Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 gt500, twister orange
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saw Tim's YouTube vid on going to Charlotte as part of purchase! Great vid! Watched it twice!

Maybe we can plan a meet up for those who are going in 2022? Perhaps dinner or something the night before or afterwards? When are the best days to be there?

I've not been in Charlotte before so would like to stay a couple days before and afterwards to be a tourist.

Edit:

Registrations (in post order):

Fordperformance: "We will be there 3/10-3/11. Wife is driving this time.”

fastforddriver: “I'm registered for the Apr 14-15 event. Never even been to NC so get to see something new. The wife is going but has no interest in the school."

OF5.0: "I’m registered for the April 14-15 time slot. FYI: As of today (5 Jan), no additional guest experiences are available during these two days."

ccast: "Just got enrolled by phone for April 12-13. Went through the 350 Track Attack in 2019 in Utah, this should be even better!"

GoldSlinger: "I am scheduled for March 20-22. Was going in April but couldn't due to work. Schedule change is $150 if you already registered. I made up my mind to do two days since I'll be there why not?"

dman1624: "Will be doing March 8-9th with my wife. This will be fun"

emwarrenfeltz: "Confirmed for April 25 and 26. Really looking forward to this experience. Did a NASCAR driving school 20+ years ago and it was a blast. Expect better for this event!"

matt66: "Well wife and I are going may 8-10 two day event got all digned up and was told by them that your guest can ride along with one of the instructors but cannot drive..."

Xpro: "I’m coming down for April 21-22! Can’t wait!"

2311USMC : "Me and my 2 buddies who just bought 2021s are headed in June 22-23."

Voodoo GT350: "I will be there June 12-14th. I was there a couple of years ago for the GT350 Track Attack and it was an absolute blast!"

carthur: “I will be there June 20-21. Can’t wait!”

Catmonkey: "I just signed up this morning for July 6 - 7. I really intended to take Goose's advice and book this earlier when the weather was cooler, but it wasn't possible to do..."

trz174: "I’m in for July 11-12th and coming in from another event with a trailer. Is the Embassy Suites trailer parking friendly?"

foxtrot7: “Just signed up for the 2 day July 24-26. Anyone else going to brave the heat?”

AnOrangeTwisted: "October dates now open. I just signed up for 17-18 Oct! :) :) Hope to meet a couple forum members there!"

BLK&BLUE: "I'm signed up for the 20-21 Oct! Anyone else planning on attending those days?"

Hyperformance: "Signed up today for October 13-14. Anyone scheduled for that event??"

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,872 Posts
Saw Tim's YouTube vid on going to Charlotte as part of purchase! Great vid! Watched it twice!

Maybe we can plan a meet up for those who are going in 2022? Perhaps dinner or something the night before or afterwards? When are the best days to be there?

I've not been in Charlotte before so would like to stay a couple days before and afterwards to be a tourist.
Moved your post here Ken with the other Track Attack posts. Thanks for the shoutout on my video. It’s a fun ass day!

As for when to go… I highly recommend the spring or fall. Charlotte gets hot/muggy and you’ll be in a fire suit/helmet with the AC off and windows up at the drag strip. Windows will be down at the ROVAL.

Reactions: AnOrangeTwisted

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350- Race Red/White stripes
102 Posts
I went to call to set up mine but they were closed. I'll set my date up this next week hopefully. Also excited and waiting on my package from Ford for this car.
If there are available dates online you should be able to do that.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
43,872 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 gt500, twister orange
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Tim for all the info, schedule, and moving my newbie post in the right place! I think I would prefer a fall date rather than in the spring but am open. Hopefully they update the schedule with fall dates. Could be interested in doing the 2 day, possibly too! May as well, right?

·
Premium Member
2020 gt500 Shadow Black
411 Posts

Charlotte is an awesome city Ken. Lots to do. Tons of car stuff. Excellent nightlife downtown and if you go in the fall and are into NFL, check out a Panthers game. Wife and I stayed a week after the Track Attack and had a blast.

·
Registered
102 Posts
They will likely add more dates. There wasn't anything available in the fall of 2021 when I inquired last spring. I was put on a list. As soon as they added more dates I got an email.

Suggestions for things to do in Charlotte.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500, Carbonized Gray w/Black Stripes, CFTP.
73 Posts
Has anyone done the 2nd Day course, too? Any thoughts on if it's worth the extra time and money?

I'm looking at going in March or April. Leaning toward just the one day class but am open.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
43,872 Posts
Has anyone done the 2nd Day course, too? Any thoughts on if it's worth the extra time and money?

I'm looking at going in March or April. Leaning toward just the one day class but am open.
Day two is in 5.0 Mustang GTs. I’m sure it would still be fun, but after being in the DCT equipped 760hp beast of a race car, I figured it would be a bit anticlimactic.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
43,872 Posts
I just received my letter to inrol. Can your guest also participate in driving
Your guest cannot drive, but gets a kick-ass ride-along at the end with a pro. The guests get to ride with you to the drag strip, down the strip slowly, back to the school house, to the ROVAL + a slow lap and then the pro ride at the end.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Your guest cannot drive, but gets a kick-ass ride-along at the end with a pro. The guests get to ride with you to the drag strip, down the strip slowly, back to the school house, to the ROVAL + a slow lap and then the pro ride at the end.
And the welcome dinner as well as attending class. Lunch also.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
43,872 Posts
And the welcome dinner as well as attending class. Lunch also.
Your guest has to watch you eat while you smack your lips and moan. They are not allowed to eat or make eye contact with any of the cool drivers. 😆

I keeeeed!

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkeye
1 - 20 of 161 Posts