Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no affiliation with the sale of this car, only posted as an FYI

Not my video. Dealer not far from me wants $25k ADM on a base non HE car!

Race Red does look sweet!

Product Font Material property Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
605 Posts
Man Ford really jacked the prices up. The sticker on that one is within a few hundred bucks of mine, and I have the ludicrously overpriced painted stripes. That one has Recaros and side stripes that mine doesn’t, so it looks like they jacked them up about 7k.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Seeing stuff like this makes me so mad at Ford. It's bad enough they raise the prices. So many people in here including me are waiting for Ford to build their car. Now we have dealers that get their dealer-ordered cars before paying customer orders putting 25k markups. It's Ford's fault and Ford that is causing the markup by fulfilling the dealer's orders first. I thought customer-ordered cars had higher priority than dealer ordered. Ford's commercial even says a customer order car has a higher priority than a dealer car. That's the commercial we have around here in South Texas.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500, SGM, " 1 of 1 "
5,492 Posts
It's the cost of chasing the next shiny new object !!

Reactions: Daves500

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base Rapid Red
124 Posts
Base price is $76k now? That seems a little too high... My 2021 base price was $70,300. I thought it was only supposed to be a $3k difference or so.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Base price is $76k now? That seems a little too high... My 2021 base price was $70,300. I thought it was only supposed to be a $3k difference or so.
'22 base price started about $3k over '21 at level 220 (73,465), then increased to 225 (74,555), 235 (76,555), & now 240 (76,820).
$3,400 just since start of the model year! And that's not including option price increases either!

·
Registered
165 Posts
This is my exact 2021 spec. Base price is exactly $6255 more than mine with 6% sales tax it's $6,630 more. Dang.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,976 Posts
Seeing stuff like this makes me so mad at Ford. It's bad enough they raise the prices. So many people in here including me are waiting for Ford to build their car. Now we have dealers that get their dealer-ordered cars before paying customer orders putting 25k markups. It's Ford's fault and Ford that is causing the markup by fulfilling the dealer's orders first. I thought customer-ordered cars had higher priority than dealer ordered. Ford's commercial even says a customer order car has a higher priority than a dealer car. That's the commercial we have around here in South Texas.
To play devil’s advocate, we may not have all the info. A customer could have ordered a car and then backed out. The car would then become dealer stock. I have no idea if this was the case, but it’s possible.

Reactions: Daves500

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To play devil’s advocate, we may not have all the info. A customer could have ordered a car and then backed out. The car would then become dealer stock. I have no idea if this was the case, but it’s possible.
Possible but unlikely because Special Order notation is missing. But who knows what the story is. I am curious as to how much it ends up selling.

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Registered
2022 GT500 on order
248 Posts
Everything is Ford’s fault? Maybe the dealer had an allocation for stock last year that got canceled?
It’s Ford’s fault the dealer marked it up 25k over the FORD MSRP? Ford can’t tell a dealer what to sell the DEALERS car for just like a state, county, or city can tell you what to sell your house or car for.
It’s amazing you put so much faith into a commercial I mean they used to tell you cigarette smoking was safe and Dr’s do it.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 on order
248 Posts
'22 base price started about $3k over '21 at level 220 (73,465), then increased to 225 (74,555), 235 (76,555), & now 240 (76,820).
$3,400 just since start of the model year! And that's not including option price increases either!
See post #14

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
1,031 Posts
You see post #14 too.
What’s your point? We all know inflation is up, the point of this forum is to have discussions on GT500 related topics. Couple of guys chatting about price and your playing “see post 14” because you said so? Kinda rude don’t you think?

Reactions: Tonys_GT500

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base Rapid Red
124 Posts
What’s your point? We all know inflation is up, the point of this forum is to have discussions on GT500 related topics. Couple of guys chatting about price and your playing “see post 14” because you said so? Kinda rude don’t you think?
Yeah, not sure what that dude's deal is...

• Haha
Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Registered
2022 GT500 on order
248 Posts
Lots of bellyaching over price increases. There is a reason for it.
Lots of people crying about a dealer having a car, a dealers price on a car and/or ADM.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
1,031 Posts
Lots of bellyaching over price increases. There is a reason for it.
Lots of people crying about a dealer having a car, a dealers price on a car and/or ADM.
That’s what people do on these forums is bitch about shit, talk about shit it’s a community. It’s not cool if you feel like you should dress people down over their opinions. Especially hijacking the OP’s thread and telling him “see post 14”

Ford does have the ability to rein in the dealers on ADM’s they chose not to yet. They’ve done it on the Lightning and pulled back EV chargers from dealers who abused the privilege of selling them. So it’s fine if someone is pissed about paying an ADM. What difference does it make besides upsetting your delicate sensibilities?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts