Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
6361 - 6380 of 6432 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,360 Posts
Yeah, it’s too bad we don’t have a legal advocate here. Ford was sued over the 1993 Cobra R and they had to make good on several cars and financially compensate others!
Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum. (Remember to click Save)

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly (click your upper right avatar to get there)(You’ll need to save this as well) Let us know if you have any forum questions.

·
Registered
2022 Shadow Black CFTP Shelby GT500 (in Production); 2022 Jeep Wrangler 392 XR Recon
229 Posts
I plan on using my ford pass points towards an extended warranty.

“Two hundred points equals $1 of credit. Points are not refundable once redeemed.”
Thank you very much for the link! Coincidentally, I purchased my 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 from Granger in Iowa and had it transported to me in California. I purchased a $0 deductible Extended Warranty from Granger (7 or 8 years or 75,000 miles or something like that) for approximately $1600 for the Jeep. when I purchased my GT 500 from a dealer out east, the dealer gave me a very good deal on the car (comparatively speaking) but the extended warranty was around three times the cost of the warranty for the Jeep so I passed. Just now, based on the post above, I click through the Granger Extended Warranty and purchased the 8 year/$75,000 premium care $0 deductible warranty for $1725! When they get back to me to confirm the sale I will double check the details, but this just seems like an outstanding value!

·
Premium Member
2022 Code Orange GT500 N2959
148 Posts
time for a tune!
LOL no. And I dont condone what I did on the max speed attempt. Just had a clear straight 5 mile section to go here in Mexico, PA. So I did.... got to 180, quickly may I add, and it limited/chipped out, unlike the 13/14. In my elder 13, got to 192.4 in a random top quest. Both bone stock attempts.

I wanted to see how it felt at that speed on the cup 2s in decent weather. Man she grips and goes! Up to 204 miles on it now after yesterday.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Kinda funny Ford had qualms about not starting production on cars until temps rose due to the temp rating on the tires, but they have no issues at the end of the year building them and letting them sit through the winter months.

·
Registered
2022 GT500
10 Posts
Thank you very much for the link! Coincidentally, I purchased my 2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 from Granger in Iowa and had it transported to me in California. I purchased a $0 deductible Extended Warranty from Granger (7 or 8 years or 75,000 miles or something like that) for approximately $1600 for the Jeep. when I purchased my GT 500 from a dealer out east, the dealer gave me a very good deal on the car (comparatively speaking) but the extended warranty was around three times the cost of the warranty for the Jeep so I passed. Just now, based on the post above, I click through the Granger Extended Warranty and purchased the 8 year/$75,000 premium care $0 deductible warranty for $1725! When they get back to me to confirm the sale I will double check the details, but this just seems like an outstanding value!
Awesome! I honestly haven’t purchased myself because I just can’t decide. What you choose seems an incredible value for money. Do the plans get more expensive as the car ages. Is there a benefit to buying now versus 3 years from now? Just worried I’m going to total the car leaving a cars and coffee and it would be a waste of money lol…

Edit- I see that was for your Jeep… yeah didn’t think the plans were that cheap on the Shelby…

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,374 · (Edited)
Font Parallel Number Circle Document

Font Parallel Rectangle Number Circle

Awesome! I honestly haven’t purchased myself because I just can’t decide. What you choose seems an incredible value for money. Do the plans get more expensive as the car ages. Is there a benefit to buying now versus 3 years from now? Just worried I’m going to total the car leaving a cars and coffee and it would be a waste of money lol…

Edit- I see that was for your Jeep… yeah didn’t think the plans were that cheap on the Shelby…
Take a look at what is actually covered. Only certain parts are covered. The low mileage plans for the Shelby are not bad but they are certainly limited in what they cover (esp with engine). It doesn’t say the whole engine is covered in the event of a catastrophic failure it could be caused by an uncovered part! I really worry about the trans. Which is a $20,000 replacement. Trans is fully covered under the top two tiers. View attachment 253195

·
Registered
2022 GRABBER BLUE TRACK PACK
938 Posts
whats up guys havent been following here closely but if anyone had their order fall through or still want a new CFTP, found a race red CFTP w/ white vinyl stripes for $5k over (msrp is $103.7k). beautiful car. hit me up if want it...

Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Hood
Vehicle Grille Car Hood Automotive lighting
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
52,795 Posts
Anyone still hanging around here with HE with painted stripes? Looking for the dimensions of the GT 500 painted cutout on the hood.
Create a separate thread with your question. You’ll get more action. Not everyone reads this massive thread.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Mischievous Purple CFTP vin 1214 on order
221 Posts
Oh! A day after they said December 1, it arrives!

Going to work out shipping from north NY to Philly hopefully next week.

View attachment 253108
I told you it would come. Congratulations to you and enjoy it. If you don’t have your transport worked out already I can give you the info of the guy that I used to transport mine from Pa to Long Island NY. I am in no way affiliated with them but I just had a very good experience with them and it was a very reasonable price.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I told you it would come. Congratulations to you and enjoy it. If you don’t have your transport worked out already I can give you the info of the guy that I used to transport mine from Pa to Long Island NY. I am in no way affiliated with them but I just had a very good experience with them and it was a very reasonable price.
PM me if you don’t mind. Gathering options now.

·
Registered
2022 Shadow Black CFTP Shelby GT500 (in Production); 2022 Jeep Wrangler 392 XR Recon
229 Posts

No, I purchased Extended warranties for both the Jeep and now for the GT 500.

In my response email to the dealer email confirming the purchase I asked the dealer to confirm that this was a bumper to bumper warranty covering everything with a $0 deductible and that it ran coterminus with the original factory warranty. I received a prompt email confirming that this was in that fact the case. I will post here if I receive any contrary information but in my experience these are excellent values and are usually transferable at least to the 1st buyer of the car if you ever sell.

Update: the Dealer indicated that the price was not $1,725 but instead $4,750 so I will pass.

6361 - 6380 of 6432 Posts