Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
1,768 Posts
Reactions: Nick Bonamase

·
Registered
2022 HE GT500 CFTP On Order
184 Posts
Since I did the CAI it’s been a bit cooler on the inside. Motor temps were around 220-230 but now they are 200-210
Interesting... Thought the coolant temps were supposed to be fairly rock steady around 200-210-ish. Sounds like the "overheating" tolerance is fairly high with the Predator. I certainly need to learn more about the Predator as I've been in SBF land for 25+ years! Just to confirm, you are referring to the coolant temps by mention of motor temp, correct? Did the CAI decrease the coolant temp or the air inlet temps?

Regardless, glad you figured out how to bring the temps down!

·
Registered
2022 Atlas Blue Shelby Ordered on 12/14/2022
76 Posts
WooHoo, just got my VIN number and car is in production. Ordered mid December!

·
Registered
2012 GT500 Shadow Black PP (Sold) 2022 GT500 Cyber Orange
410 Posts
Interesting... Thought the coolant temps were supposed to be fairly rock steady around 200-210-ish. Sounds like the "overheating" tolerance is fairly high with the Predator. I certainly need to learn more about the Predator as I've been in SBF land for 25+ years! Just to confirm, you are referring to the coolant temps by mention of motor temp, correct? Did the CAI decrease the coolant temp or the air inlet temps?

Regardless, glad you figured out how to bring the temps down!
The motor was around the 220 temp area. The air inlet temps helped a bit with the CAI. It did make the car run a bit cooler. My main worry with the car was getting it heat soaked

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
1,768 Posts
The motor was around the 220 temp area. The air inlet temps helped a bit with the CAI. It did make the car run a bit cooler. My main worry with the car was getting it heat soaked
Where are you reading the engine temp? Center of the dash or on the IC cluster? I use the center of the dash and I’ve never seen 220 even when I’m absolutely pounding it on the straight line crushing the hopes and dreams of hellcat owners. I’ve done a couple back to back hit’s with like 3-5 minutes between. Never seen 220. If your watching the IC and head temps those may rise up to 220 I don’t watch mine. I guess I know what I’m doing tonight 😂

EDIT: I went out for about 45 minutes to a spot I can have some fun and really hammer down.My drive out was 10 minutes I did 5 launches hard couple minutes between cool off driving. Total about 45/50 minutes of really hard driving and these are the highest temps I had. Drove home I could still smell the rear tires 😂😂 outside was 104-109 temp varying on the testing 38% humidity.
Speedometer Gauge Motor vehicle Odometer Car

Vehicle Car Speedometer Automotive design Gauge

·
Registered
22 GT500 ordered
8 Posts
Guys......allow me to take this one.

Peter,
You will have a window between 10 days after built to maybe around 70 days after. It will likely change multiple times. Your hopes & dreams will be on a rollercoaster. Your finger will be numb from refreshing the order tracking site. You will go thru multiple stages of depression, anger, and Euphoria. But in the end......you will be in heaven.
Lol ! I already been there before I received a VIN and built date 🤓. Just to know I don’t have to hurry fixing my driveway 🤣

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Base
151 Posts
Still no signs of my order so decided to buy a 2022 Explorer ST last Monday. I am very happy
September Scheduling is over, October is 150 base cars only.
No one should be holding out hope at this point.

Glad you were able to get something that makes you happy!

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Mischievous Purple CFTP vin 1214 on order
131 Posts
September Scheduling is over, October is 150 base cars only.
No one should be holding out hope at this point.

Glad you were able to get something that makes you happy!
Does anyone happen to know how many were scheduled for September? I’m just curious, I tried looking through a couple of the “Ford Video Guy’s” videos on YouTube but couldn’t find anything.

Mike

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Base
151 Posts
Does anyone happen to know how many were scheduled for September? I’m just curious, I tried looking through a couple of the “Ford Video Guy’s” videos on YouTube but couldn’t find anything.

Mike
I re-watched every scheduling video he did, and he skipped GT500 a couple months. I sent him a nice email asking if he would be able to pull the missing months for data purposes. If he replies with anything helpful I’ll share here.

·
Registered
'22 GT500 Shadow Black
44 Posts
I've put a couple miles on her since she got home.

Things I've learned:

The Rev Limiter comes Quick in low gears
This chassis puts the power down in an obscene way
The brakes are absolutely silly (1.5 in larger than my first cars wheels lol)
It has a stereo and infotainment ... I'll never use them

*Edit:
Fuel goes FAST

·
Registered
706 Posts
I re-watched every scheduling video he did, and he skipped GT500 a couple months. I sent him a nice email asking if he would be able to pull the missing months for data purposes. If he replies with anything helpful I’ll share here.
Haha, ditto & I sent him an email also few days ago. Someone mentioned he supposedly previously mentioned Sept numbers but if he did we both missed it. I was curious if MAYBE his Oct 150 was for Sept?

·
Registered
706 Posts
It has a stereo and infotainment ... I'll never use them
I have yet to discover this stereo/infotainment thing you speak of. My hands seems to gravitate to the exhaust button after every time I start the car.

Do you remember this commercial?
I feel like this every day……Except ours sounds significantly better

4941 - 4960 of 4992 Posts