Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
3,113 Posts
Well It doesn't look like I will ever get the owners kit, they told me I can't get one since the Philippine market didn't join the program, I talked to Eric and the manager at [email protected] thats ford performance website, I call them also.
Yep even though I bought it brand new paid 141 grand for a base model I can't get a damn owners kit. You think they would try to find a way but so far nope, just no, I sent them what Jim Owen there marketing manager states Each Shelby GT500 Owner will receive a Welcome Owners kit. Doesn't say only the ones in the USA/Canada market. Any help from anyone here would be deeeply Appreciated
Maybe try writing a letter to Ford, and Jim Owen and point that out to them. Sometimes a nicely worded letter gets a nice answer.

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
3,183 Posts
Maybe try writing a letter to Ford, and Jim Owen and point that out to them. Sometimes a nicely worded letter gets a nice answer.
Yes sir, That is my next step, trying to get good contact info first. Thank you.

You don't happen to have a good Mailing or Emailing address?

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
3,183 Posts
UPDATE.
Eric at Ford Performance is Emailing Jim Owen and someone else, so lets see what happens, I still believe most people are good so I think there is a 80% chance now to fix this issue.

Thank you to all for help in this no matter how it turns out.

· Registered
Shelbys - 2020 GT500 CFTP & 2019 GT350
76 Posts
Well It doesn't look like I will ever get the owners kit, they told me I can't get one since the Philippine market didn't join the program, I talked to Eric and the manager at [email protected] thats ford performance website, I call them also.
Yep even though I bought it brand new paid 141 grand for a base model I can't get a damn owners kit. You think they would try to find a way but so far nope, just no, I sent them what Jim Owen there marketing manager states Each Shelby GT500 Owner will receive a Welcome Owners kit. Doesn't say only the ones in the USA/Canada market. Any help from anyone here would be deeeply Appreciated
That sucks, I guarantee you there’s a salesman at your dealer with your owners kit in his closet

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
3,183 Posts
That sucks, I guarantee you there’s a salesman at your dealer with your owners kit in his closet
LOL, most likely haha. Yes it does Suck big time.

· Registered
76 Posts
I think Ford is the only manufacturer that calls it an “owners kit” and owners / buyers almost always ask for it, Porsche gives you a box with a coffee table book and a pen with car designation on it, and a magazine subscription that never ends, I’ve kept every one and only had a buyer ask for it once. I haven’t even opened mine for the GT500 it’s sitting on the shelf in my office with 30 other boxes. Honestly what more important to me is the window sticker, I’m 55 y/o and I have an entire drawer in a filing cabinet with window stickers for every car I’ve ever bought since I was 17. I won’t give them to anyone, they’re going to be buried with me when I die….

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
3,183 Posts
I think Ford is the only manufacturer that calls it an “owners kit” and owners / buyers almost always ask for it, Porsche gives you a box with a coffee table book and a pen with car designation on it, and a magazine subscription that never ends, I’ve kept every one and only had a buyer ask for it once. I haven’t even opened mine for the GT500 it’s sitting on the shelf in my office with 30 other boxes. Honestly what more important to me is the window sticker, I’m 55 y/o and I have an entire drawer in a filing cabinet with window stickers for every car I’ve ever bought since I was 17. I won’t give them to anyone, they’re going to be buried with me when I die….
Well, I all honestly I never bought a New Car before, Always used, to save money, So this time as i really wanted this car I said The hell with it bought new. I am 60 years old, And If I was you i would kept all the window stickers too haha, if you don't want your owners kit I buy it from you hehe. I told Ford Reps I am a Mopar guy always bought Mopars Mostly vintage stuff. I have friends here who have Lambos Ferraris Porsche ETC and they said the same as you. Yeah The first time I buy New I get screwed. Oh well :)

· Registered
76 Posts
Well, I all honestly I never bought a New Car before, Always used, to save money, So this time as i really wanted this car I said The hell with it bought new. I am 60 years old, And If I was you i would kept all the window stickers too haha, if you don't want your owners kit I buy it from you hehe. I told Ford Reps I am a Mopar guy always bought Mopars Mostly vintage stuff. I have friends here who have Lambos Ferraris Porsche ETC and they said the same as you. Yeah The first time I buy New I get screwed. Oh well :)
Just when you think you’ve figured how to buy a new car they change the rules…

· Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
54,197 Posts
UPDATE.
Eric at Ford Performance is Emailing Jim Owen and someone else, so lets see what happens, I still believe most people are good so I think there is a 80% chance now to fix this issue.

Thank you to all for help in this no matter how it turns out.
Sounds promising. Hopefully it works!

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
3,183 Posts
Yes, hopefully it works as I really want this kit, I am willing to buy it. Thanks

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
3,183 Posts
Update, It didn't work. Because I order it here in the Philippines I will NOT get a owners kit, they'll send me the Authorization certificate with my GT500's VIN and Chassis number on it. So I'll get that. But I still want the kit, so if anyone wants or knows someone who can get me this or sell me a kit, contact me at [email protected] I will pay for it plus shipping costs. I'd prefer the one for my GT500 but that seems like a impossible task at this point. But will also rather have a 2021 kit, but again I'll take anything any kit. Thank you and take care all. I did get a window sticker for 49.00 bucks from Ford Show room parts store.

Attachments

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.