Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today when I was getting on it real hard, it wouldn't go into second. After that it started grinding in 2nd. I think the 2nd gear synchro is gone. Anyway, took her to the dealership and dropped her off to get checked out. Only 2800 miles on her. The service tech said he thinks it falls under of the the clutch and synchro TSB, said he'd give me a call tomorrow morning letting me know what is going on it with it. Until then, I'm stuck waiting. I feel like a part of me is missing, it was hard to leave her all alone at the dealership. On a plus side, I might use this as an opporitunity to have the KR shifter installed.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
So today when I was getting on it real hard, it wouldn't go into second. After that it started grinding in 2nd. I think the 2nd gear synchro is gone. Anyway, took her to the dealership and dropped her off to get checked out. Only 2800 miles on her. The service tech said he thinks it falls under of the the clutch and synchro TSB, said he'd give me a call tomorrow morning letting me know what is going on it with it. Until then, I'm stuck waiting. I feel like a part of me is missing, it was hard to leave her all alone at the dealership. On a plus side, I might use this as an opporitunity to have the KR shifter installed.
Definitely falls under the TSB. Make sure you get the flywheel upgrade as well. Do a search and you will find the TSB listed with all recomended upgrades. Oh, and that will be a good time for the shifter change as well. Dejavu all over again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts