Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT350R Heritage
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
The local dealer gave me their allocation to order a 2022 GT500. I really like the Oxford white. I think the white and black combo are really nice. I am asking for your advice on the usable options to order so I can keep the price low. I really want to drive the car as often as possible without any worries. The only option that I must have is recaro seats and I am thinking about the black roof. Is the other options a must? Any help from your experiences is much appreciated

·
Registered
2020 Kona Blue CFTP, painted stripes, tech pack
17 Posts
First decide how much you want to spend or can afford (you probably already know or ask the dealer to run some payment scenarios). A few extra thousand upfront is usually softened by a four/five year payment plan, in other words, that extra option won‘t make that big of a payment change over 60 payments. First, if your driving it everyday, then get the Tech package with nice upgrades for your enjoyment. The engine is standard so the best part of the car comes with the base price. If you’re never going to track or auto cross the car, then no need for the carbon fiber wheels option or the higher priced carbon fiber track pack. So then it’s down to stripes. Yes or no. The tape stripes on top are about $1200 and the side stripes are extra few hundred as well. They dress up the car but they are not for everyone. Remember, they are just cosmetic and can peel off in certain situations. No need for painted stripes if you’re on a budget. Painted stripes are beautiful but very expensive at $10k. If you’re really on a tight budge, then go with the tech package and little else. You’ll get a monster street car and won’t spend another $20k to $30k on things you won’t use. You still get the track experience no matter what you add. Have fun and enjoy the process. Get everything in writing with your dealer because there’s plenty of stories where dealers have puled the rug out from buyers who thought they had an allocation secured.

·
Registered
2021 Black on order.
74 Posts
Mine has no options. If I wasn't planning on an aftermarket stereo I'd have gotten the Tech package.

·
Registered
2020 GT350R White. 2021 GT500 CFTP Race Red
59 Posts
I think the tech package and handling package are must haves.

Tech package gives you the better stereo and blind spot mirrors.

Handling package - the big things for me is the oil/air spectator. That should come standard on this engine. Oh well - it is not a huge cost.

D.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
464 Posts
Here’s my take. I wanted to have the handling pack, tech pack, and carbon fiber interior. But, I’ve since replaced the carbon fiber interior and I’m about to do a full audio upgrade with multiple amps. Did I waste my money? Not really, the tech pack has other things I wanted to include BLIS and others. I wanted the handing pack cause I like the look of the wickers and gurney flap but I sold the oil separator and instead installed a UPR one.
Recaros are nice but not great for distance comfort. I prefer the look of the recaros over the base so I deal with it.
Vinyls stripes from Ford are garbage. Order it without them and then use that money to get high quality stripes with much better vinyl that actually wraps the edges. Or, stay stripeless like I did!

Reactions: 03kbredfire

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
4,033 Posts
" usable options to order so I can keep the price low. "
Set a budget, see what you can fit into it.
.............( not the way I buy a car, I can either afford toys or not )

·
Registered
2020 GT500
393 Posts
Definitely get the Recaros if you're planning to actually drive the car as intended. The base seats don't hold you in place at all in corners. That would probably be my one option I would NOT get the car without.

I went with all options minus CFTP and painted stripes on mine and I've been very happy with my decision. Haven't seen black factory vinyl stripes up close yet but mine (white) aren't bad at all. Much better than most vinyl shop jobs I've seen.

·
Registered
2020 GT350R Heritage
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for taking the time to reply!
I was trying to get some insight based on your personal experiences and the value that options bring to daily driving. I already own a 2020 gt350r HE fully optioned. It has the B&O, tech package, nav, CF dash etc.. The tech package and stereo I don’t find much value with the R. The sound of the engine(I always keep it in S/T mode overpowers everything and that’s the sound I rather listen. The GT500 could be different, I yet to check one out locally or drive inside the cabin. The recaros are a must, the stripes are a no (I can always do after with matte finish high end vinyl which I did to my ‘14 GT500.
Does the handling pack or CF package make a difference to daily driving?
Thank you again!!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,176 Posts
First off, congrats on securing your dealer’s allocation! You are going to love the car!

Ordering one of these on a budget, here is what I would order:

-Base, non-handling package. Add the oil separator later for $400.
-Get the Recaros and tech package. The tech package stereo sounds great and the puddle lamps are just cool!
-Skip the stripes and painted roof. Do either or both with aftermarket vinyl.

·
Registered
2020 GT350R Heritage
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for your thoughts, You are all great 😊
I know the car will be customized later to make it personal so I can leave my options open.
I ordered it today. OW with black roof and recaro seats.. the dealer took my deposit. It’s a waiting game now.

·
Registered
2021 GT500
502 Posts
I would sit in a car with Recaros if you’ve never been in them. It’s enough for me to sometimes question why I went away from the base model.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,176 Posts
Thank you for your thoughts, You are all great 😊
I know the car will be customized later to make it personal so I can leave my options open.
I ordered it today. OW with black roof and recaro seats.. the dealer took my deposit. It’s a waiting game now.
Congrats!

Are the 2022 order banks open now? I hadn’t heard that they are.

·
Registered
2020 GT350R Heritage
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats!

Are the 2022 order banks open now? I hadn’t heard that they are.
The dealer explained that they should open by 10/14 and they’ll enter the order at that time. They charged my card for a deposit to secure the allocation. They had three allocations and the other two were spoken for, mine was the the third.

·
Registered
2021 GT500
502 Posts
The dealer explained that they should open by 10/14 and they’ll enter the order at that time. They charged my card for a deposit to secure the allocation. They had three allocations and the other two were spoken for, mine was the the third.
Congrats on getting in on an allocation! Did you have to pay a markup?

Another site posted 2022 Mustang order info, but nothing was released for the GT500. Wonder if your dealer has inside info?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,176 Posts
Outstanding!

We have heard various rumors with nothing official. The last I heard was regular Mustang order banks are opening this month, but the GT500 order banks might open early next year… like Jan/Feb timeframe.

In any event, congrats on securing an allocation!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,176 Posts
Hopefully they don't open up that late, I want to order a 22 also!
You have a 2021… what are you getting differently next time?

·
Premium Member
2021 Antimatter Blue
85 Posts
Skip the recaros… standard seats with heat /cool are more enjoyable for everyday driving.
^ +1 Especially if you're over 5'2" and 110lbs. On the other side of it, If you're 6'4 or taller and Less than 118lbs you might be able to fit nice. Everyone in between is lying to themselves. 💩 :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts