Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
474 Posts
^ +1 Especially if you're over 5'2" and 110lbs. On the other side of it, If you're 6'4 or taller and Less than 118lbs you might be able to fit nice. Everyone in between is lying to themselves. 💩 :ROFLMAO:
I’m not gonna lie and say they are the best seat for bigger fellas but I’m 5’9” and “well North” of two bills and the only part that bothers me is the thigh bolsters.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
393 Posts
Eh, I'm not a small guy at 6'2 ~ 200lbs and I find them to be some of the most comfortable seats I've ever had. 🤷‍♂️

Drove to southern FL and back (450mi round trip) the same day. Would have happily turned around and done it again without any discomfort. Not a bad idea to sit in a Recaro optioned car first if you're really big though.

·
Registered
2020 GT350R Heritage
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I didn’t have to pay markup. The dealer explained that once the order bank opens he will apply my choices to that allocation. We did fill out a form and used 2021 ordering form which will be converted once order banks open. He was certain that 10/14 will open to order

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,254 Posts
^ +1 Especially if you're over 5'2" and 110lbs. On the other side of it, If you're 6'4 or taller and Less than 118lbs you might be able to fit nice. Everyone in between is lying to themselves. 💩 :ROFLMAO:
I’m pushing 6-2 and about 185. The high bolstered Recaros are not enough to keep me locked down at the track. These cars are capable of crazy cornering Gs. This is what drove me to installing a roll bar and a harness.

I fit comfortably in the Recaros, but I wouldn’t want to drive cross country in one.

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Registered
2020 GT-500 CFTP
66 Posts
Hello everyone!
The local dealer gave me their allocation to order a 2022 GT500. I really like the Oxford white. I think the white and black combo are really nice. I am asking for your advice on the usable options to order so I can keep the price low. I really want to drive the car as often as possible without any worries. The only option that I must have is recaro seats and I am thinking about the black roof. Is the other options a must? Any help from your experiences is much appreciated
Hello everyone!
The local dealer gave me their allocation to order a 2022 GT500. I really like the Oxford white. I think the white and black combo are really nice. I am asking for your advice on the usable options to order so I can keep the price low. I really want to drive the car as often as possible without any worries. The only option that I must have is recaro seats and I am thinking about the black roof. Is the other options a must? Any help from your experiences is much appreciated
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Just for reference-here is a black painted roof car with ( Big Worm) matte blk stripes…

·
Registered
2014, GT500, PP & TP, Cortex suspension
210 Posts
Here’s my take. I wanted to have the handling pack, tech pack, and carbon fiber interior. But, I’ve since replaced the carbon fiber interior and I’m about to do a full audio upgrade with multiple amps. Did I waste my money? Not really, the tech pack has other things I wanted to include BLIS and others. I wanted the handing pack cause I like the look of the wickers and gurney flap but I sold the oil separator and instead installed a UPR one.
Recaros are nice but not great for distance comfort. I prefer the look of the recaros over the base so I deal with it.
Vinyls stripes from Ford are garbage. Order it without them and then use that money to get high quality stripes with much better vinyl that actually wraps the edges. Or, stay stripeless like I did!
This seems like good advice. I looked at a CFTP with painted stripes and realize that the 28,500 and any ADM with a sales tax to boot would cost around $33,000-43,000 extra! What fun stuff could be done for a fraction of that pricing?

·
Registered
2020 GT500
393 Posts
This seems like good advice. I looked at a CFTP with painted stripes and realize that the 28,500 and any ADM with a sales tax to boot would cost around $33,000-43,000 extra! What fun stuff could be done for a fraction of that pricing?
Depending on your intended use of the car, around half of that would get you to a reliable ~1100rwhp if that happens to be your jam. :)

·
Registered
2014, GT500, PP & TP, Cortex suspension
210 Posts
Depending on your intended use of the car, around half of that would get you to a reliable ~1100rwhp if that happens to be your jam. :)
Ding, Ding, Ding. That is my jam.

Reactions: SnakeCollector

·
Registered
2020 GT-500 CFTP
66 Posts
Thank you for the reference, looks nice. Do you still like your choice or feel different now that you have it for a while?
Just tried to do a little something different without going over the top…I love everything about the car…except the gas mileage..🤣🤣🤣… just kidding..(Shelby=Stripes)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think the tech package and handling package are must haves.

Tech package gives you the better stereo and blind spot mirrors.

Handling package - the big things for me is the oil/air spectator. That should come standard on this engine. Oh well - it is not a huge cost.

D.
What did you replace the carbon dash pieces with? and are they for sale?

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
474 Posts
Did you mean to quote me on this? I mentioned I removed mine and are for sale.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Premium Member
2021 Ford GT 500 Shelby Ford Performance Blue
35 Posts
Definitely get the Recaros if you're planning to actually drive the car as intended. The base seats don't hold you in place at all in corners. That would probably be my one option I would NOT get the car without.

I went with all options minus CFTP and painted stripes on mine and I've been very happy with my decision. Haven't seen black factory vinyl stripes up close yet but mine (white) aren't bad at all. Much better than most vinyl shop jobs I've seen.
I agree 100 percent when I first got my car the Recaros were very stiff and I didnt fit to well but now about 4 months later they fit me perfectly and they really do help keep you in place in the corners, the handling of this car is incredible and you will find yourself going faster in the corners. Mine has all the options except the handling package and I think they did a great job on the stripes there straight and look great!

·
Premium Member
2021 Ford GT 500 Shelby Ford Performance Blue
35 Posts
My favorite option is definitely the electronics package the CD player is awesome and the stereo is awesome its really great being able to pop in a CD because most cars dont have one anymore! And the cobra puddle is awesome really cool!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
My favorite option is definitely the electronics package the CD player is awesome and the stereo is awesome its really great being able to pop in a CD because most cars dont have one anymore! And the cobra puddle is awesome really cool!
I haven’t used the CD player since I can stream any song/album from my iPhone to the stereo.

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
8,063 Posts
What exactly do you get in the tech pkg?
Are the vinyl stripes that bad?
From the 2021 order guide:
Technology Package
• B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen, 12-Speakers including Subwoofer in-trunk
• BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
• Mirrors – Heated, Memory, Turn Signal and Cobra Puddle Lamps
• Power 6-way Driver Seat with three (3) memory settings Note: Included when ordered with Leather-trimmed Sport Seat
• Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with Pinch-to-Zoom Capability, SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link®
Note: SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link® includes a five (5)-year prepaid subscription. SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link® service is not available in Alaska and Hawaii
Note: After your trial period ends, Sirius XM audio and data services each require a subscription sold separately, or as a package, by SiriusXM Radio Inc. See SiriusXM Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. All fees and programming subject to change. Trial subscriptions not available in Alaska and Hawaii.

I just noticed the 5 year travel link subscription when I added this car to my Sirius subscription.

·
Registered
2021 F150
19 Posts
Thanks for the reply’s. Like others I’m sure just waiting for the 22MY order banks to open. My deal has been made, my 2 trades taken in and signed over so now its just the waiting game and doing final research.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts