Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2434 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Has anyone received any information on ‘22 orders? If someone gets new info please post.

Edited in by moderator from @Snoopy49

If you want to confirm that your order is in the order bank, contact Ford Performance.

Here is the contact info for FP. They will be able to help you find out your cars current status.

(800) 367-3788 (Option 1)

Make sure you title the e-mail as GT500 Status Check and include the last 8 of your VIN in the body of the message. Example: (P5500001) or if you don't have a VIN, you will need the Order Number and Dealer/Sales Code, these will be on the Vehicle Order Confirmation, which you should have received when you placed your order or the Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement, which you should have received the day after your order was placed.

Ford Performance Info Center Inbox [email protected]

If you would prefer to chat, Contact - Ford Performance Parts . Click on Chat.

·
Registered
22 gt500 black roof, black stripes, tech, carbon pkg
60 Posts
I posted in the other thread what message I got when ordering my GT500 it hasn’t moved and no allocation so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Base Heritage Edition, Tech and Handling Packages
184 Posts
I put my order in last week, I think I posted about it on another thread but the dealer told me that they anticipate getting some allocations the week after Christmas. Once they have allocations available the orders in the system will be picked up and scheduled for production. Supposed to get email verification once the order is in place. How they decide the order of production given there are probably a ton of pre orders I have no idea. Sounds like some of it revolves around the regional sales manager/dealer relationship. Plus there are a bunch of us with cancelled 21 orders who were told we have a little bit of priority, whether that happens also seems to be decided by regional managers.

·
Registered
2022 HE (#1) Unscheduled Material Hold, 2022 HE (#2) Unscheduled Clean
49 Posts
I was told by a north Kansas City dealer that the start of GT500 production is 3/21/22. Allocations were to start in mid January.

·
Registered
2021 F150
224 Posts
I was told by a north Kansas City dealer that the start of GT500 production is 3/21/22. Allocations were to start in mid January.
I have an order ‘floating around in Ford world’ but this to me seems more realistic. I don’t believe for people like me and others there is anything guaranteed yet. Even if you have an order in and your dealer doesn’t have allocation yet (I don’t think any do right now) what do you really have? Nothing.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an order ‘floating around in Ford world’ but this to me seems more realistic. I don’t believe for people like me and others there is anything guaranteed yet. Even if you have an order in and your dealer doesn’t have allocation yet (I don’t think any do right now) what do you really have? Nothing.
Yeah. It’s not an “order”. I think it would be more appropriately described as a “Kindly request for the privilege of being given the right to place an order.” My dealer said “order placed” but it became clear after doing my research this language was inaccurate. And given my requested build (Heritage Edition) dealer not even guaranteed to be allowed to do it. I am afraid that after all this waiting the request to order HE will be denied. I also thought about changing to painted stripes for the HE but that could also cause the order to be canceled bc dealer may not have golden ticket.
I wish this was an easier less painful process. I guess this is what it’s like for a rare, highly desirable car. I wouldn’t know. I am a Honda guy for years. YOLO

·
Registered
2021 F150
224 Posts
Yeah. It’s not an “order”. I think it would be more appropriately described as a “Kindly request for the privilege of being given the right to place an order.” My dealer said “order placed” but it became clear after doing my research this language was inaccurate. And given my requested build (Heritage Edition) dealer not even guaranteed to be allowed to do it. I am afraid that after all this waiting the request to order HE will be denied. I also thought about changing to painted stripes for the HE but that could also cause the order to be canceled bc dealer may not have golden ticket.
I wish this was an easier less painful process. I guess this is what it’s like for a rare, highly desirable car. I wouldn’t know. I am a Honda guy for years. YOLO
I just tell people don’t get your hopes up no matter what you heard or have been told by ANYBODY. Look how Ford canceled cars with people that had VIN’s. Used to be if you had a VIN you were golden. Not today.
As I stated before if they make these cars I don’t look for any to hit the ground in numbers before LATE spring early summer. Does one or two trickle out in April sure. The Roushes, PBD dyno types, Ford Family and friends, Livernois, charity auction type MAY get a car but for the 99% don’t hold your breath or count on anything.
As for Honda have you been to a dealer as of late? I was at my local dealer (smaller) last month they had a total of 3 new Hondas available. The entire dealership 3 new unspoken for cars. As bad as Ford is they are doing better than Nissan, Subaru, and Honda right now.

