Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GT500HE CFTP Painted N0012
192 Posts
I agree 100% I'm not a fan of the Brittany Blue either. I could have ordered any options I wanted and went with a base car in Atlas Blue with white vinyl side and hood stripes, standard seats. The only option is the carbon fiber IP. I paid 90K including tax and could easily get over 100K tomorrow.
If you ordered your car from a dealership, then it was based on the allocation system and your car would have been a base GT500 allocation. So you couldn’t have “ordered any options” like selecting a CFTP or painted stripes unless the allocation was for those options. Since you got a base car, your allocation was not a CFTP allocation and it may or may not have been able to option painted stripes.

·
Registered
192 Posts
It's my opinion not a fact. I understand why Ford did it, it's just not a color I like compared to all of the other "heritage" colors available. Of the people I've spoken to in person who are current Shelby owners, not a single one of them selected Brittany blue when asked what their favorite heritage color was. I think Ford could have painted the new 2022 GT500 HE any color they wanted and it would always hold a price premium above the standard model cars. I would love to see a deeper analysis into the auction pricing information you mentioned to better understand timing of sale, mileage, and condition of the various cars.
Just pointing out that people you’ve talked to is a small sample size.

I don’t have a link to the study, I imagine that if you dig through SAAC files/website you would find it. I am sure that the results were not the result of better condition of car selling higher. If the vehicles are rolling across the auction block, there is a standard of care and expected condition, and this study was done by Shelby judges and Shelby experts who are called in to appraise a cars value—I think they easily pass the authority test.

“Heritage” based on its meaning refers to something that harkens back to a predecessor. Colors that were available in 1967 were just 1967 colors, which I think is what you mean when you say “Heritage”.

When Ford launched the ‘22 HE in November 2021, they said “Paying homage to the original 1967 Shelby GT500”, I think they choose well. There are many stories and articles of Brittany Blue with white stripe GT500s Brittany Blue 1967 Ford Mustang G.T. 500

I think it clearly captures the celebration of the past.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 (Carbonized Gray base w/ technology & Recaro package)
229 Posts
I remain confused as to why it all matters. Everyone should buy what THEY like. Buying a car in a color that you don't like or with options that you don't like for this amount of money is ridiculous to me and something that I will never understand. Whether or not it ends up being worth more money or not is completely irrelevant. The car should be what you look back at smiling like an idiot 5 times after you've parked it and are walking away or grinning like a child each time you start/drive it. Those feelings are what you paid for!!
I realize that people will debate forever that cars are better investments than they used to be based on auctions or whatever but unless we're all car collectors looking to buy these cars as big diecast versions to stick in a garage and never look at again, WTH is the point? No one typically debates that a house is a good investment. Would you buy one with 15 bedrooms that you don't need or with architectural features that you find ugly simply because someone tells you that it will be worth more money one day?

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,945 Posts
I remain confused as to why it all matters. Everyone should buy what THEY like. Buying a car in a color that you don't like or with options that you don't like for this amount of money is ridiculous to me and something that I will never understand. Whether or not it ends up being worth more money or not is completely irrelevant. The car should be what you look back at smiling like an idiot 5 times after you've parked it and are walking away or grinning like a child each time you start/drive it. Those feelings are what you paid for!!
I realize that people will debate forever that cars are better investments than they used to be based on auctions or whatever but unless we're all car collectors looking to buy these cars as big diecast versions to stick in a garage and never look at again, WTH is the point? No one typically debates that a house is a good investment. Would you buy one with 15 bedrooms that you don't need or with architectural features that you find ugly simply because someone tells you that it will be worth more money one day?
Couldn't agree more. I bought mine in bright orange because it was comical to me and I still smile and and laugh every time I look back at it as I walk away.

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,945 Posts
When Ford launched the ‘22 HE in November 2021, they said “Paying homage to the original 1967 Shelby GT500”, I think they choose well. There are many stories and articles of Brittany Blue with white stripe GT500s Brittany Blue 1967 Ford Mustang G.T. 500

I think it clearly captures the celebration of the past.
And that's your opinion and you're welcome to it. I just found it odd that they chose the color that wasn't even the most popular color for 1967 GT500's, in fact it was only the 5th most popular color according to the information I have access to.

Lime Green - 522
Nightmist Blue - 360
Moss Green - 354
White - 346
Brittney Blue - 301
Red - 96
Acapulco Blue - 65
Black - 3
Bronze - 1
Gray - 1
Yellow - 1

·
Registered
229 Posts
The mind is a powerful thing. People convince themselves that they like/love things all the time because of many reasons different from the actual truth. I bought what I did because it’s what I truly like and actually plan to leave it to my son so what it’s ultimately worth is nothing compared to what it means to me and hopefully him because it represents a dream car to me.
People get what’s most expensive because they think it makes them better people by status or more desirable or envious somehow to others. There is no price to place on what my car means to me and I hope that each and every one of you feel the same although to be honest, I doubt it.
To the OP, if you fall in love with the HE color, it makes you feel how I described and you can afford it get it. It’s that simple.

·
Registered
2022 Heritage, CFTP, painted stripes, tech pack
170 Posts
I’ve been reading all the views on this thread. First, buy what you like and then be happy. Sounds like most of you are. The thread asked what may be more valuable in the future, the CFTP or some other color. A bit of a loaded question as it included the CFTP in the question. I think a better way to state it is HE Brittany Blue versus other colors. Even then, who knows what will be valued by future collectors. But as a side note, you can bet, with a very high degree of confidence, that any color CFTP will hold a higher value. It’s a $18,000 option and only on a limited number of car. You may not like the Brittany Blue, that’s cool. But, as a reference, look at the current prices on the secondary market and it goes up if it’s Brittany Blue, goes up again if it’s a CFTP and goes up again if it’s a painted stripe CFTP with HE. Not saying that will hold long term but to answer the original question in the thread, it would appear that that is the case today. Anyhow, I love the other colors out there, how about that mischievous purple recently posted or that cool green. We are living in a great time enthusiasts. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
192 Posts
And that's your opinion and you're welcome to it. I just found it odd that they chose the color that wasn't even the most popular color for 1967 GT500's, in fact it was only the 5th most popular color according to the information I have access to.

Lime Green - 522
Nightmist Blue - 360
Moss Green - 354
White - 346
Brittney Blue - 301
Red - 96
Acapulco Blue - 65
Black - 3
Bronze - 1
Gray - 1
Yellow - 1
Yes, saying that I think Brittany Blue captures the meaning of a 1967 Heritage well is my opinion.

I am not sure what those numbers are referring to or what “popular” means unless they are production numbers. Multiple places have Brittany Blue as 438 made. If those are production totals, number made doesn’t equal what Ford should have selected as the HE color. If that was the case, Black should’ve been selected as now days that is the most common color (at least for the last GT350).

·
Registered
192 Posts
I’ve been reading all the views on this thread. First, buy what you like and then be happy. Sounds like most of you are. The thread asked what may be more valuable in the future, the CFTP or some other color. A bit of a loaded question as it included the CFTP in the question. I think a better way to state it is HE Brittany Blue versus other colors. Even then, who knows what will be valued by future collectors. But as a side note, you can bet, with a very high degree of confidence, that any color CFTP will hold a higher value. It’s a $18,000 option and only on a limited number of car. You may not like the Brittany Blue, that’s cool. But, as a reference, look at the current prices on the secondary market and it goes up if it’s Brittany Blue, goes up again if it’s a CFTP and goes up again if it’s a painted stripe CFTP with HE. Not saying that will hold long term but to answer the original question in the thread, it would appear that that is the case today. Anyhow, I love the other colors out there, how about that mischievous purple recently posted or that cool green. We are living in a great time enthusiasts. Enjoy the ride.
I agree. Well said.

I think many of threads, and we seen a few, all revolve around the fact that this car has the title “Heritage Edition”.

I had a friend say to me “Brittany Blue is polarizing, people either love it or hate it.”

Every color is polarizing. I’m not a fan of Grabber Blue, Atlas, or Black to name a few. That’s why we have choices—we get to select what fits us.

No one ever said that they bought a car with a color that they were 50/50 on. Not without some extenuating circumstances that made them overlook the color.

So the reason for why these threads on the HE always seem to go to the same place is that signifier Heritage Edition and what that means in values.

A CFTP Heritage Edition with Painted Stripes will be valued higher than all others, and we are already seeing data for that with cars selling for 155k-165k. A few have gone for lower $144k, but there are numbers that we are seeing that exceed all other CFTP cars of other colors.

When I had my 350R it was Leadfoot Gray. When the 350HE came out, I didn’t much care for it. I loved my car and it’s unique nardo gray color. I wouldn’t have sold it to buy an HE. But I never thought that the existence of the HE lessened my car.

These threads 🧵 follow the same pattern. Eventually we hear “buy what you like or cars are not investments”, I just want to point out that I don’t know why any of you bought your car, and none of you know my reasons—they are personal and without asking we cannot assume. There are no wrong reasons, even if it was to flip a car. Not our money. But the presumption, that I hear a lot, is that if you bought an HE it’s because it must be money or values because who could love Brittany? I, myself, love Brittany Blue. It reminds me of how Leadfoot made me feel—a color that makes a statement without screaming at you, and it has other personal connections to me and my story like how when I did an article on the designer of the 1967 Shelby GT500, Charles McHose, when I was at Hot Rod Magazine, we brought him a number of cars to celebrate him being welcomed back to Ford, one of those cars—the star of the show was a 1967 Shelby GT500 in Brittany Blue. Those are my reasons. Article was posted of Ford Performance https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/quick-look/2021/02/charlie-mchose.html.

The value markets will do what they do, but none of us—HE owners or non HE owners can change that.

What I would ask is that we try to respect each other’s decisions in what we bought and not try to tear each other’s cars down, but instead respect each other as enthusiasts.

Everyone on this forum, whether you have a base model GT500 with zero options or a car with $32,000 of options: your car is badass.

I think these threads need to stop in the pattern that they always seem to follow.

·
Registered
22 HE CFTP
310 Posts
I agree. Well said.

I think many of threads, and we seen a few, all revolve around the fact that this car has the title “Heritage Edition”.

I had a friend say to me “Brittany Blue is polarizing, people either love it or hate it.”

Every color is polarizing. I’m not a fan of Grabber Blue, Atlas, or Black to name a few. That’s why we have choices—we get to select what fits us.

No one ever said that they bought a car with a color that they were 50/50 on. Not without some extenuating circumstances that made them overlook the color.

So the reason for why these threads on the HE always seem to go to the same place is that signifier Heritage Edition and what that means in values.

A CFTP Heritage Edition with Painted Stripes will be valued higher than all others, and we are already seeing data for that with cars selling for 155k-165k. A few have gone for lower $144k, but there are numbers that we are seeing that exceed all other CFTP cars of other colors.

When I had my 350R it was Leadfoot Gray. When the 350HE came out, I didn’t much care for it. I loved my car and it’s unique nardo gray color. I wouldn’t have sold it to buy an HE. But I never thought that the existence of the HE lessened my car.

These threads 🧵 follow the same pattern. Eventually we hear “buy what you like or cars are not investments”, I just want to point out that I don’t know why any of you bought your car, and none of you know my reasons—they are personal and without asking we cannot assume. There are no wrong reasons, even if it was to flip a car. Not our money. But the presumption, that I hear a lot, is that if you bought an HE it’s because it must be money or values because who could love Brittany? I, myself, love Brittany Blue. It reminds me of how Leadfoot made me feel—a color that makes a statement without screaming at you, and it has other personal connections to me and my story like how when I did an article on the designer of the 1967 Shelby GT500, Charles McHose, when I was at Hot Rod Magazine, we brought him a number of cars to celebrate him being welcomed back to Ford, one of those cars—the star of the show was a 1967 Shelby GT500 in Brittany Blue. Those are my reasons. Article was posted of Ford Performance https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/quick-look/2021/02/charlie-mchose.html.

The value markets will do what they do, but none of us—HE owners are non HE owners can change that.

What I would ask is that we try to respect each other’s decisions in what we bought and not try to tear each other’s cars down, but instead respect each other as enthusiasts.

Everyone on this forum, whether you have a base model GT500 with zero options or a car with $32,000 of options: your car is badass.

I think these threads need to stop in the pattern that they always seem to follow.

Love reading this. When I first saw the pics of the HE, I didn't realize it was a Heritage edition. I just saw the color and loved it. I called my dealer and told him what I wanted to order a GT500 and that I wanted it in Brittany blue. He put the order in and sent me a text of the pic of the order with the price. I went there that day to sign the paperwork and that is when I found out you had to get the Heritage package with that color. I was ok with that because I wanted that color. I later read up on it. So the decision had nothing to do with the investment part but with how the color spoke to me at the time. I later bought a carbonized gray because of the not knowing if the car was going to be built and loved that color as well. I love all the colors of the GT500s throughout all the years. Just certain colors speak to me more then others but either way it is still a GT500. I don't care what color it is, I would still drive it and be happy with the fact I am driving one.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Love reading this. When I first saw the pics of the HE, I didn't realize it was a Heritage edition. I just saw the color and loved it. I called my dealer and told him what I wanted to order a GT500 and that I wanted it in Brittany blue. He put the order in and sent me a text of the pic of the order with the price. I went there that day to sign the paperwork and that is when I found out you had to get the Heritage package with that color. I was ok with that because I wanted that color. I later read up on it. So the decision had nothing to do with the investment part but with how the color spoke to me at the time. I later bought a carbonized gray because of the not knowing if the car was going to be built and loved that color as well. I love all the colors of the GT500s throughout all the years. Just certain colors speak to me more then others but either way it is still a GT500. I don't care what color it is, I would still drive it and be happy with the fact I am driving one.
I enjoyed reading your post as well.

How we found out that it was a Heritage mirrors how I found out. I too did not know it was Heritage until I was told about an hour after seeing the color when it debuted in November 2021. Once I knew that it requires stripes then came the question: vinyl or painted stripes? That was a big debate.

At first I was going to go vinyl and send the car to my friend and 1965 GT350 and Automotive Hall of Fame Designer, Peter Brock, to paint on his stripes and make the car a Peter Brock Special; however, another buddy convinced me that having it come from factory was the better choice—especially since Brock didn’t design the 500.

I studied the painted stripes on cars in my area, examining the quality and one thing that is never discussed but that a salesman shared with me is that all of the panels that Penske paints (bumpers, hood, roof, trunk) are color sanded and buffed.

So going in to buy a 500, I was initially planning on getting a solid color car—no stripes or black roof, but now I have car with the the $12,140 HE package with painted stripes, quite a surprise but in the end it was the best decision that I made. I love seeing the Wimbledon White paint and that cool new style GT500 logo in the stripe on the hood—a very cool modern design touch that is normally only reserved for special editions of the Ford GT, and I love the color. So happy with the car, and I think Ford did a great job on this car and the Heritage Packages overall.

·
Registered
2021 CFTP Carbonized Grey
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
When I first saw the news of HE and the release photos I immediately fell in love with that color and the one that I actually thought looked better was the base trim which I ordered it. So much uncertainty followed and wanting not to miss the opportunity owning one I went ahead and purchased ‘21 base antimatter blue which I owned for a few months only to upgrade it later to ‘21 CFTP carbonized grey which I love the color and the way it shows with carbon fiber wheels, wing. It doesn’t seem that the base HE ordered it may happen since still in code 19 and stuck to material clean status. The dealer called and told me that I can get their upcoming CFTP HE with vinyl stripe for $20k ADM and now I’m torn. I love what I already have but I also love the way that Brittany Blue looks against the carbon fiber so, wondering if an additional $20k is worth it. If they would give it to msrp I wouldn’t blink doing it. The car will only be enjoyed on weekends and holding their value or loosing minimal value is important which prompted the question of future value in the first place.

·
Registered
'22 HE CFTP + TP
59 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have actively followed the “2022 GT500 Order/Tracking” thread and the majority of orders, deliveries seem to be the HE. There is a lot of talk about future values of HE based on GT350Rs outcome but that car was limited to 280 while with the GT500s it seems that all other colors are rare and the HE is the most common produced. What do you all think?
As for numbers...
I think (pretty sure it was @Goose17 who said along the lines) that GT350 HE is more about to GT500 HE what GT350R is more about to GT500 HE CFTP.
Lower numbers for GT500 HE CFTP POTS.

