Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
6401 - 6420 of 6432 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Mischievous Purple CFTP vin 1214 on order
221 Posts
Hello guys and Happy Pre Thanksgiving. Just throwing this out there for the guys that may have had their orders cancelled or cars never built. I text my salesman to wish him a happy thanksgiving and he told me that they are getting a 21’ performance blue GT500 with 500 miles on it. It was a car that they originally sold new and I guess that the owner didn’t really drive it. I have a pic of the car when it was new when he tried to get me to buy it new before my order. I have no skin in this game. Just putting it out there.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Font Line Material property Parallel Ticket

·
Registered
2022 GRABBER BLUE TRACK PACK
938 Posts
first one I've seen at this price... just posted about 20 minutes ago on Facebook Grabber blue cftp at sticker, the sales guy says in the comments that it's a Black Friday special but this thing will be gone pretty quick I think, contact info is on the picture...

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
221 Posts
first one I've seen at this price... just posted about 20 minutes ago on Facebook Grabber blue cftp at sticker, the sales guy says in the comments that it's a Black Friday special but this thing will be gone pretty quick I think, contact info is on the picture...

View attachment 254828
Kind of weird though because on the dealers website it says that the cars MSRP is 117k but the window sticker is only 102 so I hope that they don’t try to get over on anyone.

·
Super Moderator
5,361 Posts
Reactions: lightrules

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, chassis N3318 is here after shipment was delayed from northern NY due to the Buffalo snow.

My AMG C63S is gone on trade back up to NY 🥲

This is a Base HE that I found for $5k over sticker and couldn’t pass it up.

Been a fun weekend doing tons of garage startups for friends coming to see it. Went for one 10 mile drive to a local town and already had multiple people saying how they loved the car, as I was driving by.

The car is filthy from getting snowed on and not having the dealer touch it (no wash, all stickers on, etc). First thing tomorrow it goes for PPF, ceramic and tint.

Looking forward to a more thorough intro write up when I have time and after I’ve driven more than 10 miles below 40 mph.

One question I do have. When I pop the hood and then press the two pin release buttons, the hood doesn’t really do much of anything. It doesn’t lift enough to reach in and press the release lever. I have to grab in the little 1/2” that the hood did lift and yank, and then it pops up enough to reach in and get to the release lever. Is that normal? Otherwise I feel like something is off or misaligned.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Sky

Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car

Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
5,361 Posts
Well, chassis N3318 is here after shipment was delayed from northern NY due to the Buffalo snow.

Been a fun weekend doing tons of garage startups for friends coming to see it. Went for one 10 mile drive to a local town and already had multiple people saying how they loved the car, as I was driving by.

The car is filthy from getting snowed on and not having the dealer touch it (no wash, all stickers on, etc). First thing tomorrow it goes for PPF, ceramic and tint.

Looking forward to a more thorough intro write up when I have time and after I’ve driven more than 10 miles below 40 mph.

One question I do have. When I pop the hood and then press the two pin release buttons, the hood doesn’t really do much of anything. It doesn’t lift enough to reach in and press the release lever. I have to grab in the little 1/2” that the hood did lift and yank, and then it pops up enough to reach in and get to the release lever. Is that normal? Otherwise I feel like something is off or misaligned.

View attachment 255054
View attachment 255053
View attachment 255052
View attachment 255050
View attachment 255051
Bad Ass Congrats on finally getting the car, as far as the hood latch I press the drivers side passenger side then grab the hood on each side by the headlights and give it a gentle pull up to expose the latch in the middle.

·
Registered
221 Posts

View attachment 255054
View attachment 255053
View attachment 255052
View attachment 255050
View attachment 255051
Congratulations to you and good luck with it. The hood does not pop up when you press the hood pins. I usually pull up the hood above the headlights on either side to get to the latch.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 HE CFTP w/Black POTS, 2021 GT500 Rapid Red w/Painted Black Stripes
143 Posts

View attachment 255054
View attachment 255053
View attachment 255052
View attachment 255050
View attachment 255051
Congrats! Enjoy.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,412 ·
My car has not moved from the train car it’s on. I even drove to the train depot to see if they had it just sitting out in the ocean air. It appears it must still be on the train as the gps map I saw at the dealership showed it in the train yard and not in the storage lot. The lot is in a very bad area and I really hope they get it out of the salt air soon. It has been at the depot since 11/07. This is crazy.

·
Premium Member
2022 GT500 CFTP HE - Pending
9 Posts
My car was showed as built on 11/7, and was in preparing to ship status until yesterday. Yesterday it said shipped but at the same time the dealer sent me pics of the car's arrival. I'm guessing the Ford tracking site is significantly delayed. Chass #3250.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Super Moderator
5,361 Posts
My car was showed as built on 11/7, and was in preparing to ship status until yesterday. Yesterday it said shipped but at the same time the dealer sent me pics of the car's arrival. I'm guessing the Ford tracking site is significantly delayed. Chass #3250.

View attachment 255269
Congratulations John!!

Reactions: 02jail

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts

View attachment 255269
Congratulations on your awesome car :love:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,416 · (Edited)

View attachment 255269
Are you in California? Your signature says Bay Area so am curious if that’s nor cal. My car has been at the Richmond rail depot for a month.

·
Premium Member
2022 GT500 CFTP HE - Pending
9 Posts
Are you in California? Your signature says Bay Area so am curious if that’s nor cal. My car has been at the Richmond rail depot for a month.
Yes Richmond is nearby. It's not the best area to be in but I'm sure it's secure or else we'd hear something. Weather here has been decent lately if that's any consolation. That would kill me if that was close by me for a month. Insane.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,418 ·
Yes Richmond is nearby. It's not the best area to be in but I'm sure it's secure or else we'd hear something. Weather here has been decent lately if that's any consolation. That would kill me if that was close by me for a month. Insane.
I drove to the depot to see if they just had it sitting out there waiting to have the wheels stolen. It was in one of the train cars apparently. It had something to do with the pending strike I am told and staffing at the Richmond depot. 500 fords waiting to be offloaded. What I don’t understand is how your car was built and shipped after mine made it to the dealer first.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I drove to the depot to see if they just had it sitting out there waiting to have the wheels stolen. It was in one of the train cars apparently. It had something to do with the pending strike I am told and staffing at the Richmond depot. 500 fords waiting to be offloaded. What I don’t understand is how your car was built and shipped after mine made it to the dealer first.
this was true for most cars including mine built in the 9/14ish week. There were several chassis #'s built the week after at the dealer over a month before mine landed.

·
Registered
2022 HE Base coming soon...
22 Posts
Trying to apply logic to the build/delivery process for the '22 GT500's is futile. I am sure it has to do with a missing part or two, that once it comes in, they install it on the cars already on the assembly line and then who knows how they decide which car in the Flat Rock parking lot to go get first and install them on those. One example - I know of (2) HE CFTPs both scheduled to deliver to Illinois. The 10/13 Blend date car just arrived at the dealer ($140K at Fair Oaks Ford if anyone is interested) and the 9/13 Blend date car is still sitting in Flat Rock.

6401 - 6420 of 6432 Posts