Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 CFTP
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That absolutely sucks! So are you paying or is Ford paying? I’d be calling Romeo and say hey y’all goofed this up, cough up a ready to go valve cover stat!
Honestly, the dealership experience has gone to hell. Buying a car and building a relationship with a dealer used to actually be fun and worthwhile. Now the customer means nothing. I’m fixing this on my own dime. Same as I did when my 21 base leaked trans fluid as a result of manufacturing defect acknowledged by ford via a TSB. Don’t tell Ford but I actually enjoy fixing these issues. It’s a great sense of satisfaction and accomplishment plus I know I take better care of my car than any service department ever would.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
1,767 Posts
Honestly, the dealership experience has gone to hell. Buying a car and building a relationship with a dealer used to actually be fun and worthwhile. Now the customer means nothing. I’m fixing this on my own dime. Same as I did when my 21 base leaked trans fluid as a result of manufacturing defect acknowledged by ford via a TSB. Don’t tell Ford but I actually enjoy fixing these issues. It’s a great sense of satisfaction and accomplishment plus I know I take better care of my car than any service department ever would.
Oh buddy I know all about the breakdown of the dealership. My family has had a relationship with my preferred dealer since the 70’s. I literally grew up with and am friends with the son who runs the place now. They let their “Special vehicle acquisition” ass hat screw me out of 9 chances to acquire a GT500 at MSRP built my way. I ended up buying from his competitor and told him about it. I was promised a GT500 since 2019. Needless to say we don’t hangout anymore and Rarely talk. My ole pal even gave me an extended warranty 7/100k free because he knew how pissed I was.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
2022 CFTP
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, probably over a month until I can get a new valve cover so got a little creative. Sealed the tear with TA-357, Motorcraft High Performance Engine Silicone. Its used as a gasket when installing the valve covers so surely its built to withstand high temps. Been tearing around town all day at 95+ degrees with no issues. Not an ideal fix but it'll work until I get a new valve cover!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts