Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check it out. Three GT500s available on Ebay right now from dealerships. Bid what you're willing to pay over MSRP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not really "stupid", some people actually have enough money that it just doesn't matter to them. It is harder for those of us who don't have that kind of cash to fathom. :)

VenomSnake said:
Anybody stupid enough to pay over msrp,get what they deserve!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
4 - 2007 GT500s on ebay. Some of these people are going to as much as 25K over MSRP! This is going to have a huge inpact on what price my dealership gives to me. I'd be pissed if one of these dealerships was one where I was on a list. This really sucks for any average Joe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: New one on ebay says they've ordered already

hmmmm...

That one has a stripe kit ordered on a convertible. I thought they didn't offer stripes on the 'vert???

Also, that's the first I've seen of a red interior... did I miss that somewhere? I thought the interior was either black or black with red inserts. ???

NemesisTG said:
Is this possible? Looks official with the order codes and all. More than likely a scam.

You be the judge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: New one on ebay says they've ordered already

Well, they say they have ordered it already, my dealer says there is no way they ordered it because Ford isn't taking orders yet. It is possible the "red seats" they describe are the red inserted seats. I also read the stripe kit was not an option on the verts.... So who knows. I guess calling them and asking them how they were able to order it when no one else can would be the easiest way to figure it out.

All I know is it is very depressing to see all these big numbers for amount over MSRP, looks like I will remain Shelbyless. :mad:

BlueOval said:
hmmmm...

That one has a stripe kit ordered on a convertible. I thought they didn't offer stripes on the 'vert???

Also, that's the first I've seen of a red interior... did I miss that somewhere? I thought the interior was either black or black with red inserts. ???

·
Registered
23 Posts
These Are The Assholes That I Ordered My Gt500 From.:mad: I Was Told Sticker
Price On 3-30-05. Now They Say "market Value" They Can't Be Trusted.:mad: No
Dealers Have Ordered Yet. Stripes Aren't An Option On Verts. Red Inserts
Are The Only Option To My Knowledge( Which Is Usually Better Than What The Salesman Knows).:confused: I Would Be Very Leery Of These People. I Am Currently Working With Another Dealer Who Still Has Not Committed Their Allotment. Also, This Dealer Thay Says They Have Already Ordered Has Taken 31 Deposits From Customers So Far I Doubt That They Can Fill Them. If I Sound Bitter It Is Because I Am.:mad: I Will Advise Ford After This Car, I Will Buy Chevys, Toyotas, Nissans, Bmws, Etc. But No Fords After This One Thanks To The Dishonest Dealer Network.

·
Registered
32 Posts
2005roush I left the ebay seller a e-mail saying stop scamming pepole and get a real job!!! If we all put our two sence to these stupid pepole who ever they are[ dealers]and complain to ford!!!just to let them know we are here and not stupid !!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I sent an email to Ford about the price issue this is what they wrote back....
"Dear Tony;
Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center
regarding the price of the GT500.

The Sales Department of your local dealership is in the best position to advise
you of vehicle pricing or availability. Ford and Lincoln-Mercury dealerships
are independently owned and operated and as such, set their own prices for
vehicle sales.
(what crock)
However, Ford Motor Company appreciates hearing from our customers, especially
when customers provide us with valuable ideas and insight. Information of this
nature is collected and used in the decision making process by all departments
of Ford. We sincerely thank you for taking the time to write to us with your
suggestion.

We consider the satisfaction of our customers one of our most important
objectives. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to
contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sincerely,
Anitha
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

·
Registered
32 Posts
Right On Tony0811!!! I Got Another Idea!! If You Could Please Write The E-mail That You Wrote To. And We All Give Our Two Cents To Ford Because If Our Satisfaction Is There Objective?? They Would Do Somthing About This Scamming!!! If Not Im Sure Ford Will Lose Alot Of Custumers!!!and That's No Good Considering That Ford ,gm,dodge Are All Doing Bad!!!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Unfortunately folks, Ford cannot do anything about dealers and their markups (price gouging). That would be price fixing, which is illegal. If Ford actually owned the dealerships, they would have a say in how prices are set, but dealerships are independently owned. Any compaints to Ford are going to get lip-service replies just like the one posted above.

·
Registered
8 Posts
GT500 here you go.... [email protected] ...... Lip service, price fixing, I agree we should all give them our 2 cents. If an Exec from Ford wants to quote prices figures in Magazine Articles then they should be held accountable.... Around 40K is not 10K plus above 40K.... To me it's 45K and below...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Below is a Qand A from a dealer selling on e-bay

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: They're just selling a product. How does the fact that tons of people want to be the first to own a piece of history that will more than likely maintain, and eventually exceed it's current value make the dealer sick??? Sales are always customer driven, and everyone would love to have one of these cars. The dealer sounds like a Mustang lover himself. If I had the money I'd be bidding as well. Are you really upset about the dealer, or just the fact that you can't get your hands on one of these cars?
Mar-09-06

A: Yes, I love mustangs too! I own 14 special ones and paid top dollar for everyone that I had to have, to guarantee it went home with me.

Q: There is no official MSRP? The available colors and paint schemes are still TBD? None of the dealers know how many units they are to receive. And yet people are willing to pay 10-20K over list for these vehicles? This isn't about supply and demand... This is about the dealers finally smelling a winner (which no dealer actually knows about). Just put the sticker at 65K and call it a day.
Mar-08-06

A: Paint and colors have been announced but not MSRP yet. As with MOST vehicles, we aren't usually told how many we are going to get FOR THE ENTIRE MODEL YEAR, IN ADVANCE. Again, this is nothing NEW! True muscle cars brought a premium back in the 60's and 70's. Other cars have commanded a premium in the 80's, 90's and 2000's. Again, this is nothing new.

Q: Supply and demand. Does asking over msrp have anything to do with the current state of the American auto industry.
Mar-08-06

A: Other manufacturers have had HOT cars from time to time that command over MSRP. This is nothing new. The Ebay auction will determine that value.

Q: Do you have any 0-60 times or any performance numbers. I used to own a 2003 cobra (phenomenal performance) and am thinking about owning the newer cobra d/t interior dimensions (2 kids). Thanks and good luck...remember that the people leaving negative feedback are probably the same people that want to feed foreign countrys with the tax money received from the sale of this car but don't want to pay taxes to defend our own country...again good luck.
Mar-08-06

A: Sorry, no official performance numbers as of yet. Based on the magazine articles though, I believe that it will be on hell of a performer.

Q: I'm going to wait a year and buy one for MSRP. Have fun screwing Joe public,just so u know what your doing is negative, not the last persons comments. Have a nice day!
Mar-07-06

A: Next years market value may very well be different (apples and oranges comparison). The price of plasma TV's will likely continue to come down also. Some people consider that and dismiss it in favor of some other priority. This weeks issue of Automotive News, dated 3/6/06, page 36, bottom left, a Ford dealer is advertising that they will pay OVER MSRP for new GT500's. Maybe you should call them at 1 800 705 0259 and verify the CURRENT market value!

Q: what about a convertible?how many do you expect to get?
Mar-06-06

A: We will definitely have convertibles too! We are historically a very large mustang dealer. We have 50 in stock right now and it is still winter in Michigan. We hope to get a total of about 7 to 10 GT500's. Again, with only 9,900 being built and 3,800 Ford dealers, most will only get their 1. We are trying to accurately define the market value, outside of the Barrett-Jackson phenomenon. I see other dealers have one on Ebay currently that are already at $24,000 over MSRP and the auction is not done yet. If I had to guess, I would estimate that we would commit to an order-it-your-way CONVERTIBLE for $25,000 over MSRP. Thank You. Sincerely, Keith

Q: I WAS WOUNDERING WHAT THE PRODUCTION NUMBER ARE GOING TO BE?
Mar-06-06

A: I think that I already answered that question in the ones posted at the bottom of the auction listing. 9,900 are planned. The exact # assigned to this car won't be known until after the auction ends, it is ordered and scheduled for production. Sincerely, Keith.

Q: What is msrp going to be? I have a signed order form with money down already but to have one of the first ones would be great. I am 20 on the list in my state. Thanks
Mar-05-06

A: MSRP for a coupe is supposed to be approx $40,000. Official prices have not yet been announced by Ford. The allocation of cars is done by Ford, individually for each dealer, not by state. Every dealer is supposed to get 1, prior SVT dealers will get 2 more and big dealers like us who specifically sell alot of Mustangs, will be awarded additional cars based on our sales history in the U.S. A total build of 9,900 GT500's for the 2007 model year is planned, divided by 3,800 dealers. I hope this info helps you to be better able to decide if you will really be able to actually ever get the one you already think you have reserved. Sincerely, Keith

Q: In your estimation, when will orders be accepted? What warranty will the GT500 come with? Tell me about your service record.
Mar-05-06

A: Production is scheduled to begin 6/4/06, so the computerie order system should begin accepting orders for these new GT500's about 6 to 8 weeks before that. The warranty is supposed to be like the other Ford production cars, 3yrs/36,000 miles. Our service record? Well, we are the only Ford dealer that I kmow of that is open 24 hours for parts and service, Monday thru Friday. We also specialize in performance vehicles. We are enthusiasts.

Q: Dealers like you make me sick....
Mar-04-06

A: How much profit do you think there was in that Saleen you own? What about how much ALL the cars cost at Barrett-Jackson? Oh, I almost forgot...Do you work for free? If you bought one of these new GT500's, you would probably be one of those people who would brag about how much the car is worth and what a great investment it was for YOU. We are just selling the car on the open market like everybody else is on Ebay. Keep you negative comments to yourself

Ask seller a question

·
Registered
32 Posts
I sent the a e-mail tony0811 in short form saying that it is insane for dealers making over$30,000 profit for just parking them in their lots?and that FORD makes the car for $40,000 including material,labor,marketing,etc...Is maybe the reason why FORD is lossing money also told them if the dealer wants $70,000 i will buy z06 for $65,000 and to try and do somthing about this for not only me but many FORD suporters!! let you know when they get back to me also EVERYONE SHOULD DO THE SAME!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I posted the second most recent message on Ebay suggesting that the list price be increased to $65K. I put down $2.5K at a dealership in New England a couple of months ago under the same "Fair Market Price" arrangement that it appears that some of you have also engaged in. The whole situation is a complete joke.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Somethings fishy ... I've been keeping track of the ebay presales and I think it is all a fraud. I think dealers are listing these things and getting people to jack up the prices for their auctions. I talked with my dealer today and he asked me if I'd seen the auctions. I told him I had and that I was glad I got my deposit in a year ago so I didn't have to be in their desperate shoes. Dealers are using these as gauges for what they think they should be charging over MSRP. I've gotta go, I'm getting sick to my stomach...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hate to say it....and Im a die hard Ford man. But if your willing to pay over MSRP then so be it!!! This isnt a Focus we're talking about. Its a supercharged factory Shelby, with HIS name on it. You cant go to a Chevy dealer and pay sticker for a ZO6 either. If I had the money, I would buy it too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am a sales manager at a small Ford dealership. I hate this "OVER MSRP" bs. I live in a small town (pop 8000) and I have 3 serious buyers. The trouble is that I won't get any to sell at any price. I just wish that Ford would build enough to fill the demand. That would probably stop greedy dealers from over charging, but on the other hand if everyone has one, then there is nothing special about it. We all want one because they are rare, unique, and not everyone can have one.

I would way sooner sell 3 cars at MSRP and have 3 happy customers, than sell 1 car at $10,000 over MSRP and have one guy with a car PO'd because he got gouged, and 2 guys PO'd because they never even got the chance to be gouged.

I rely on repeat customers, and one thing I have found in 30 years in this business is that PO'd customers don't come back.

Sofa King few GT500's

1 - 20 of 44 Posts