·
Registered
2022 Base Heritage Edition, Tech and Handling Packages
184 Posts
From everything I have read and heard through the grapevine so far, I don’t believe a base HE car is going to be limited in numbers, other than what Ford will allocate to dealers for the year. Adding the CFTP or painted stripe is a different story since they are already limited. Will see what actually happens, still lots of stuff carrying over from 21, supply chain issues, etc. I’m in Michigan and keep hearing that Ford Flat Rock plant is still in trouble with the city due to the leak that shut things down last fall

·
Registered
2022 HE (#1) Unscheduled Material Hold, 2022 HE (#2) Unscheduled Clean
49 Posts
I am number 4 at my dealership, I look at it like, I filled out a form for what I wanted, but it’s like I am 4th outside Best Buy waiting to rush in and buy the big screen TV. Will I get one? Only if they have at least 4 or more.
I heard more about the Broncos as if you order a stripped down one, you might get it in a week, if you loaded one up from 2021, it still has no production date. So there is lots of rumors and mis-info out there. Let’s hope they give us some solid info after Christmas.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray CFTP
255 Posts
this was part of my decision making on buying the 2021 I found. What if the HE I ordered does not go through. The dealer said mine was the first they ordered and it is priority 10. They always get 2 a year. A customer that had an order for a 2021 got canceled, also put in an order for a 2022 but it was after mine. Dealer said mine went in a week before theirs. So best case scenario my HE gets produced and I will sell my 2021 and buy the 2022 HE at the negotiated price I locked in. Second best thing it doesn’t and I keep my 2021. Seemed like a win/win.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man. That sucks. I have not been to a Honda dealer. My wife needs a new suv. Regular ass Acura is $5000 over msrp. I ain’t paying that but I guess the trade in is worth that much extra and more in this market. I just cannot believe the market can bare this. So much fake money floating around people just don’t care. It’s weird. When will it crash? I figure the market for utilitarian cars is going to be flooded at some point if it’s mainly a chip shortage. All those cars just sitting waiting for chips. Who knows. I just want my dream car and I don’t want to be told in four months “sorry we can’t get it actually.” I will be sad. Fist world sorrows.

Reactions: 2112

·
Registered
2021 F150
224 Posts
Man. That sucks. I have not been to a Honda dealer. My wife needs a new suv. Regular ass Acura is $5000 over msrp. I ain’t paying that but I guess the trade in is worth that much extra and more in this market. I just cannot believe the market can bare this. So much fake money floating around people just don’t care. It’s weird. When will it crash? I figure the market for utilitarian cars is going to be flooded at some point if it’s mainly a chip shortage. All those cars just sitting waiting for chips. Who knows. I just want my dream car and I don’t want to be told in four months “sorry we can’t get it actually.” I will be sad. Fist world sorrows.
There is no such thing as fake money- well at the way we print probably so the more i think about it but thats a different issue. Don’t swallow all the ALT right lies (there are more ALT left lies). There is no stimulus money, no unemployment bonus, no more child tax credit checks going out (that wasn’t free it was just an advancement on you CTC from your income tax).
What you are seeing is the effect of supply and demand. What we learned in 5th grade. less cars to be sold higher prices, lots filled with cars lower prices. That’s it no chips, sickness, suppliers cut back, ship not coming to port- no cars Built.
Don’t count on a dream car in this environment. If you get it jump for joy.
FYI I have seen ADM on Hyundai’s.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
There is no such thing as fake money- well at the way we print probably so the more i think about it but thats a different issue. Don’t swallow all the ALT right lies (there are more ALT left lies). There is no stimulus money, no unemployment bonus, no more child tax credit checks going out (that wasn’t free it was just an advancement on you CTC from your income tax).
What you are seeing is the effect of supply and demand. What we learned in 5th grade. less cars to be sold higher prices, lots filled with cars lower prices. That’s it no chips, sickness, suppliers cut back, ship not coming to port- no cars Built.
Don’t count on a dream car in this environment. If you get it jump for joy.
FYI I have seen ADM on Hyundai’s.
I don’t know about alt right or left. I don’t watch any news and have no social media. I do read the newspaper. It’s a supply and demand issue, but the demand part is exacerbated by ridiculous unnecessary reckless stimulus. People have a ton of extra money at virtually every income level due to the government throwing pallets of stimulus into the economy for going on three years.

The demand for things like this ($100,000 sports car) is exacerbated by massive stimulus. I assure you this has a lot to do with it. People see their home “value” double and their stock portfolio do the same and they go out and (try) to buy a car like this. Some paying $25k+ over sticker. It is not that the economy is suddenly booming and we are so much more productive now. The opposite is true. But the government has saturated the economy with fake money (ie they are borrowing money to keep infusing the economy with massive new sums of dollars). Those extra dollars have nowhere to go and in many respects are being used for non essential things. Every house on my street has had some major renovation done during this pandemic when unemployment has gone up dramatically and GDP has dropped like a rock!! The problems are being exacerbated by irresponsible government fiscal decisions.

Way off topic but the idea that fake money isn’t a major contributor might be seen by some as a bit glib. Dismissing it as a simple supply and demand 5th grade issue is easy but wrong. We do not live in anything close to a free market economy. It’s not that simple. We live in an economy where the government is allowed to step in and stimulate every time there is a downturn. This is the new normal in America. Govt bailouts are now the rule.

Reactions: Russell

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just like there are ’21 units floating around on dealers lots looking for a new r, In a year or two from now ‘22 units will be on dealers lot looking for a new owner . Rather than wait perhaps some of you might buy an existing unit that is your exact or close to your exact specification- drive now and enjoy. If something comes out in a future model year that you have to have , you sell then and get your next one then. Doubtful pandemic pricing will be gone in a year so you really don’t have anything to lose except time but not enjoying this incredibly freaking awesome car !

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray CFTP
255 Posts
Just like there are ’21 units floating around on dealers lots looking for a new r, In a year or two from now ‘22 units will be on dealers lot looking for a new owner . Rather than wait perhaps some of you might buy an existing unit that is your exact or close to your exact specification- drive now and enjoy. If something comes out in a future model year that you have to have , you sell then and get your next one then. Doubtful pandemic pricing will be gone in a year so you really don’t have anything to lose except time but not enjoying this incredibly freaking awesome car !
couldn't agree more with this post. Just search around and try to negotiate a better price. Some dealerships, especially the smaller town ones, don't want to sit on these cars too long. The dealer I bought my car from actually bugged me for 3 weeks to buy theirs. The smaller towns don't have nearly as many buyers. Just window shoppers. I just looked up through Ford.com and searched the dealerships inventory around my area and found it and then called them about it to see what the mark up was.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,418 Posts
When I first ordered a 2020 through a small dealer, we submitted a CFTP order. We knew right away that the order was rejected. They did not have an allocation for one. We then submitted the base model order, which was listed as Unscheduled Material Hold (valid order). Of course anything can happen now in these chaotic times, but if your order is listed as mine, you should be good. Call Ford Performance to confirm your order went through.

After I received the base model, I later found a dealer with a CFTP order and made the switch.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When I first ordered a 2020 through a small dealer, we submitted a CFTP order. We knew right away that the order was rejected. They did not have an allocation for one. We then submitted the base model order, which was listed as Unscheduled Material Hold (valid order). Of course anything can happen now in these chaotic times, but if your order is listed as mine, you should be good. Call Ford Performance to confirm your order went through.

After I received the base model, I later found a dealer with a CFTP order and made the switch.

I called ford performance. They said the order was in the system but I thought it could be canceled still if it has not been “picked up.” If there are I allocations yet who knows if a HE can be rejected like a CFTP would or a painted stripes? I know I have an allocation as I am the only person in line at my dealer, he is guaranteed one for being part of the Shelby program and he told me it’s mine. It’s a small dealer though and they only sold two last year. That’s why I didn’t opt for painted stripes or CFTP as I felt their chances of getting one were low. Well that and the extra $28,500! I won’t track it so the CFTP was not necessary for me. But I would like painted stripes for the HE as I think that would be worth a little more down the line v the stickers.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2021 F150
224 Posts
I don’t know about alt right or left. I don’t watch any news and have no social media. I do read the newspaper. It’s a supply and demand issue, but the demand part is exacerbated by ridiculous unnecessary reckless stimulus. People have a ton of extra money at virtually every income level due to the government throwing pallets of stimulus into the economy for going on three years.

The demand for things like this ($100,000 sports car) is exacerbated by massive stimulus. I assure you this has a lot to do with it. People see their home “value” double and their stock portfolio do the same and they go out and (try) to buy a car like this. Some paying $25k+ over sticker. It is not that the economy is suddenly booming and we are so much more productive now. The opposite is true. But the government has saturated the economy with fake money (ie they are borrowing money to keep infusing the economy with massive new sums of dollars). Those extra dollars have nowhere to go and in many respects are being used for non essential things. Every house on my street has had some major renovation done during this pandemic when unemployment has gone up dramatically and GDP has dropped like a rock!! The problems are being exacerbated by irresponsible government fiscal decisions.

Way off topic but the idea that fake money isn’t a major contributor might be seen by some as a bit glib. Dismissing it as a simple supply and demand 5th grade issue is easy but wrong. We do not live in anything close to a free market economy. It’s not that simple. We live in an economy where the government is allowed to step in and stimulate every time there is a downturn. This is the new normal in America. Govt bailouts are now the rule.
A lot of what you said is true and your insight on inflated home values and markets holds a lot of water but the demand exacerbated by ridiculous unnecessary reckless stimulus doesn’t apply to the automotive industry because there is hardly anything being made to be sold. We all know it’s shortages in all the supply chains. Your portfolio or every one of your neighbors homes had nothing to do with the chip plant in Japan catching fire or Covid shutting down chip plants in Malaysia.

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
8,767 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, that reference to a side impact air bag recall on the 2021 should freeze any sales for 2021 cars sitting on dealer lots pending a fix.

It's possible this could delay 2022 production as well. This is sort of a developing issue.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A lot of what you said is true and your insight on inflated home values and markets holds a lot of water but the demand exacerbated by ridiculous unnecessary reckless stimulus doesn’t apply to the automotive industry because there is hardly anything being made to be sold. We all know it’s shortages in all the supply chains. Your portfolio or every one of your neighbors homes had nothing to do with the chip plant in Japan catching fire or Covid shutting down chip plants in Malaysia.
My point, inarticulately made—as is my practice at on Internet forums, was that the demand spike is not SIMPLY the result of the shortage but is ALSO influenced by the complete lack of financial contraction we should have during a worldwide shutdown and corespondent decline in productivity. In times like these we should see demand also go down since people ARE NOT WORKING but we have not. We have seen it go up. This is because most of us (me included) have seen our paper wealth increase dramatically as a direct result of government fiscal intervention. The reason I decided to buy this car is because I have “Made” a shit ton of money in the stock market DURING A PANDEMIC!!! I mean, that’s just silly. I have benefited a lot from this irresponsible government intervention. I am not giving the money back. I am just saying it’s not a good thing to make wealthy people more wealthy for no reason at all. I didn’t do anything. I just sold stocks that were inflated in value by the government’s quantitative easing policies. I am now in the market for a car I would not have otherwise purchased (I have always had very practical cars but with this newfound unearned capital might as well have a little fun). I am happy I can afford the car but PART of the reason I can’t get one is beicase a lot of people are like me and now have a bunch of unearned disposable income because the government has and continues to mess with the economy so that even the rich don’t feel any financial pain during a pandemic. I just thinks it’s weird. I am all for keeping people fed and housed during a crisis. That is what the government should do. Making rich people more rich by infusing the economy with borrowed yen is not smart, though, even if it makes it so I can buy a Shelby.

I do hope I can get my car!!!
And thanks for being polite and not being rude about it. This is a nice group of people it’s clear.

1 - 20 of 2434 Posts