Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500 (Base)
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I placed an "order" for a 2022MY GT500 with a fantastic dealer that is local to me. They've had 2 2021 GT500s (all sold) and Ford granted them a non-CFTP and non-painted stripe "allocation" for a 2022 MY car. The GM of the dealership placed the order and was confident about it. I want a Heritage Edition car, however, I was told that a true order for the HE package can't be placed yet, but mine will be switched to HE once they are allowed. The salesman and GM that I worked with seem to be true Ford blue gearheads thru and thru. They also have several GT 5.0 cars in stock and have more Ford Performance gear, pictures, etc. in the showroom than many of the dealers I've been to. I consider myself to be very lucky to have stumbled upon this dealership after all the crazy ADM conversations and negotiations I've had with greedy dealers. We shall see how this all shakes out... Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
1,263 Posts
Luck and perseverance always works out.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 (Base)
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Luck and perseverance always works out.
It sure does.... I was ready to give up as I pulled my deposit from a dealer that had an ADM as the deal just didn't feel right, now I know why it didn't feel right! :)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
38,365 Posts
Last night I placed an "order" for a 2022MY GT500 with a fantastic dealer that is local to me. They've had 2 2021 GT500s (all sold) and Ford granted them a non-CFTP and non-painted stripe "allocation" for a 2022 MY car. The GM of the dealership placed the order and was confident about it. I want a Heritage Edition car, however, I was told that a true order for the HE package can't be placed yet, but mine will be switched to HE once they are allowed. The salesman and GM that I worked with seem to be true Ford blue gearheads thru and thru. They also have several GT 5.0 cars in stock and have more Ford Performance gear, pictures, etc. in the showroom than many of the dealers I've been to. I consider myself to be very lucky to have stumbled upon this dealership after all the crazy ADM conversations and negotiations I've had with greedy dealers. We shall see how this all shakes out... Fingers crossed!
Congrats Mark! 🤟

Reactions: Quik5oh

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
5,916 Posts
Awesome, Mark!!! Congrats! Oh, no...now the waiting! :p

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
4,500 Posts
Congrats.
A thread on this site stated that Ford isn't using the allocation system for the 2022 MY, interesting that your dealer thinks they are..

·
Registered
2021 GT500 (Base)
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Congrats.
A thread on this site stated that Ford isn't using the allocation system for the 2022 MY, interesting that your dealer thinks they are..
They used the term "allocation" but I think that was to keep things simple... My understanding is it's more or less that dealers know what they can/can't order with an expectation that if they submit what they are allowed to submit, the order will be accepted/picked up. The dealer that I'm working with told me up front that they can't place orders for CFTP or painted stripe cars as those options were not made available to them. I'll get more official clarity around this as things unfold, especially once they are able to flip my order to an official Heritage Edition package (finger crossed)! I'm sure as I hear about progress others will as well. Guessing it's a waiting game now until March?

·
Registered
2021 GT500 (Base)
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I thought I was the only strange one that did this :)
Hahaha! I also do this with my fox body Mustangs!

I know there is going to be a major difference between a late 70s technology fox body and an S550 chassis, but I love the very well-connected mechanical feel and feedback of the older cars along with the insanely fast throttle response that only seems to be present with cable operated throttles.... hoping the S550 has some of that feel with all of it's electronics in the mix. Newer cars in general are so muted and isolated with poor mechanical feedback and I'm reminded of that every time I drive my older cars, they just feel right!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
38,365 Posts
Hahaha! I also do this with my fox body Mustangs!

I know there is going to be a major difference between a late 70s technology fox body and an S550 chassis, but I love the very well-connected mechanical feel and feedback of the older cars along with the insanely fast throttle response that only seems to be present with cable operated throttles.... hoping the S550 has some of that feel with all of it's electronics in the mix. Newer cars in general are so muted and isolated with poor mechanical feedback and I'm reminded of that every time I drive my older cars, they just feel right!
The new 500 is NUTS! You are going to love it.

If it feels “muted,” try turning TC off.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 (Base)
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reactions: Goose17
1 - 14 of 14 Posts