Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
3401 - 3420 of 3491 Posts

·
Registered
2022 HE GT500 CFTP On Order
126 Posts
Checked with Ford Performance Chat.. does the dealer get it before?
I believe the dealer is the only one that will provide a VIN number, but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone in the know will confirm.

• Helpful
Reactions: rxsamg

·
Registered
2020 Kona Blue CFTP, painted stripes, tech pack
126 Posts
Well it wasn’t supposed to arrive until July 7th but look what showed up today! The dealer had no prior notice it was being delivered today and they had just checked with Ford yesterday and it still showed July 7th. But she’s delivered and I’m a happy camper. There’s hope guys, stay strong.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Hood Motor vehicle Grille Automotive design Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Premium Member
'22 GT500 Heritage on order
155 Posts
Well it wasn’t supposed to arrive until July 7th but look what showed up today! The dealer had no prior notice it was being delivered today and they had just checked with Ford yesterday and it still showed July 7th. But she’s delivered and I’m a happy camper. There’s hope guys, stay strong.
Congrats, looks great. I'm really regretting not going with the painted stripes.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Heritage Edition on Order
100 Posts
Happy VIN day to everyone getting build dates today! Happy for all of you, now the real wait with anticipation starts (you think up to now was tough, hahahaha) Everyone else, keep the faith.
I say this now, but seeing people get their cars delivered and production weeks scheduled and you're sitting here like is it going to happen or not is probably a worse feeling. At least when I have a VIN, I know that it will be coming and then it is just anticipation instead of anticipation, disappointment, frustration, and envy.
No VIN for me :( ... Do they release VINs all day or is the scheduling over with now?
Do you have a production week?

·
Registered
2022 GT500 Base
25 Posts
I believe the dealer is the only one that will provide a VIN number, but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone in the know will confirm.
You are correct, FP will not provide VINs to customers, must check with dealer.

·
Registered
2022 HE GT500 CFTP On Order
126 Posts
GREAT DAY!
Moved to Priority 1
VIN assigned
Build week August 8th
Congrats!

As long as dates don't get shifted around (which they likely will), looks like our cars will be built during the same week.

·
Registered
2012 GT500 Shadow Black PP (Sold) 2022 GT500 Cyber Orange (In Production)
301 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
I would say call both Ford Performance and your dealership. I called FP and they said no VIN, but when I called my dealership they looked in the system and said congrats here is your VIN. So you might have better luck with the dealership.
Never call FP to get a VIN. They will never give out that info. Always the dealer & ask for a Vehicle Visibility Report. That’s basically a complete up to date history of your entire order process real time.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500
32 Posts
Well it wasn’t supposed to arrive until July 7th but look what showed up today! The dealer had no prior notice it was being delivered today and they had just checked with Ford yesterday and it still showed July 7th. But she’s delivered and I’m a happy camper. There’s hope guys, stay strong. View attachment 238884 View attachment 238885 View attachment 238886
Holy cow these pictures are beautiful. I’m glad the dealership didn’t take any of the wrapping or stickers off. That’s half the fun when it’s brand spanking new!

·
Registered
448 Posts
That might backfire on you. I run a smaller trucking company, so I've never done this myself, but I hear all the time from other dispatchers while shooting the shit say that they have those one or two people they deal with that are just giant pains in the ass and they will make them wait as long as possible. I would stretch that out to every 2 or so days
The trucking companies should start taking front of the line “donations”… how bad do you want it 😂

·
Registered
448 Posts
Happy VIN day to everyone getting build dates today! Happy for all of you, now the real wait with anticipation starts (you think up to now was tough, hahahaha) Everyone else, keep the faith.
Going to check in tomorrow to see. Not getting my hopes up for a VIN. So does this mean for the most part if you didn’t get a VIN today . You’re now looking at the earliest of a sept build date?

3401 - 3420 of 3491 Posts