Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Chris,
I appreciate the effort, but unless you have confirmation they're '22s, to me they look like Velocity Blue '20 or '21s. Most likely '20's since that looks like a grabber lime in each shot which was only available in '20 I believe. Remember that atlas is a '22 new color for the GT500 although other Fords have had it last few years.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
1,888 Posts
Chris,
I appreciate the effort, but unless you have confirmation they're '22s, to me they look like Velocity Blue '20 or '21s. Most likely '20's since that looks like a grabber lime in each shot which was only available in '20 I believe. Remember that atlas is a '22 new color for the GT500 although other Fords have had it last few years.
The only thing I’m positive about is that the one parked was taken at Shelby recently for an event. The other one was sent to me from someone who should know the color and said it was from a photo shoot with a Atlas Blue GT500 for the Motor channel?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I almost forgot to post in this thread the FIRST ATLAS BLUE GT500 to be published anywhere in the world....ok, that might be a bit of a stretch, but definitely the only one I COULD FIND ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! Hasn't even left Flat Rock yet, but she will...........soon...after she gets wrapped with some white stripes and makes her debut into the world and my driveway! Chasis # TBD but my guess will be ~1000
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I almost forgot to post in this thread the FIRST ATLAS BLUE GT500 to be published anywhere in the world....ok, that might be a bit of a stretch, but definitely the only one I COULD FIND ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! Hasn't even left Flat Rock yet, but she will...........soon...after she gets wrapped with some white stripes and makes her debut into the world and my driveway! Chasis # TBD but my guess will be ~1000
View attachment 238218
That’s definitely Atlas Blue and looking AMAZING!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
View attachment 238218
That looks awesome, thanks for sharing. I’m really hoping Ford builds mine. I don’t care how long it takes as long as it gets built.
Wait is that a black roof??

Reactions: rxsamg

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
That looks awesome, thanks for sharing. I’m really hoping Ford builds mine. I don’t care how long it takes as long as it gets built.
Wait is that a black roof??
The angle of incidence of the light combined with the azimuth of the sun and factor in the reflectance peak shifts to a shorter wavelength because of the increased projected angle to the camera sensor causes an optical illusion. 🤓
All that plus I didn’t order one so I hope they didn’t f’up!

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,162 Posts
The angle of incidence of the light combined with the azimuth of the sun and factor in the reflectance peak shifts to a shorter wavelength because of the increased projected angle to the camera sensor causes an optical illusion. 🤓
You forgot how the current linear alignment of 5 planets is causing a Doppler shift and creating light refraction to be mis-aligned.

·
Registered
30 Posts
🤣🤣🤣
Reason I asked is because a local dealer had one coming in with a black roof. They offered it to me but I wasn’t sure about the black roof. Every black car I see has so many swirls on it and for that reason I want to stay away from anything black on a car.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
🤣🤣🤣
Reason I asked is because a local dealer had one coming in with a black roof. They offered it to me but I wasn’t sure about the black roof. Every black car I see has so many swirls on it and for that reason I want to stay away from anything black on a car.
Black roof would be really nice to offset white or silver. I wasn't a fan against blue, especially since I want the stripes to be contiguous on the body panels & not have to stop for the roof

·
Premium Member
2022 Shelby GT500 Atlas Blue, White stripes over the top and sides, CFTP
14 Posts
View attachment 238218
Absolutely beautiful !

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Awesome color!! Looks great in the sun as well!

Reactions: RaylanGivens

·
Premium Member
2022 Shelby GT500 Atlas Blue, White stripes over the top and sides, CFTP
14 Posts
  • Love
Reactions: Goose17 and rxsamg

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

·
Registered
2020 gt500 HP Magnetic Gray
13 Posts
Looks great!!!! Love how the black wheels & chrome exhaust tips contrast the blue paint in the sun!
Do you know if it's sold or their asking ADM? It doesn't say special order on the sticker. Looks like it was built 1st week of May.
I was going to buy it actually they were asking 25 ADM so total was 111k before taxes/fees. They came down to 101K, but I ended up passing on it. I found a used 2020 gray one with low mileage instead that had the 2 other options I wanted for a cheaper price. It was a hard decision for me to pick between the two of them!

I also found a brand new gray one different dealer with tech, HP, recaros, carbon dash piece, but that dealer wanted 50 adm 😂😂 which was 139k. I was like no thank you.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts