Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 161 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500
8 Posts
I’m in for July 11-12th and coming in from another event with a trailer. Is the Embassy Suites trailer parking friendly?

Reactions: AnOrangeTwisted

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500
8 Posts
Reactions: AnOrangeTwisted

·
Premium Member
2021 gt500, twister orange
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Hey... they have now opened up dates through 27-29 Sep, but it is a 2 day. 18-19 Sep is a one day. Still hoping for cooler temps in Oct but willing to commit soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Definitely do the two day just went a couple weeks ago yes it was hot but there is cool down periods between the two driving groups. While it would be awesome to have two days of the gt500 the manual gt is surprisingly fun and capable imo.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
44,112 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
44,112 Posts
FYI, they no longer allow you to use 1st or 2nd gear on the roval so the road track portion kinda sucks.
They did this on one of my days, but only because it was wet. We had to use manual shifting no lower than 3rd gear and in sport mode. The other time I went (2nd time), we use pad track mode and auto shifting.

Reactions: Hyperformance

·
Registered
2021 GT500-2.85 griptech pulley/long tube headers/JLT Intake/1050x Injectors
720 Posts
They did this on one of my days, but only because it was wet. We had to use manual shifting no lower than 3rd gear and in sport mode. The other time I went (2nd time), we use pad track mode and auto shifting.
They said they no longer allow 1st and 2nd gear due to people loosing traction and wrecking the cars. I think it takes all the fun out of it. They make you use track mode in manual setting.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
44,112 Posts
They said they no longer allow 1st and 2nd gear due to people loosing traction and wrecking the cars. I think it takes all the fun out of it. They make you use track mode in manual setting.
They have to account for the lowest common denominator… someone that can barely drive to Walmart let alone on a track. It’s unfortunate.

·
Registered
720 Posts
We all understand why they do it lol. No need to defend them. It makes no sense how they apply it. All drivers including the instructors have to adhere to this rule. In my opinion it is a mass punishment. Isn’t this why they have different levels of driver ability? Or why you can get insurance? It’s silly to me to call it a driving school and not teach people to drive the car as it is. Might as well put a governor on them. Your taking away one of the best parts of the car. It’s like banning fireworks because some idiot blew his finger off or gum because someone choked on it.
That being said it was fun to attend the school just wasn’t to as fond of the time spent on the roval. Just my 2 cents

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
44,112 Posts
We all understand why they do it lol. No need to defend them. It makes no sense how they apply it. All drivers including the instructors have to adhere to this rule. In my opinion it is a mass punishment. Isn’t this why they have different levels of driver ability? Or why you can get insurance? It’s silly to me to call it a driving school and not teach people to drive the car as it is. Might as well put a governor on them. Your taking away one of the best parts of the car. It’s like banning fireworks because some idiot blew his finger off or gum because someone choked on it.
That being said it was fun to attend the school just wasn’t to as fond of the time spent on the roval. Just my 2 cents
Valid point Shawn. I was put in the "fast group" my 2nd time there and we had a frigg'n BLAST!

You had a lot of track time by the time you went. I did not when I went both times. I'm sure if I were to go back now after all my track days, it would be less epic. The school is really geared towards the newbie... getting them to the strip and roval... to give them a taste of performance driving in a track type setting. I'm sure experienced drag racers would yawn a bit with the strip time as well.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
1,075 Posts
I don’t see the point of even signing up now. With the cost of the trip, hotels, paying for the guest experience, video package, insurance, etc, I figured the track attack would cost me $1500-2k. It is not worth that if I don’t get to experience anything I can’t experience on the street. If the instructors are also limited to 3rd and up, the pro ride will be pretty tame too. Bill the people who wreck the cars and don’t get the insurance. Don’t ruin it for everybody else. This really sucks.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I don’t see the point of even signing up now. With the cost of the trip, hotels, paying for the guest experience, video package, insurance, etc, I figured the track attack would cost me $1500-2k. It is not worth that if I don’t get to experience anything I can’t experience on the street. If the instructors are also limited to 3rd and up, the pro ride will be pretty tame too. Bill the people who wreck the cars and don’t get the insurance. Don’t ruin it for everybody else. This really sucks.
Don’t get me wrong, it was still a fun trip for me as I took my 16 year old son and he had a blast! The drag strip was a lot of fun as they allowed us to use the entire car. You can still have fun on the roval as a beginner or novice driver. Just make sure you get in the advanced group. My son loved the entire school. As for me, I wasn’t impressed due to having a good bit of track experience and them not allowing 1st and 2nd gear. My instructor also held us to about 60% of my driving capabilities in the advanced group. That being said, it is free and worth the trip in my opinion. You will meet a lot of good people and be able to drive an awesome car. As I’ve learned from the new world and government. If you keep your expectations low you won’t be disappointed lol.

121 - 140 of 161 Posts