Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
1,996 Posts
50 year old impressing 25 y/o girlfriend?
Maker's Mark mark-up?
Got to have it yesterday mindset?
Forgot production hasn't ended yet?

Just thinking out loud 😉

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
50 year old impressing 25 y/o girlfriend?
Maker's Mark mark-up?
Got to have it yesterday mindset?
Forgot production hasn't ended yet?

Just thinking out loud 😉
The CFTPs aren’t the easiest to secure without a big markup. The buyer may have just taken the bird in hand.

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
1,996 Posts
The CFTPs aren’t the easiest to secure without a big markup. The buyer may have just taken the bird in hand.
I am sure you are correct.

There's also the fact that the dollar's buying power (with everything) is tumbling downhill as we speak.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 - Handling Package, Technology Package, Recaros, Forgeline
83 Posts
Its getting crazy. I was watching TFL last night and they were talking about the markups already showing up on the new Raptor. Numbers in the $120k - $135k for an $85k MSRP truck. I had someone offer me $78k for my 2020 4Runner with about $15k off road goodies on it. Times are crazy.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
1,996 Posts
6 months ago, a sheet of $12 plywood was selling for $100.

Now it's down to $55 and people are acting like sanity has returned.

Inflation is running rampant. Add high demand to a product and this is what you see.

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
376 Posts
I can order a 22 TRX and get $5,500 off right now, but my 19 Raptor is worth more than I paid for it. Weird times for sure.

·
Registered
'13 GT500 - Red Candy Metallic w/ White Stripes
232 Posts
Anyone else wonder why it is soaked-to-the-bone wet? 😕 For that kind of money, I'm not sure I would want that car to see daylight, much less rain!

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
1,196 Posts
If I am going to spend that kinda $$$ on a Shelby Mustang, it won’t be on a CFTP. Much rather it be a 1968 GT500 that is either well restored or in excellent original condition. A ‘67 or ‘68 is the pinnacle for Shelby Mustang ownership, IMO.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I am going to spend that kinda $$$ on a Shelby Mustang, it won’t be on a CFTP. Much rather it be a 1968 GT500 that is either well restored or in excellent original condition. A ‘67 or ‘68 is the pinnacle for Shelby Mustang ownership, IMO.
I like a 68 Shelby as well… it all depends on what you want… a classic cruiser or the top performing Mustang of all time. Both are winners. I would not take a 68 Shelby to the track though.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey, they can have mine for $120k, easy!!!!! Saves them 30k!
That’s what some of the local guys in my text group were saying. I say HELL NO! I’d lose my track toy and be hard pressed to find another.

Reactions: BrakeFade

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
1,196 Posts
I understand why some people love tracking their cars and that is what they are built to do. Personally, I could never beat the heck out of my car for any reason. Cruising, some shows and car gatherings are good enough for me. I would hate myself for breaking something major on a car I own. Just me. I love my car and I treat it better than the original owner, I am sure.

·
Registered
'21 GT500 Shelby & '69 Mach1
178 Posts
Couple CFTPs at Cecil County Yellow Bullitt races a couple weeks ago. RR with 46 miles for $149k and Silver with 1k miles for $164k! Both guys in their 50's and from NJ. Can not believe what these cars are re-selling for....

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Performance blue/white stripes, tech/handling and Recaro's.
25 Posts
I can order a 22 TRX and get $5,500 off right now, but my 19 Raptor is worth more than I paid for it. Weird times for sure.
That's the exact reason I'm getting a new Raptor. I got one at MSRP and my 2018 has a higher trade in value than I paid for it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts