Steeda and they told you any of that. The springs are right on their website and every sales guy knows it.
You’re right , I am making up that I spoke to a tech at Steeda because I have nothing else better to do than make fictitious posts.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'd love to hear from someone who has the Steeda kit installed in t heir GT500. Whats the exact drop and do they get any codes or issues with suspension bottoming out?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts