Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
5801 - 5820 of 5997 Posts

·
Registered
22 gt500 black roof, black stripes, tech, carbon pkg
243 Posts
One of the guys in the Facebook group had his stolen and recovered earlier in the year. After Flat Rock “inspected” the car, they gave him a couple under MSRP as a “sorry”.
Luckily mine was built today, we’ll see if they do a better job securing them this month.
No shit atleast the engine was broken in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Also, another Q for those who know - for the cars sitting for weeks outside in the holding pattern queue to be shipped, is anything placed in the windshields to protect the dash/interior from the sunlight exposure?

Lol… oh…you’re serious?
Yeah, I mean I feel like I already know the answer but I was hoping to be wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️😂 esp with then sitting potentially months outside.

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Registered
114 Posts
For the ones that were recovered, Ford will inspect/certify them and usually give you a discount.
For the ones that are not recovered, I would imagine you get an apology and an offer for a non GT500 for MY23. (Assuming they’re done scheduling 22’s)
As hard as it may be to hear, it’s not your car until you purchase it. If it’s missing/destroyed you may need to go lot surfing.

And no, nothing is added to protect against sunlight.
Oh I totally get that, it’s def not mine, I just figured since the dealership I assume has skin in the game since they ordered this car for themselves, wouldn’t ford just build another for them before production stops in November - if that’s feasible, of course.

Really more of me thinking out loud more than anything but I’m also wondering at which point I’ll hear a confirmation one way or another. Every day I don’t look for another increases the chances I miss the boat haha

·
Registered
114 Posts
They probably washed the cars after assembly in Dawn soap

Eh nothing a dealer does would shock me anyways lol 😂

• Haha

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Base
263 Posts
Oh I totally get that, it’s def not mine, I just figured since the dealership I assume has skin in the game since they ordered this car for themselves, wouldn’t ford just build another for them before production stops in November - if that’s feasible, of course.

Really more of me thinking out loud more than anything but I’m also wondering at which point I’ll hear a confirmation one way or another. Every day I don’t look for another increases the chances I miss the boat haha
When was the last time you had the dealer check the VVR? Still “Released”?

·
Registered
114 Posts
When was the last time you had the dealer check the VVR? Still “Released”?
Yeah, released on 8/31, still shows released as of today. Tracker showed an est arrival to dealer of 10/2-10/8. That’s all current as of today.

·
Registered
114 Posts
They don’t use Dawn but the porter might run it thru the Carwash lol

I’d almost be shocked if they didn’t lol

·
Registered
2022 GT500HE CFTP Painted N0012
330 Posts
One of the guys in the Facebook group had his stolen and recovered earlier in the year. After Flat Rock “inspected” the car, they gave him a couple under MSRP as a “sorry”.
Luckily mine was built today, we’ll see if they do a better job securing them this month.
Stolen cars will be sold as used. So couple thousand off, but they did not buy a “new car”.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Base
263 Posts
Stolen cars will be sold as used. So couple thousand off, but they did not buy a “new car”.
The Facebook OP never mentioned that in his saga of events, but makes sense.
Assume Ford becomes owner one?

·
Super Moderator
3,280 Posts
Wonder if it shows on the CARFAX

In AZ any stolen/recovered vehicle even if it has no damage if insurance paid anything out (even rekey or glass) it’s considered salvage rebuild and will be doomed with a salvage title. Not exactly sure how that would work if it’s stolen from the factory in Michigan 😂

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,815 ·
In AZ any stolen/recovered vehicle even if it has no damage if insurance paid anything out (even rekey or glass) it’s considered salvage rebuild and will be doomed with a salvage title. Not exactly sure how that would work if it’s stolen from the factory in Michigan 😂
I would never buy that if it was in the title.

·
Registered
2022 GT500HE CFTP Painted N0012
330 Posts
Wonder if it shows on the CARFAX

I’m sure it does. Despite being stole from the plant, the procedures that Ford gives the rail companies would most likely be the same.

“Reported Stolen units that are later recovered may not be sold as NEW and are required to go to auction.”

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Heritage/CFTP on order. Currently a 2016 Shelby F-150, in the past many vintage Shelbys.
48 Posts
Just as I was leaving town to go judge Corvettes at an NCRS meet, the dealer calls and says my HE CFTP TP Shelby has arrived unannounced at the dealership. So I will pick it up next week when I get home. Yes, there is a trend of them arriving when you leave town, so that must be a thing. Ordered March 30, built August 21, arrived in Santa Fe, NM yesterday. Not bad, shorter than the last 2 Corvettes I have ordered, and I get it at MSRP, just like the Corvettes. Life is good.

·
Registered
2022 Shelby GT 500 coming soon
58 Posts
Just as I was leaving town to go judge Corvettes at an NCRS meet, the dealer calls and says my HE CFTP TP Shelby has arrived unannounced at the dealership. So I will pick it up next week when I get home. Yes, there is a trend of them arriving when you leave town, so that must be a thing. Ordered March 30, built August 21, arrived in Santa Fe, NM yesterday. Not bad, shorter than the last 2 Corvettes I have ordered, and I get it at MSRP, just like the Corvettes. Life is good.
If that’s what it takes I’m ok with that I leave for vacation Monday bring it on!

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Base
263 Posts
Mine is in trim today, sounds like I should book a Vegas trip to speed up delivery.

Anyone know when Hertz should have the GT500H to drive? Would be fun to do a little drive in that before picking up mine.

• Haha

·
Registered
2022 GRABBER BLUE TRACK PACK
797 Posts
okay guys got a fantastic deal here, dealer called me right now saying they could do 5K over sticker on a cftp eruption green with black painted stripes. MSRP is 109k, selling price 114k plus TTL. I don't need to tell you that this is quite good. a lot of tire kickers lately for deals I've posted. if you're serious hit me up. the car is in California.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille
Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle Hood
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Car seat cover
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Font Parallel Magenta Elbow Pattern

5801 - 5820 of 5997 Posts