5841 - 5860 of 5997 Posts

·
Registered
2022 HE GT500 CFTP N2382
253 Posts
great photo.

Congrats!
Thank you!

I'm surprised that the car actually looked pretty good in the photo as they didn't touch the car (a little dirty from transport) since it arrived (literally off the trailer and parked) as the dealer didn't want anyone doing anything with it until I arrived.

·
Registered
2022 GT500HE CFTP Painted N0012
330 Posts
Thank you!

I'm surprised that the car actually looked pretty good in the photo as they didn't touch the car (a little dirty from transport) since it arrived (literally off the trailer and parked) as the dealer didn't want anyone doing anything with it until I arrived.
So that is unwashed!!! Either your car breezed since transit and did stop anywhere or someone washed it along the way.

No matter, enjoy the car and the moment.

·
Super Moderator
3,276 Posts
In production as 9/22.
Congratulations only what 5 more months to wait😂 just kidding I’m sure it will only be Christmas.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Heritage Edition (waiting delivery)
23 Posts
Chassis N2382 has landed! Taking delivery of her on Saturday!

Blend 8/8
In Production 8/25
Built 8/29
Reached dealer 9/22

Still has the suspension/spring spacers installed in this pic.

View attachment 247768
That's a really good photo. Do the shipping blocks make it site a little higher in the front? I like the look. CFTP cars often seem a little low to me.

·
Registered
2022 HE GT500 CFTP N2382
253 Posts
That's a really good photo. Do the shipping blocks make it site a little higher in the front? I like the look. CFTP cars often seem a little low to me.
Thank you!

Yes, the shipping blocks make it sit a bit higher (not sure of the height difference but seemed like about 3/4" maybe more) for transport and moving the car on/off trains/trailers. The CFTP cars sit about 1/2" lower than the non-CFTP cars so I think the shipping blocks are even more important for those models.

I agree, the CFTP cars do sit pretty low! Have a total of 37 miles on the car and I've only been driving roads that I know are smooth and less likely to have any surprises as I need to get used to judging the ground clearance. I'm open to any driving tips relative to approach angle, etc. (if any beyond the typical 45 degree slow approach) from the guys that have been driving their cars for a while, but I'll make that request in a different thread :)

For those that have been waiting an immense amount of time, as others have said, the wait is beyond worth it! These S550 GT500s are incredible in every way. This car has garnered more compliments, wow faces, gawks, smiles, etc. in the 37 miles I've driven her than I anticipated! It's such a great feeling to see people appreciate the car - the responses must be what it's like to have a sexy celebrity on your arm, hahaha! Hopefully my wife doesn't read that comment!

She'll see very limited driving until the full body PPF is done because the Cup2's pickup any little pebbles, sand, etc. - need to drive behind a street sweeper with this car!

I'm going to hit up @lightrules about his "driver" wheel and tire setup as the Cup2's are super aggressive and gummy for general street cruising, need tires that are a bit less sticky and wheels that are not as valuable as the Carbon Fiber wheels for street cruising.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 HE CFTP w/Black POTS, 2021 GT500 Rapid Red w/Painted Black Stripes
139 Posts
Chassis N2382 has landed! Taking delivery of her on Saturday!

Blend 8/8
In Production 8/25
Built 8/29
Reached dealer 9/22

Still has the suspension/spring spacers installed in this pic.

View attachment 247768
Congrats, looks great.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thank you!

Yes, the shipping blocks make it sit a bit higher (not sure of the height difference but seemed like about 3/4" maybe more) for transport and moving the car on/off trains/trailers. The CFTP cars sit about 1/2" lower than the non-CFTP cars so I think the shipping blocks are even more important for those models.

I agree, the CFTP cars do sit pretty low! Have a total of 37 miles on the car and I've only been driving roads that I know are smooth and less likely to have any surprises as I need to get used to judging the ground clearance. I'm open to any driving tips relative to approach angle, etc. (if any beyond the typical 45 degree slow approach) from the guys that have been driving their cars for a while, but I'll make that request in a different thread :)

For those that have been waiting an immense amount of time, as others have said, the wait is beyond worth it! These S550 GT500s are incredible in every way. This car has garnered more compliments, wow faces, gawks, smiles, etc. in the 37 miles I've driven her than I anticipated! It's such a great feeling to see people appreciate the car - the responses must be what it's like to have a sexy celebrity on your arm, hahaha! Hopefully my wife doesn't read that comment!

She'll see very limited driving until the full body PPF is done because the Cup2's pickup any little pebbles, sand, etc. - need to drive behind a street sweeper with this car!

I'm going to hit up @lightrules about his "driver" wheel and tire setup as the Cup2's are super aggressive and gummy for general street cruising, need tires that are a bit less sticky and wheels that are not as valuable as the Carbon Fiber wheels for street cruising.
I came from a 350R. The CFTP site 2 inches higher. So still go at an angle 📐 going driveways but ground clearance is SSOOOOOOOO much better in this car. You can go over speed bumps without scraping, before a speed bump was like seeing the devil 😈. I still avoid streets with big gutters for flood runoff, but it’s super easy to do almost everything in this car without scrapping.

Then there is the tramlining… there isn’t any. My ‘18 R was like wrangling an unruly dog. This car, I can drive the same roads that would’ve thrown me into other lanes, and I can do it while cruising and relaxing with one hand on the wheel.

·
Registered
2022 HE GT500 CFTP N2382
253 Posts
I came from a 350R. The CFTP site 2 inches higher. So still go at an angle 📐 going driveways but ground clearance is SSOOOOOOOO much better in this car. You can go over speed bumps without scraping, before a speed bump was like seeing the devil 😈. I still avoid streets with big gutters for flood runoff, but it’s super easy to do almost everything in this car without scrapping.

Then there is the tramlining… there isn’t any. My ‘18 R was like wrangling an unruly dog. This car, I can drive the same roads that would’ve thrown me into other lanes, and I can do it while cruising and relaxing with one hand on the wheel.
Wow, I didn't realize the 350R was so low! Thanks for the guidance/information.

Glad to hear that the GT500 is a bit more forgiving when it comes to ground clearance. I think I'm going to try some different angles and approaches with situations that are giving me some ground clearance angst to help with establishing a better frame of judgement. My '86 Fox is pretty low - sits about 3/4" higher than the GT500, but the exhaust (long-tube headers) doesn't fit as tight to the undercarriage as the GT500's does so I'm guessing the GT500 may even have better ground clearance than my Fox!

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
okay guys got a fantastic deal here, dealer called me right now saying they could do 5K over sticker on a cftp eruption green with black painted stripes. MSRP is 109k, selling price 114k plus TTL. I don't need to tell you that this is quite good. a lot of tire kickers lately for deals I've posted. if you're serious hit me up. the car is in California.

View attachment 247726 View attachment 247727 View attachment 247728 View attachment 247729 View attachment 247730
If this isn’t a sign of the car market adjusting IDK what is. From what I remember this past spring/summer CFTP cars were on average $20k ADM everywhere BUT CALI where they seemed to be $30k-$40k ADM from what people were posting.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Base
263 Posts
If this isn’t a sign of the car market adjusting IDK what is. From what I remember this past spring/summer CFTP cars were on average $20k ADM everywhere BUT CALI where they seemed to be $30k-$40k ADM from what people were posting.
I mean, this color/stripe choice also may be a factor in the ADM here….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2021 GT500 Rapid Red, 2020 GT350R HEP, 2022 F150 XLT Lightning
89 Posts

I think you made a typo the CFTP is only 1/2" higher than a GT350R.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2021 GT500 Rapid Red, 2020 GT350R HEP, 2022 F150 XLT Lightning
89 Posts
I measured back in 2019, but if you’ve got both of them at your disposal then I will defer to your measurement.
Will this do? I remember when you used to post pictures on M6G all the time of your GT350R really nice.
Tire Automotive tire Hood Road surface Plant
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
330 Posts
Will this do? I remember when you used to post pictures on M6G all the time of your GT350R really nice.
View attachment 248071 View attachment 248072
Yep. You’re right. Thanks for correcting the measurement.

1/2” higher and the fact that the splitter does not stick out as far as the 350R allows much better ground clean range. The reason for the 500 splitter design with the wickers was to achieve the required downforce while allowing for much better growing clearance than the R model.

Yep my R model was nice. Loved that car. Was sorry to lose it.

·
Registered
2022 GRABBER BLUE TRACK PACK
797 Posts
I mean, this color/stripe choice also may be a factor in the ADM here….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anytime someone posts eruption green especially a track pack on Facebook it gets crazy number of hearts and likes, people just love it. yeah I don't know what's going on in California but it does seem like dealers are more willing to negotiate, kind of strange since the 22s are coming to an end. who knows what the heck is going on in the market.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Base
263 Posts
anytime someone posts eruption green especially a track pack on Facebook it gets crazy number of hearts and likes, people just love it. yeah I don't know what's going on in California but it does seem like dealers are more willing to negotiate, kind of strange since the 22s are coming to an end. who knows what the heck is going on in the market.
I love the green, but the painted black on green does nothing for me for some reason. In any case, good news all around.

Reactions: AZ21GT500
5841 - 5860 of 5997 Posts