Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

2022 GT500 order/buying tracking

2020+ 
448K views 7K replies 183 participants last post by  Nick Bonamase 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Has anyone received any information on ‘22 orders? If someone gets new info please post.

Edited in by moderator from @Snoopy49

If you want to confirm that your order is in the order bank, contact Ford Performance.

Here is the contact info for FP. They will be able to help you find out your cars current status.

(800) 367-3788 (Option 1)

Make sure you title the e-mail as GT500 Status Check and include the last 8 of your VIN in the body of the message. Example: (P5500001) or if you don't have a VIN, you will need the Order Number and Dealer/Sales Code, these will be on the Vehicle Order Confirmation, which you should have received when you placed your order or the Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement, which you should have received the day after your order was placed.

Ford Performance Info Center Inbox fwrnty@ford.com

If you would prefer to chat, Contact - Ford Performance Parts . Click on Chat.

See less See more
#29 ·
I posted in the other thread what message I got when ordering my GT500 it hasn’t moved and no allocation so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve had my 22 order in since September, it’s on hold and I’m #2 in the allocation at my dealer. Checked last week and dealers response was “ waiting on Ford to open our allocation” not sure what Ford is doing, my dealer is a huge dealer and moves 4-600 units a month when they can get inventory, yet it seems some dealers have already placed successful orders.

#3 ·
I put my order in last week, I think I posted about it on another thread but the dealer told me that they anticipate getting some allocations the week after Christmas. Once they have allocations available the orders in the system will be picked up and scheduled for production. Supposed to get email verification once the order is in place. How they decide the order of production given there are probably a ton of pre orders I have no idea. Sounds like some of it revolves around the regional sales manager/dealer relationship. Plus there are a bunch of us with cancelled 21 orders who were told we have a little bit of priority, whether that happens also seems to be decided by regional managers.

This post has been deleted
#8 ·
From everything I have read and heard through the grapevine so far, I don’t believe a base HE car is going to be limited in numbers, other than what Ford will allocate to dealers for the year. Adding the CFTP or painted stripe is a different story since they are already limited. Will see what actually happens, still lots of stuff carrying over from 21, supply chain issues, etc. I’m in Michigan and keep hearing that Ford Flat Rock plant is still in trouble with the city due to the leak that shut things down last fall

#9 ·
I am number 4 at my dealership, I look at it like, I filled out a form for what I wanted, but it’s like I am 4th outside Best Buy waiting to rush in and buy the big screen TV. Will I get one? Only if they have at least 4 or more.
I heard more about the Broncos as if you order a stripped down one, you might get it in a week, if you loaded one up from 2021, it still has no production date. So there is lots of rumors and mis-info out there. Let’s hope they give us some solid info after Christmas.

#39 · (Edited)
I ordered a 2021 Bronco Black Diamond and had to cancelled it due to no hard top available and didn't want a soft top so Ford moved my order to a 2022 model that was submitted in early October (I got the confirmation email from Ford) and is not scheduled yet here on Jan 26th. The GT500s are on hold right now because they do not build them in the winter months because of the performance tire so production will start back up with the 22 models in March. Would assume cars will start being scheduled in the near term.

#11 ·
Man. That sucks. I have not been to a Honda dealer. My wife needs a new suv. Regular ass Acura is $5000 over msrp. I ain’t paying that but I guess the trade in is worth that much extra and more in this market. I just cannot believe the market can bare this. So much fake money floating around people just don’t care. It’s weird. When will it crash? I figure the market for utilitarian cars is going to be flooded at some point if it’s mainly a chip shortage. All those cars just sitting waiting for chips. Who knows. I just want my dream car and I don’t want to be told in four months “sorry we can’t get it actually.” I will be sad. Fist world sorrows.

#12 ·
There is no such thing as fake money- well at the way we print probably so the more i think about it but thats a different issue. Don’t swallow all the ALT right lies (there are more ALT left lies). There is no stimulus money, no unemployment bonus, no more child tax credit checks going out (that wasn’t free it was just an advancement on you CTC from your income tax).
What you are seeing is the effect of supply and demand. What we learned in 5th grade. less cars to be sold higher prices, lots filled with cars lower prices. That’s it no chips, sickness, suppliers cut back, ship not coming to port- no cars Built.
Don’t count on a dream car in this environment. If you get it jump for joy.
FYI I have seen ADM on Hyundai’s.

#14 ·
Just like there are ’21 units floating around on dealers lots looking for a new r, In a year or two from now ‘22 units will be on dealers lot looking for a new owner . Rather than wait perhaps some of you might buy an existing unit that is your exact or close to your exact specification- drive now and enjoy. If something comes out in a future model year that you have to have , you sell then and get your next one then. Doubtful pandemic pricing will be gone in a year so you really don’t have anything to lose except time but not enjoying this incredibly freaking awesome car !

#15 ·
couldn't agree more with this post. Just search around and try to negotiate a better price. Some dealerships, especially the smaller town ones, don't want to sit on these cars too long. The dealer I bought my car from actually bugged me for 3 weeks to buy theirs. The smaller towns don't have nearly as many buyers. Just window shoppers. I just looked up through Ford.com and searched the dealerships inventory around my area and found it and then called them about it to see what the mark up was.

#19 · (Edited)
If I'm not mistaken, that reference to a side impact air bag recall on the 2021 should freeze any sales for 2021 cars sitting on dealer lots pending a fix.

It's possible this could delay 2022 production as well. This is sort of a developing issue.

#32 ·
My 2021 Anti-Matter blue Order got clipped and I had to resubmit as a 2022 with Rapid red. Manager has it set to a priority 10. When Production ramps up, I was told the regional manager will get ahold of my sales manager and ask for the specifics to get it bumped higher in priority status. We shall see! I was told to expect an April build, with a conservative delivery month of June due to Painted over stripes.

Sorry Goose17, but our cars will be matching in Color/Stripes!

Just glad I am able to get one even if it is a bit later then I had planned.

Attached is the 2022 GT500 Order guide my Sales Manager sent me incase folks are interested.

Attachments

#33 ·
Sorry Goose17, but our cars will be matching in Color/Stripes!
Congrats in advance! Big fan of Rapid Red/painted black stripes! 🤟

#38 ·
Didn't a press release say something about Feb builds? So probably not much going on til then. Although I would hope someone in charge of ordering stuff is compiling a parts list and figuring out how many to have on hand when the building commences. But I could be thinking with logic and common sense, and neither probably apply to building a car.

#41 ·
#53 ·
@Goose17 hope this is ok to post. if not just remove it. but a mid-west dealer told me they are expecting this 2022 build and want $10k ADM on a CFTP. just passing along, i can connect you if you want it...

View attachment 229070
You can share any listings you’d like, but whatever you did above did not work.

Car Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Wheel

#55 ·
Success! Do you already have a car or one on order…? You don’t have anything listed under your screen name.

#68 ·
top picture is a rendering.

I am guessing that you knew that?

#61 ·
I think Britney looks "pretty" and I'm not sure that's how I want people to describe my car lol. it also looks like it's not sure if it's a metallic light blue or metallic light silver, kind of goes both ways depending on light. no doubt it's a nice looking car though albeit somewhat feminine.

#62 ·
I think it’s a softer color. Definitely. I like the contrast of that with the lines and otherwise mean looking demeanor of the car! It’s not so over the top. I think it’s a nice contrast but do agree it’s not as masculine as say a black or red. I can’t wait to see it in person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.