Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
5821 - 5840 of 5997 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,821 ·
okay guys got a fantastic deal here, dealer called me right now saying they could do 5K over sticker on a cftp eruption green with black painted stripes. MSRP is 109k, selling price 114k plus TTL. I don't need to tell you that this is quite good. a lot of tire kickers lately for deals I've posted. if you're serious hit me up. the car is in California.

View attachment 247726 View attachment 247727 View attachment 247728 View attachment 247729 View attachment 247730
Hell yeah that is a great deal. And in CA it's nails. Mine just got released or I would be all over this. Prices coming down.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Base
263 Posts
My car was released to Penske today for painted stripes.

Does anyone know the time from release to Penske to shipment (appx)?
Released to Penske?

So for sub-statuses ( that I just made up):
Released to Penske
In Transit to Penske (via truck)
Arrived Penske
Stripe Application In Progress
Released from Penske
In Transit to Flat Rock (from Penske via Truck)
Flat Rock Verification
Released from plant
Shipped via Convoy or Rail

That's what you have next, I'm sure folks can comment on times, but there's a couple places where it could skew the average.

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,824 ·
Released to Penske?

Released to Penske
Arrived Penske
Released from Penske
Flat Rock Verification
Released from plant

That's what you have next, I'm sure folks can comment on times, but there's a couple places where it could skew the average.
Oh it goes back again to Flat Rock? I did not know that. I am sure it takes a bit for all that.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Base
263 Posts
Oh it goes back again to Flat Rock? I did not know that. I am sure it takes a bit for all that.
If I’m wrong, someone please call me on it. But I’m 99% sure Flat Rock must release the car, they don’t let Penske release it. When CFTP’s make the Penske trip, they do it with spray painted metal wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 GT500HE CFTP Painted N0012
330 Posts
When CFTP’s make the Penske trip, they do it with spray painted metal wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When they are released to Penske, they have already left the Mod Shop, so if a CFTP, the wing is installed along with the carbon fiber wheels.

It takes 2 weeks for Penske to do their thing. Then it returns to the plant.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Released to Penske?

Released to Penske
Delay for truck pickup
Usually interrupted by traffic accidents / police activity / volcanic eruptions / etc...
Arrived Penske
Backlog queue of cars due to 5 or 6 people out due to COVID
(see 2 lines above) QA guy is out due to COVID for 7 days
Released from Penske
Truck for pickup diverted & delayed due to that damn volcano eruption again
Occasionally this delivery vehicle seems to temporarily fall off the map as if it was crossing the bermuda triangle
Flat Rock Verification
Police activity at holding lot causing delays for release due to other (hopefully not yours) GT500's stolen
Released from plant
Vehicle sits at holding lot for weeks pending an available railcar or truck to pick it up
TRUCK: recent delivery truck breakdowns have caused vehicles to sit on side of road waiting on mechanics
RAIL: that damn volcano has wreaked havoc with many tracks...could be weeks before trains can pass

Steven, you missed a couple.....I've added ^^^ them purely for thoroughness....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Fwiw, not sure if others have seen, I caught a Michigan local video on FB that showed the 2ea recovered cars from the theft earlier in the month, both GT500s…from what I could see, first one is an HE CFTP, and 2nd is a code O, black stripe car.

Definitely sucks :( I wonder how long it takes Ford to ascertain which VINs are gone, and to notify dealers. I sure would sleep a lot better at night if I at least knew one way or the other lol

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Heritage Edition (waiting delivery)
23 Posts
My black striped HE has been lost in the sauce for months. Went to Penske in July. Supposedly being delivered last week of this month. Not holding my breath. Blend of 6/16/22. No car in sight.

·
Super Moderator
3,281 Posts
My black striped HE has been lost in the sauce for months. Went to Penske in July. Supposedly being delivered last week of this month. Not holding my breath. Blend of 6/16/22. No car in sight.
It’s been said that the Penske trip can be 4 weeks at times. I’m not sure if that’s the case but it’s been reported by other members.

Reactions: TonyNJ

·
Super Moderator
3,281 Posts
Chassis N2382 has landed! Taking delivery of her on Saturday!

Blend 8/8
In Production 8/25
Built 8/29
Reached dealer 9/22

View attachment 247768
Mark Congratulations!!!! I know you have been painfully waiting! So glad it’s finally arrived.

Reactions: Jack1.1 and Quik5oh

·
Super Moderator
3,281 Posts
Thank you, Chris! Can't believe she's real, but more than worth the wait! :)
Just wait till you can pull some WOT’s and feel the back end waving everyone behind you BYE 😂

·
Registered
2022 HE GT500 CFTP N2382
253 Posts
Just wait till you can pull some WOT’s and feel the back end waving everyone behind you BYE 😂
Can't wait!

Hit the start button and man, she came to life like she was beyond excited to greet me, hahaha!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Chassis N2382 has landed! Taking delivery of her on Saturday!

Blend 8/8
In Production 8/25
Built 8/29
Reached dealer 9/22

Still has the suspension/spring spacers installed in this pic.

View attachment 247768
CONGRATS MARK!!!!! Maybe I’ll get to see her in person at Carlisle next year 🍻

5821 - 5840 of 5997 Posts