As for rarity, colors, and resale value...
There will be rarer colors than the HE's. Mischievous Purple for starters. HE with black painted stripes. Etc.
IMO, rarer does not automatically imply higher value.
Supply and demand --the "right" HEs may fare better vs relatively rarer colors in terms of value, today and over time.

To me, the best color, etc choices are the ones the car owner likes.

And vinyl stripes are not permanent. Big Worm Graphix offers top and side vinyl stripes in several colors (excepting Wimbledon White, I believe).

I am wrapping the roof of my car in gloss black and deciding about the top white stripes. Might replace the side ones with some black.
Call me crazy, but I am doing what fancies me.
Should I find myself in a life-death situation in which I have to sell this car, I will worry about resale value then.

·
Registered
192 Posts
When I first saw the news of HE and the release photos I immediately fell in love with that color and the one that I actually thought looked better was the base trim which I ordered it. So much uncertainty followed and wanting not to miss the opportunity owning one I went ahead and purchased ‘21 base antimatter blue which I owned for a few months only to upgrade it later to ‘21 CFTP carbonized grey which I love the color and the way it shows with carbon fiber wheels, wing. It doesn’t seem that the base HE ordered it may happen since still in code 19 and stuck to material clean status. The dealer called and told me that I can get their upcoming CFTP HE with vinyl stripe for $20k ADM and now I’m torn. I love what I already have but I also love the way that Brittany Blue looks against the carbon fiber so, wondering if an additional $20k is worth it. If they would give it to msrp I wouldn’t blink doing it. The car will only be enjoyed on weekends and holding their value or loosing minimal value is important which prompted the question of future value in the first place.
I remember reading your post on your antimatter and trading it in for your new car. I loved Antimatter and your ‘21 is a good looking car.

To your question on the price—$20k over is a steal on that car. Typical vinyl stripped cars are $140-155k. So 20k over is a deal that is exceptional. I’ve helped friends buy or search for 500s so I know where they typically land with certain packages, and that is a low price on that variation.

I have a friend who is a Ford VIP, he could literally order anything he wants and he is choosing a CFTP HE with vinyl stripes. Reason why? He likes the old school logo on the fender.

As long as you take care of the car, it will still hold value—that goes for your ‘21 or the new HE.

A vinyl HE CFTP will have a higher value but lower than painted HE CFTP. In the end, it’s what you want. Just like my friend—money is not an option and he’s outside of the allocation system yet he is choosing what he likes more.

·
Registered
192 Posts
As for numbers...
I think (pretty sure it was @Goose17 who said along the lines) that GT350 HE is more about to GT500 HE what GT350R is more about to GT500 HE CFTP.
Lower numbers for GT500 HE CFTP POTS.

As for rarity, colors, and resale value...
There will be rarer colors than the HE's. Mischievous Purple for starters. HE with black painted stripes. Etc.
IMO, rarer does not automatically imply higher value.
Supply and demand --the "right" HEs may fare better vs relatively rarer colors in terms of value, today and over time.

To me, the best color, etc choices are the ones the car owner likes. For himself. To drive and enjoy.

And vinyl stripes are not permanent. Big Worm Graphix offers top and side vinyl stripes in several colors (excepting Wimbledon White, I believe).

I am wrapping the roof of my car in gloss black and deciding about the top white stripes. Might replace the side ones with some black.
Call me crazy, but I am doing what fancies me.
Should I find myself in a life-death situation in which I have to sell this car, I will worry about resale value then.
My old car was 1 of 13 made in that combination. Not 1 of 13 that year—1 of 13 in existence in the world 🌍 : Leadfoot Gray GT350R with no stripes and a black roof.

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Cloud

There were approx. 280 GT350R Hertiage’s that were all the same in color options minus the last car which was LR280 which was Bill Ford’s car that received painted over the top stripes and painted side stripes.

That being said, despite my old car being rarer, it’s value is probably 95k-100k. A HE R range from low 150-170k, and I would put the three Peter Brock Specials at $220k-$250k (original GT350R designer redoes his masterpiece and painted stripes, definitely will demand a premium).

The one thing that I like that Ford did is that they made the HE accessible to most buyers. Although limited in its total number, you could have one for $2,140 extra, so it wasn’t as if you had to have a CFTP or you had to have Painted stripes, so unlike the 350/350R HE which were all the same you have 4 variants: base HE vinyl, base HE paint, CFTP vinyl, CFTP paint.

The last one, the CFTP paint, if we want to get an idea for how many will be made let’s look at California. Southern California is Ford’s biggest market. How many HE CFTP Painted cars are they receiving? Right now: 12. Twelve cars for Ford’s biggest market.

Central CA is receiving 0
Northern California is 5

So as a state: 17 CFTP HE painted stripe cars.

The total HE cars coming to CA at this moment is 31 of all variants (vinyl, base, etc.).

So largest market and 17 cars sent to the state—that car is going to be rare.

Because my car was the twelve GT500 made I keep a total of the cars prior to mine so I could determine what number in HE’s that my car is. At best third and worse 4th. Right 95% sure that it is HE #3.

Since I’m always on the lookout for a car that predates mine, I keep a look out on the cars that are showing up. Through all of my searches, I’ve seen probably around 50-60 CFTP HE Painted Stripe cars. I definitely have not seen over 80 or over 100.

When Production is done I believe that number will be low 100 if it even hits 100. Why so low whereas the 350R HE had 280? Because there are variations that did not exist prior, and $2,140 is more attractive than $12,140 so we are seeing something that we didn’t see in 2020 with the 350HE that only cost an extra $1,965.

Most common of course is the base vinyl HE.

Next followed by the CFTP HE vinyl

then CFTP HE paint

and then base HE paint.

Just like the discontinued Carbon Fiber Handling Package, which was extremely rare, the base HE paint will not demand a higher value than a CFTP HE painted car, and probably will not demand more than a non-HE CFTP, but that is up to the market.

·
Registered
229 Posts
And there you have it sir. Every current or about to be owner of a HE GT500 that responded have indicated that they bought the car because they love the color. Because you pay more for the color up front does not guarantee you more money if you ever have to or want to sell it whenever that may be. Or maybe it does mean that you will get every penny you paid and then some. No one knows and can never know because there’s no guarantee that you will sell it or when you will do so. Economy, culture, future collectors desires, etc, etc, etc. all play a huge role at the specific time you want to sell.
If you love the color and the options as the current owners do and can afford it, it’s completely irrelevant what the car will be worth it the future. It pays for itself with how it makes you feel. This and this alone has been my point.

·
Premium Member
4,374 Posts
Scottie - quit applying common sense on a car forum!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
And there you have it sir. Every current or about to be owner of a HE GT500 that responded have indicated that they bought the car because they love the color. Because you pay more for the color up front does not guarantee you more money if you ever have to or want to sell it whenever that may be. Or maybe it does mean that you will get every penny you paid and then some. No one knows and can never know because there’s no guarantee that you will sell it or when you will do so. Economy, culture, future collectors desires, etc, etc, etc. all play a huge role at the specific time you want to sell.
If you love the color and the options as the current owners do and can afford it, it’s completely irrelevant what the car will be worth it the future. It pays for itself with how it makes you feel. This and this alone has been my point.
And to be clear, while I’d love to see it in person, from pictures I’ve seen, I think the it’s a very nice color but I’m not you nor am I spending your money but will if you want to give it to me. LOL 😂

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,945 Posts
Yes, saying that I think Brittany Blue captures the meaning of a 1967 Heritage well is my opinion.

I am not sure what those numbers are referring to or what “popular” means unless they are production numbers. Multiple places have Brittany Blue as 438 made. If those are production totals, number made doesn’t equal what Ford should have selected as the HE color. If that was the case, Black should’ve been selected as now days that is the most common color (at least for the last GT350).
I pulled those production numbers from here. They reference 435 in brittney blue but that includes GT350's as well as GT500's. Not sure if that's where the 438 number came from.

Font Number Pattern Symmetry Parallel

21 - 40 of 41 Posts